Home Sports Talk
Options

At least the Eagles didn't lose to the 49ers

stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
That's about the only positive thing from that Broncos game today. Not looking too good right now but the Eagles will bounce back. A number of games the rest of the way for the Eagles are with NFC East teams and the dominance of the Eagles in the NFC will be shown then. The Eagles will win the NFC East, will win the NFC, and will win the Super Bowl.

Comments

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    This was a game I thought would be a problem in pre-season.

3-0 in the next three - @Was, DALL-ASS, @Giants
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Face it guys the Eagles are no longer the best in the east!
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    LOL..run the Eagles offense with your second string QB and you all couldn't beat SF either! You guys suck, but be thankful that you haven't
    had any injuries!

JS
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>LOL..run the Eagles offense with your second string QB and you all couldn't beat SF either! You guys suck, but be thankful that you haven't
    had any injuries!

JS >>

Dude, you are a moron if you think that any good team worth it's salt wouldn't beat up on the 49ers in their present state. *I* could have put on a better performance today.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>This was a game I thought would be a problem in pre-season.

3-0 in the next three - @Was, DALL-ASS, @Giants >>

Wait a minute - you don't think the Redskins are going to be a bit angry after losing so badly to the Giants today? Then, while I don't think much of Dallas, they are playing pretty well lately even without Jones, and then the Giants (who will admittedly be coming back to earth around then) remain a tough challenge. Philly doesn't seem right to me - they'll be lucky to go 1-2 in their next 3 games.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This was a game I thought would be a problem in pre-season.

3-0 in the next three - @Was, DALL-ASS, @Giants >>

Sounds to me like you are stuck in the PREVIOUS 4 or 5 years. Better get used to some stiff competition in the NFC East from the Giants, Cowboys, AND Redskins ..... wait a minute, is it the mid 1980's ????

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    but be thankful that you haven't had any injuries!

I knew that was going to be the spin ... c'mon Joe, be a man.

• Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    This is great!! Bucs back to earth!! lose to 49ers?? hahahahahahahahahahahahha

Eagles run is done! 4 years is pretty much what every good team has before its over. cowboys will come in after the bye week and whip philly!!! then the lions might not even want to show up. cowboys go 11-5 win the east and march to the superbowl!
  • Options
    Not so fast Kuhlman ...

The Eagles are 4-3 (I expected 5-2 thru 7 games, including a loss to Denver) and have some tinkering to do. They will get that done. Out of the 3 other teams in the NFC East, the Giants are the only real threat.

Until another NFC team wins the title, the Eagles are the team to beat. Not the cowboys, skins, giants, or falcons.

TO is playing for a new contract, as is Westbrook. Jimmy Johnson, Reid, and McNabb will right the way.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    You Eagles fans are so delusional, it's funny. Talk about living in the past...And the past never even included a Super Bowl title...
  • Options
    <<< You Eagles fans are so delusional >>>

We were 4 points away from winning last season's Super Bowl. Delusional? It is delusional to call us delusional when the team is still basically intact from last season and came close to winning that last season's Super Bowl.

Yes this is a new season, but in the NFL things can change rapidly during the season, and things will start changing for the better with the Eagles. They have too much talent and are too well coached for this not to happen.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes this is a new season, but in the NFL things can change rapidly during the season, and things will start changing for the better with the Eagles. They have too much talent and are too well coached for this not to happen. >>

Their refusal to run the ball is going to hurt them. They are starting to remind of the Rams a few years ago where you were just hoping for the coach to call a stinking run occasionally. I know that their short passing game is their "running" game but you have to at least show a defense the run to keep them honest.
    Before this was not such a big deal because McNabb's scrambling ability would keep the defenses honest but with him running less now and banged up they will have problems if they continue to pass, pass, pass.
  • Options
    <<< Their refusal to run the ball is going to hurt them. They are starting to remind of the Rams a few years ago where you were just hoping for the coach to call a stinking run occasionally. I know that their short passing game is their "running" game but you have to at least show a defense the run to keep them honest.
    Before this was not such a big deal because McNabb's scrambling ability would keep the defenses honest but with him running less now and banged up they will have problems if they continue to pass, pass, pass. >>>

