Home U.S. Coin Forum

People here just amaze me.

I read the posts here and I am just blown away by the level of knowledge and expertise in various types of coins. I basically collect what you guys might call "pocket change". Even though most of the threads here are either over my head or well outsie my collecting interests, I really enjoy reading about all these really old coins that a lot of you collect. It's like having a virtual encyclopedia on US Coins. Just amazing. Thanks.

Comments

• ERER Posts: 7,345
    Nah, just a bunch of hot air.
  • HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    And to paraphrase Mark Twain, "some of the information posted here has the added benefit of actually being true."

-donn-
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
    Everything I write is my opinion.

Looking for alot of crap.
  • I guess it's hard for me to argue, since i have not been here long. But there seems to be quite a few accomplished collectors here, and a rather diverse group as well. But anyone who knows more than me always impresses me.
  • To paraphrase W. C. Fields "I'm not sure about being a member of any group that would listen to an opinion of mine!"
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • I believe you're paraphrasing Groucho Marx "I wouldn't want to join an organization that was willing to have me as a member"

Justgotripped, Most of us started with "pocket change". I started with circulated Jefferson nickels and world coin poundage.
  • RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's published on the internet, it must be true."- RYK
  • but anyone who knows more than me always impresses me.

Wouldn't that be everyone???image

Actually Justgotripped, based on your forum name, if you were sober, you'd be surprised at how much you knew already without us "Einsteins"!!!!
    The Accumulator - Dark Lloyd of the Sith

• << <i>And to paraphrase Mark Twain, "some of the information posted here has the added benefit of actually being true."

-donn- >>

Neo...image
  • mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    what er said
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People in the Open Forum just amaze me.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Even though most of the threads here are either over my head >>

The best threads are the ones that go over our heads.

Russ, NCNE
  • I'm also a pocket change collector and the longer I stay in this forum the deeper into collecting I get.

I'm even started buying from eBay. image

---------------------
    My Coin Blog
  • MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    People in the Open Forum just amaze me.

They amaze me too, but I don't think that's a positive thing..... image
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    People here know everything. Unfortunately it includes knowledge like

the world is flat, disease comes from evil spirits and pregnancy is caused

by hot, humid weather.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Well, from what I have read here there certainly are quite a few people who are very knowedgable, evidenced by the amazing coins they always seem to "stumble upon". I just love the stories of people buying raw coins, based on their knowedge of the series, and making MS65 Saints, of top Pop Accent hair kennedy's or SMS top pop Cameos.....just amazing.
  • I agree I have been helped and always treated fairly...

This forum is and always will be #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With loads of information.

righton

All the heavy weights seem to frequent it ..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file