Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Mongolian "trial" euros!

Hide under your desks! The Europeans are reconquering the world! This time they're going for such far-flung places as Mongolia! Forget accession talks, political and economic normalization and those boring things! Armenia's already under the umbrella! Of course, Georgia had to be supressed before they could handle the Armenian issue. Apparently Corsica was given autonomy under the new European Empire. And even the old Evil Empire, Russia has been consumed by their might! Siberia was rewarded with autonomy under the Empire for their assistance in the conquest of Russia. The overpopulation of Reindeer and Mongols in Scandanavia catalyzed the creation of the Lapland Republic under the Empire. Hey, even Kosovo is a responsible government deserving recognition under the Empire. If it's not enough to overrun old countries and create new ones, the European Empire has reinstated the Carthaginian State!

All of that is to say, this "trial" euro stuff is getting a tad bit absurd. Each link above is to a euro pattern set for that location. There are more, equally as absurd, but this is more than enough to prove the point. Hell, Mongolia alone is enough to do that! All of those linked above are from the same seller, which is not to pick on him (however deserving he may be for selling this crap at those prices!), rather he had the most outlandish ones I've seen.

When's this going to stop? Which morons do we have to beat over the head? Ten bucks a pop would be a cute novelty. Forty-plus is stupid and irresponsible.

Comments

• Neat designs but can you imagine the damping effect on collecting if all coins around the world were of the same metals, sizes and shapes?
    Brad Swain

World Coin & PM Collector
    My Coin Info Pages <> My All Experts Profile
  • WHAT?!?!?!!? Now that is pretty ridicious. Why no pictures of the coins!!! I would be interested to know what company made such trial coins...
    List of my partial coin list: My Coin List
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    What designs? I only see the cover of the packaging in these auctions.

It looks as if these are all made by a private mint targeting unsuspecting newbies.

Spoon, do I detect some strong antieuropean feelings despite the humour? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks as if these are all made by a private mint targeting unsuspecting newbies. >>

That, and older, neurotic, pokemon-gotta-have-em-all-style collectors.

<< <i>Spoon, do I detect some strong antieuropean feelings despite the humour? image >>

Not at all. image I think the EU is heading in a good direction overall, however slowly. If anything the sarcasm was mocking paranoid euroskeptics here at home. But I'm sure the UN will instutue the New World Order and subjugate Kansas before the EU takes Mongolia. image