Valid points. It is obvious McNabb can't run because of the injury and that changes the defensive scheme much to the benefit of the defense. Reid is going to have to come up with a better game plan and I think he will. No doubt there will be more rushing plays by the Eagles in the coming games.
  • Options
    You Eagles fans are so delusional, it's funny. Talk about living in the past...And the past never even included a Super Bowl title...

Hold on to the past man!

do you have a hard on for Eagles fans or what? Was your girlfriend cheating on you with an Eagles fan? Most Steelers fans I know rooted for the Eagles last season, as most Eagles fans did in the 70's or in the last Super Bowl the Steelers played in.

What have the Steelers done in recent years? A victory over the Eagles last season? An ass-whoopin by the Patriots?

So how are the Steelers going to do this season?

Cardsfan - good points. I think the Eagles went into the Denver game looking to run more and then found themselves in a big hole ... as is the recent tendency. To me, that is the more pressing issue. The defensive line and its injuries does not have the same successful rotation it once did, and because of that, the patented Johnson blitz packages are affected. At 4-3, they are still a game out but that is only on paper. They are playing mediocre football and are capable of so much more - which is why I (along with other fans) am acting "delusional" ... there is too much talent on this team to not go back to the Super Bowl and win it.
  • Options
    All I know is that the Steelers would NEVER give up over 500 yards of total offense to ANYBODY...You honestly cannot think that the Eagles can win the Super Bowl this year with their roster, can you? What are the two mottos of Super Bowl champs, run the ball and play good defense. Last time I checked, the Eagles aren't doing either one very well. BTW, I rooted for the Pats in the Super Bowl last year...
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i> All I know is that the Steelers would NEVER give up over 500 yards of total offense to ANYBODY >>

Never say number. Denver is exceptional at home and I think this year they won't tail off as in years past. In other words they are the real deal and a major AFC contender. With the Eagles probably looking ahead to the next 3 weeks I wouldn't hold yesterday against them. I was impressed that they were able to come back in that game after the first few series they could of just lied down.
  • Options
    CardsFan does make excellent points. The Broncos are a very good team and should have beaten the Giants on the road last week, but 49 points scored on the Eagles? I just remember watching the Eagles in year's past and I don't think they are anywhere near what they were. A lot probably has to do with McNabb's injury, but you have to be delusional to think that you can win the Super Bowl passing the ball about 75% of the time. Any good defense will pick them apart if they tried to do that, Steelers included...
  • Options
    but you have to be delusional to think that you can win the Super Bowl passing the ball about 75% of the time.

you throw that much when you are down ... and the Eagles have not had many leads this season. True, they are more of a passing team, but the percentage of pass plays comes down about 10% when the Eagles hold a lead, which they basically did all of last season.

I am not buying into McNabbs injury slowing him down. He is able to play as he has shown. I am sure it hurts, but he says he can play.

BTW, I rooted for the Pats in the Super Bowl last year...

good for you!
  • Options
    It's probably a moot point for both the Steelers and Eagles this year, anyway. The Colts look like the favorites this year. If they don't trounce the Pats next week, then they will never beat them. I just don't know if you realize how annoying it was during the summer to be beaten in the skull daily with the news about T.O. You guys need to get rid of him as fast as you can in the off-season. He'll never be part of a Super Bowl winning team with his attitude. He was taunting the crowd yesterday when they were down 28-7...That's class...
  • Options
    I just don't know if you realize how annoying it was during the summer to be beaten in the skull daily with the news about T.O.

believe me, I do. I actuallly look forward to a TO-less Eagles team. Brady did it with four 2nd-3rd receivers, and McNabb did lead the Eagles to the big game w/o TO.