Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FUN Hotel Accomodations

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just made reservations at the Best Western Plaza International at 8738 International Drive for $52 a night. Seems awful cheap yet still a 3 star AAA hotel.

I do not recall this hotel one way or another.

It is close enough to the convention center for me.

Any comments or suggestions?

Also I have always rented a car in the past. This time around I might take a cab just to avoid having to return the car back to the rent a car place when returning. A time waster.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    DJCDJC Posts: 787
    Don't know that one specifically, but I-Drive is a relatively small area with plenty of local transport easily available. Many areas are very easily walkable distances. Lots of good restaurants on I-Drive as well. Nights however, the Drive can easily be overrun with tourists, especially weekends, so driving is really slow.
  • Options
    I noted the cabs run about $30-$35 each way from the airport to the Convention Center and return. Which taxi or limo service is the best or does it not matter?
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    oreville ,you did well i made my reservations yesterday for 79.00 per night at a hotel at 9000 international drive, i thought i did well .
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oreville, I've stayed at the BW and it is a decent place. No extra frills but all one needs. Walk is about 1/2 mile to the center. And the exercise is good. Figure on a 30 minute drive from the Airport.
    Rental Cars are nice for getting around at night if you don't have someone else helping to share the entertainment & dining bill.
    The BW is close enough to walk to eateries if you are so inclined.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Looks like a decent price. I think its a 3/4 mile walk but that is no problem for you. I think it's about 10 foot elevation change.image (inside joke - we both hike mountain trails)

In the past I always used hotwire about a week before the show. Select Sea World/ Universal area and I have always been within a mile of the convention center. The first week in January is always a slow one in Orlando so the hotwire rates have always been excellent.

This year I have a trade show taking place at the same time in the convention center so I booked the Rosen Center through the trade show. My first FUN show that I can write off.image
  • Options
    capecape Posts: 1,621
    when this show gets closer well have to have a group get together to meet each other
    ed rodrigues
  • Options
    I'm taking the whole "fam damily", and got a three bedroom condo w/pool/gym/etc for $75 a nite..... It's a few minutes drive but hey...... can't have everything !!!! Hoping to see y'all there !!!!
    Cam-Slam 2-6-04
    3 "DAMMIT BOYS"
    4 "YOU SUCKS"
    Numerous POTD (But NONE officially recognized)
    Seated Halves are my specialty !
    Seated Half set by date/mm COMPLETE !
    Seated Half set by WB# - 289 down / 31 to go !!!!!
    (1) "Smoebody smack him" from CornCobWipe !
    IN MEMORY OF THE CUOF image
  • Options
    longtimecollector: make sure your wife drops you off and pick you up rather than park at the convention center. Parking is not too cheap.

Also you get to be left alone!!

Best,

Robert

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of cheap stays in the area. Two years ago, I stayed somewhere on I-drive for about $40 a night. There is a trolley that goes up and down the drive, stopping at the convention center, that costs about $1 per ride. Round trip airport shuttle was about $25-30, so take a cab only if you can share it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file