Home Sports Talk
Options

Moose and Leiter carry Yanks

DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
Finally these guys get it in gear. The Yankee offense is very good now that another cog in the system is swinging like the best--Giambi.

Jeter and Cano have consistently been good about getting on base. Sheffield and Arod may well be the best slugging duo. Giambi is one of the best players now (look at his OPS). Posada and Williams are at least steady and decent. Martinez needs to just come around. All in all, a solid line up.

With guys getting time off to heal on the DL, the Yankees can make a September run for the division lead. If Johnson, Moose, Leiter, Brown and Wang can at least pitch decently, the offense will help the Yanks win the games they need. Pavano and Wright can help with starting and middle relief, so the Yankees have a bright September to look forward to. Granted a 200 million dollar team should not be scratching and crawling its way to lead the division, but that's what makes baseball fun to watch. It is hard to predict.
"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Pavano won't be coming back this year.

Big Unit will be missing his next start, possibly more than just one.

Leiter is going to be counted on to carry the yankees? He' s had 2 good starts for the yanks, 3 bad ones. The Yankees are going nowhere, and if they don't win the division (they won't) they won't be getting the wildcard.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What, did Spammy call you DG? image

If "Moose" and Leiter are going to "carry" the Yanks - I'm feeling pretty good about things right now as a Red Sox fan.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Sheffield and Arod may well be the best slugging duo. >>

You've heard of Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz, right?
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>What, did Spammy call you DG? image

>>

I was thinking the same thing...this thread is very spammy-tainted.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If Johnson, Moose, Leiter, Brown and Wang can at least pitch decently >>

No love for Chacon? Both his starts have been quality and he goes again tonight, maybe they can get him a win this time.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I forgot about Chacon. The Yankees keep buying up all these pitchers, I lost track. Chacon may end up a quality pitcher for the Yanks.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Small too - Small's last start made me $50 image