Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1968-70 Partridge Meats regional Reds set

Last time I checked PSA will not grade cards from the 1968-70 Partridge Meats Reds set as they measure 4" by 5". Does anyone know if GAI or any other company will grade cards of this size?

Thanks.
Phil

Comments

• Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I sent the Perez from 1972 to GAI and they would not grade it.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    redlegsredlegs Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information Kevin. I have a Bench that is very sharp that I have wanted to get graded.

Phil
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    It's a multisport set, not a Reds set.

I'm surprised if GAI won't grade it. They brag that they will grade anything.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Speaking of GAI, I sent in 10 different oversized, oddball Perez cards that they told me on the phone they would grade, including the Patridge, all but one item came back they no longer grade. Based on my conversations prior to mailing, I sent in Dayton Daily News cards, Topps Deckle Proof cards, 71 Coin proof cards, 71 Topps Super Proof cards, oversized Reds team postcards PSA would not grade, etc. I was unhappy after spending the postage both ways to get one card graded. I spent time on the phone with customer service and finally got a few free grades but given their reduction in what they will grade I hesitate to send them anything oddball or oversized.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcholke
    As was said before - it was my understanding that GAI would grade the Queen Mary if they could find a big enough baggie!!

I think, if they are rejecting a card, it's not because of size as much as not wanting to grade/authenticate certains issues. But this is just my guess on it.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I was disappointed to learn PSA does not grade 1968 Partridge, because it might be Bench's scarcest rookie-year issue behind '68 Kahn's. But the only PSA holder that would take it is the T3 Cabinet slab, and my understanding is that they reserve that only for T3's. The next-largest slab, the one they use for Hostess and Bazooka panels, is not quite big enough for a 4-inch-wide card.

• Options

I am years late on this conversation but SGC grades them. I have a Partridge Meats SGC 7, Kenwood 7.5 and Shilitos 7.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like PSA changed course and has been grading them for at least a little while. Here is th epop report:

https://www.psacard.com/pop/baseball-cards/1968-70/partridge-meats-reds/20108

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can reach out to my GAI contacts if that would be helpful.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

I'm not sure what happened to the PSA Pop Report for the 1968-70 Partridge Meats. It appears that the number of cards showing graded has drastically reduced. The Johnny Bench doesn't even list anymore. I have a PSA 9 of the Bench.

• Options

• Options

PSA won't grade the Shillitos but SGC will.