Home Sports Talk

Ichiro Breaks Yet Another Record

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
After establishing a new single-season hits record last year (an unreal 262), Ichiro again made MLB history by becoming the first player to ever start his career with 5-straight 200+ hits.
5 straight 200+ hit seasons in a row has only been reached 5 times, the last by Wade Boggs. The record for consecutive 200+ hit seasons is 8, by 'Wee' Willie Keeler.

What's even more amazing, is his 200 hits this season, is considered a 'down' year for Ichiro.

For his career, he's batting .331 and already has over 1100 hits.

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    he would have had a good shot at Pete Rose if he had started here.

• The little scrawny guy never gets hurt either, solid player.....
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• What makes it so amazing is that Ichiro plays for crappy Mariners' team with no good hitters. The only other player that had a solid year was Richie Sexson. Beltre sucked all year. So, Ichiro had to find good pitches to hit.
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Ichiro is a great player and I have always pulled for him. At least it gives the Mourner fans something to root for. I got po'ed last year when some writers were trying to downplay his record by saying he got cheap hits by slapping the baseball because he was fast. LOL, well isn't that part of the game? If Ichiro had played his entire career in the US he certainly would have had a shot at Rose's record. He is 31 years old and even if he averaged 220 hits for the next 10 years he would still be over 1,000 hits short of Rose's record.

Hey Mourner fans, how about that about that Beltre acquistion last year? Money well spent.image
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey Mourner fans, how about that about that Beltre acquistion last year? Money well spent. >>

What's this? A yankee fan questioning another team's off season moves? Hillarious! Yes, Beltre had a bad year, but Sexson was money ALL year, money very well spent.

Spammy you're pathetic...you start off with a moronic 'rofl' reply to a legitimate post, then you try to post and be taken seriously, then you wonder why people despise you?

Moron.