Home Sports Talk
Options

Bob Feller makes a coment about the latin players!

will he get away with it? it was just on sportscenter. he said those caribean guys dont know the fundamentals! is that as bad as the san fran guy said?

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Feller is one of the greatest pitchers of all time. Dude can say whatever he wants!!

JS
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    If Feller wants to say it, so be it. It's one thing for a citizen (albeit HoFer) to make a comment like that, quite another for a radio personality doing his job and breaking out the racists comments.

By the way, that radio guy losing his job was ridiculous. He should have been punished, yes, but fired? That seems extreme.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I agree he should of not lost his job. I've heard ALOT worse on multiple stations. I wonder if Alou would have made such a big deal about it if there wasn't the attack on him?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Are we that sensitive?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Feller is one of the greatest pitchers of all time. Dude can say whatever he wants!!

JS >>

Agreed
  • Options
    This politically incorrect crap needs to stop.

If someone wants to run their mouth, you can always choose to not listen.

Some people, not necessarily here, but in general, need to grow some thicker skin.

Dal
  • Options
    Feller fought for the right to say anything he wants. The parts I've heard seemed like the the interviewer was baiting him and chomping at the bit to put himself in the limelight.......
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    With his credentials, and at his advanced age...he can saw whatever he wants. He's a private citizen..unlike that knucklehead Al Campanis.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...