Home Sports Talk
Options

Braves suck (again)

Not sure what's worse, having a team that is a perennial regular season loser or having one that is a post-season loser.

Up 6-1 in the bottom of the 8th, unfreaking-real...

Comments

• Options
    18 innings, incredible image
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoops! missed this thread as I just started one too. WHAT A GAME! image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Great game......Clemens at 42 is astonishing in itself........Great Job Astros.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian

I have to say, as a Braves fan, this one was interesting. My goat? LaRoche not watching his coach, looking at the ball and being thrown out at the plate - that cost them directly.

Blown opportunities? Many. Great plays? Many.

Entertaining game? yes.

First time I have seen a "double header" - all I can say is congratulations to the Stros.

Baseball is truly a game of inches!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I hear ya Mike.

After about the 12th or so I figured the only way for Houston to win would be by a HR. Braves had sooo many chances...

My scapegoat - Farnsworth.

Congrats to Houston, but their season will only last another 5-6 games.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure what's worse, having a team that is a perennial regular season loser or having one that is a post-season loser.

Up 6-1 in the bottom of the 8th, unfreaking-real... >>

Dear Atlanta Braves organization,

We warned you a long time ago about Kyle Farnsworthless. Not only is he lacking mental skills, he lacks pitching skills as well. However, if you want the hottest party spot, he's your guy.

Signed,

The Chicago Cubs

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    farnsworth is not even worth a bag of 1990 donruss commons. pathetic. if atlanta was a baseball town, he would already be run out of town.

and i always wonder why people clump braves and yankees fans together. "you're on the bandwagon." "you only root for good teams." no, my friends....being a true (and i emphasize true because half the braves fans that were present in the 1990's are gone because Georgia football is back) braves fan during this past decade is torture (ok, maybe being a KC fan is worst).
  • Options

<< <i>farnsworth is not even worth a bag of 1990 donruss commons. pathetic. if atlanta was a baseball town, he would already be run out of town.

and i always wonder why people clump braves and yankees fans together. "you're on the bandwagon." "you only root for good teams." no, my friends....being a true (and i emphasize true because half the braves fans that were present in the 1990's are gone because Georgia football is back) braves fan during this past decade is torture (ok, maybe being a KC fan is worst). >>

The Braves would not have even made the playoffs without Farnsworth. Kolb and Reitsma sure weren't the answer for the bullpen. Numerous missed chances are the reason the Braves lost today. La Roche looked like he was trotting around the bases, is he really that slow or just had no sense of urgency??
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Braves would not have even made the playoffs without Farnsworth. >>

I agree Farnsy was great this year, I hated to see him blow it. I was surprised they brought him in so early.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Farnsworth likely cost himself a few dollars this winter in the FA market with that performance.

Heck of a game, though! It was cool to see Clemens enter the game as a hitter, lay down the sac bunt, and then throw 3 scoreless innings. When they interviewed him right after the game, he didn't want to say much - he deferred attention to the kid that hit the HR. Good stuff.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    loving it!!!
  • Options
    they had a 6-1 lead in the 8th!? omg good thing I didn't watch this game as I would have flipped a lid. God we suck in the postseason!
    Real recognize REAL
  • Options

<< <i>God we suck >>

So do the bucs image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>God we suck >>

So do the bucs image >>

1 loss isn't that bad. We should have won todays game...stupid penaltys and just dumb decision making.
    Real recognize REAL