Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

If I won the lottery------------

This would be in my collection; image
Set of Indian Princess Patterns, dated 1871

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC

Comments

• Options
    Wow - Must be 50 coins there! I think you have some repeats to your image.

If I was going after patterns, it would be the Amazonian set since it includes silver and gold patterns.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    OOps, fixed! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just rob RKKay or Boiler78 instead.

Better odds that way.

Jus' kiddin', fellas! imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

For my big lottery $$$, it would the the PR69 Ultra High Relief in the upcoming Palm Beach auction.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

For my big lottery $$$, it would the the PR69 Ultra High Relief in the upcoming Palm Beach auction. >>

Link

That coin is so perfect it looks like one of those fake repros!
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooops.

Correct Link

They have one of these at the ANS exhibit at the Fed in New York, right next to the 1933. I spent a lot more time looking at this one!
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Fixed...
    Tom

• Options
    With my lotter winnings I would contact TradeDollarNut to see if I could pry these coins from him: Gobrecht Dollars
  • Options
    If I won the lottery... I would have multiples of safe deposit boxes at the banks.. all filled with top shelf material...Cents thru Gold.. image
  • Options

<< <i>If I won the lottery... I would have multiples of safe deposit boxes at the banks.. all filled with top shelf material...Cents thru Gold.. image >>

Screw the bank boxes. If I won the lottery I would custom design a house ($500,000-$1 million range) complete with a separate room just for my collections. Of course a bank worthy vault would be installed.
  • Options
    If I won the lottery, I will buy a completed high grades Morgan set with DM.
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd get a complete double set of Pan Pac coins, halves-$50 coins... and an army of monkey servants.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options

<< <i>image

For my big lottery $$$, it would the the PR69 Ultra High Relief in the upcoming Palm Beach auction. >>

i held this coin in NY. amazing is all I can say.
    Nick
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd have to snatch up every single 1792 Half Disme I could get my grubby little hands on.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of Siam proof set. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I'd build the biggest house in town, trade the rest of the money in for TONER FRANKLINS, ACCENT HAIR KENNEDY'S, AND MONSTER TONER MORGAN, and then throw them at the "poor" people that walked by my house or stepped on and bent my grass. Aiming for heads of course.image

Actually I would buy the next 1913 V nickel available just to piss off my girlfriend. She hates my coins.
    I'll tell you what to do.
    Go that way.
    Really fast.
    If something gets in your way, turn.
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd build the biggest house in town, trade the rest of the money in for TONER FRANKLINS, ACCENT HAIR KENNEDY'S, AND MONSTER TONER MORGAN, and then throw them at the "poor" people that walked by my house or stepped on and bent my grass. Aiming for heads of course.image

Actually I would buy the next 1913 V nickel available just to piss off my girlfriend. She hates my coins. >>

Dump her...Dump her NOW!!!
    Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    She hates Guns also, and If you know Brownings You know what my handle is.........I think its a little of the opposites attract thing. She used to be very liberal (teacher) but she is starting to see things my way more every day.
    I'll tell you what to do.
    Go that way.
    Really fast.
    If something gets in your way, turn.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of these could get me excited about collecting again:

imageimage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would look for the most beautiful gold coins - probably mostly European.. since American gold has but few truly artistic examples. Then I would buy a few that I really liked. Most likely that would end my collecting ... although I would frequently admire my acquisitions. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I'd be calling about the price on that 1865 proof set.

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might be able to complete what I have started.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    If I win the lottery

I would give everybody here a ten dollar indian Gold peice

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd hire Jay image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file