Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NGC census - finally updated

It looks like NGC finally - after years - got around to updating its world coin census (or at least, the Polish section). Link It looks to be pretty current, since it includes a few coins I submitted about 2 months ago.

"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow... interesting. I would like to take a look. Thanks for the update.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    I wish PCGS would post this information. Even with a membership, you can't get it in this format.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing this link with us; it's very informative.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    NGC still doesn't list the 1911 1 franc specimen I submitted in August 2003.image
  • Options
    I have a Charles II farthing in 62 that is not listed either... I am not sure this is accurate, but its better than nothing

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Weirdly, NGC seems to have deleted some material... the Poland 20 zlotych 1925 gold coin, for example, used to have hundreds of entries, now it seems to only have 3.

Overall, it seems they've added a lot of "new" stuff.

But from the sounds of it, they haven't got everything.
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    NGC still doesn't list the 1911 1 franc specimen I submitted in August 2003.image

What did that specimen grade?image

Thanks for posting this secondrepublic, I see Greece is as updated as it can be, given the secretive nature of some well known collectors and their demands to not include their coins in the census.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I didn't think one could demand not to have their coin in the census...

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Dimitri, the 1911 EA was graded SP67.
  • Options
    1911 5 Lire Italywas added to the list

Mark
  • Options
    Highest Brit coppers graded are 66s. image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders