My Auctions
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Nice little squares. What are they?
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    What did he choke on? Just curious.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

A pretzel.
  • Options

<< <i>What did he choke on? Just curious. >>

I dunno, but he almost took that fan's head off with the flying bat.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he choked on his 4 World Series rings .... I could be mistaken however image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I thought he choked on his 4 World Series rings .... I could be mistaken however image >>

Yeah because HE'S the reason they won all 4.

I think you meant to say 'he choked on that ungodly salary he pulls down - cause he sure as hell is the most overpaid MLB (after Bernie Williams).'
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think you meant to say 'he choked on that ungodly salary he pulls down - cause he sure as hell is the most overpaid MLB (after Bernie Williams).' >>

Most hits since 96, always makes big plays, is a team leader. Underrated in my book.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think you meant to say 'he choked on that ungodly salary he pulls down - cause he sure as hell is the most overpaid MLB (after Bernie Williams).' >>

Most hits since 96, always makes big plays, is a team leader. Underrated in my book. >>

He's a team leader? I hear that thrown around all the time, but exactly what does he do to lead this band of mercenaries? He sure as hell doesn't show it on the field, or he would have moved over to third and let the superior shortstop in Arod play his natural position. He sure as hell doesn't do it in the clubhouse, or you wouldn't have Sheffield in the media calling out his teammates. Jeter as a 'leader' is just another myth perpetuated by the media, and devoutly followed by yankee nation.

And would any other team in the majors pay a light hitting shortstop who hits .300 $17 million per year? Yes, light hitting, he's averaging less than 20 HRs per year, and less than 80 RBIs. I guess a singles hitter who gets about 200 hits a year and little power at the shortstop position is worth that much?

• Options
    Now we believe everything Sheffield says? Yes Jeter has a large contract, which shows how valuable the Yankees think he is. The team wanted him to stay a Yankee and paid for it. Sure he probably would have got less if he signed somewhere else but probably not that much.
  • Options
    Because the yankees always pair fair market value for their players?

I mean if you look up and down their roster, and look at what their players are making, you'd say a majority of them are signed at what they are worth?

• Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    Jeter is one of the top 10 most overrated players of the past decade
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Sure he probably would have got less if he signed somewhere else but probably not that much.

I disagree, and I have always been a Jeter fan.

Jeter may not have the big stats to justify that contract ... but many BASEBALL players don't either. If MLB had a salary cap (which they should) he would be getting paid alot less, again as many players would.

Jeter has intangibles that many do not. He is reliable in the pinch/clutch, and I cannot think of too many players I would rather want in a tough situation.

As far as the rbi's, doesn't Jeter bat leadoff?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>Because the yankees always pair fair market value for their players? >>

I didn't say they paid fair market value and did add that he probably would have got less elsewhere but it would have not been substantially less. I agree wtih 1420 about the intangibles, he is simply a gamer.