Home PSA Set Registry Forum

2006 NFL HOF Nominees Announced

Here's the list by position...

Link:

2006 Preliminary Nominees
I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

Comments

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    Of this list, which players do you think SHOULD eventually be inducted into the HOF?

Here's mine:
    QB
    Aikman
    Moon
    Stabler

RB
    Thomas

WR
    Irvin
    Monk
    Reed
    Pearson

TE
    None

OL
    Dawson
    Grimm
    Keuchenberg
    Zimmerman

DL
    Dent
    Greenwood
    Reggie White

LB
    Carson
    Gradishar
    Derrick Thomas
    Greene

DB
    Hayes

ST
    Guy

Coaches
    None

Contributors
    ????
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see "Too Tall" Jones get in at some point.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • I'm sure Art Modell has Cleveland's vote
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• From a hockey guy, here would be my picks:
    Quarterback:
    Aikman
    Stabler
    Moon
    Theisman
    WR
    Monk
    DL
    Dent
    Greenwell
    Jones
    White

A lot of good players listed but the hall is for only the greatest!

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    If Pearson is on the list you might have to include Sterling Sharpe as well. He was the first WR with over 100 and back to back 100+ recpts in a season. His career was also shortened due to a serve neck injury. Imagine his numbers if he was still with Favre. I dont think Manning and Harrison would have the record yet for TD combo.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • No Brainers are Reggie White , Troy Aikman and Warren Moon after that is a crap shoot. But is I had to guess.

Ray Guy -- Should be in, why is there no punter in the HOF and I'm not counting Baugh or Blanda
    Michael Irvin -- I hate the guy, but deserving -- Only one WR and he's better than Monk and Reed
    John Madden -- He's in, Raider Nation
    Harry Carson -- Why not make it Seven this season

These guys are close but no cigar Dent , Haley 5 SB , Reed , T. Thomas , Monk, Keuchenburg , D. Dawson next year and Dearick Thomas should go in as well as Cornelius Bennett.

I'm really rooting for Ray Guy, I just can figure out why he's not there already and it will be tough for him this year with this great group. Crossing my fingers, to bad you outbid me for that PSA 9 Guy. Is it as nice as it looked?