Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another ebay laugh riot

Link

Check out the descriptions of the coins. Not even a little research. Sheesh!

"4.one gold color dollar with a woman and baby" image
-Bob
collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set

Comments

• Options
    And a partridge in a pear tree

Ding! There's your Post of the Week, folks.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the auction isn't bad.. he's dumb, but honest
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Smart guy, sell 'em for face and then make a quick $15 on shipping charges. What a deal!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    my aim is jerkwad999
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A $15 charge for shipping doesn't leave much room left to bid on the coins. image

This putz seems to have forgotten that many people think of the shipping charges as a part of the price also, unless the successful bidder is as dumb as he is.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    MyqqyMyqqy Posts: 9,777
    I kind of like that crusty looking peace dollar..... but not that much.
    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable !
  • Options
    xbobxbob Posts: 1,979

<< <i>Smart guy, sell 'em for face and then make a quick $15 on shipping charges. What a deal!image >>

I thought it was dumb but honest too but the S&H makes me think perhaps the lack of coin knowledge is faked to make beginners think they might get a rip. Still pretty funny descriptions.
    -Bob
    collections: Maryland related coins & exonumia, 7070 Type set, and Video Arcade Tokens.
    The Low Budget Y2K Registry Set
  • Options
    i buy about 250 coins a year, some on ebay...i,ve noticed the last year shipping has got out of bounds...i don,t mind paying a fair price for a coin, but then the seller adds $5 to $8 to ship and then i receive the coin and it cost under a dollar to ship it...about 2 months ago i went to a no charge for shipping [ priority mail ] and insurance on my ebay hobo nickel auctions...i understand this wouldn,t work on low dollar auctions, but sellers could charge actual shipping plus the cost of shipping container which is usually 25 cents or so...
    xx
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I have my eye on the drummer boy quarters and the gold colored coin. image -Dan
  • Options
    I have better crap in my junk box!
  • Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Watch it will probably end for $100+
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS