Home Sports Talk
Options

Trade deadline a bust.

CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
Looks another boring trade deadline weekend. Only 10 minutes left and it look like no superstars will be moving.

Comments

• Options
    i guess that's what happens when only 2 teams are running away with their divisions, it gives such dregs as the giants or tigers the belief they can win the wild card and the real losers like tampa and reds demand too much for their lousy players,they are in fact fooling themselves. 3 weeks from now they will be trying desperately to dump those same salaries when their parks are empty.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Very quiet, indeed. I was hoping to see the Cards land a young outfielder - not just to shore up this year's gimpy squad, but to address the inevitable future needs at the position. Oh well, Jocketty's touch is usually golden, so I guess I'll have faith that today's inactivity will ultimately be in the team's best interests.

(Whew! Reyes fans Ledee with the bases loaded in the 6th. Still 3-2. Go Redbirds!)
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    did my mets blow it? or did they finally get smart and not trade away the future for a run at another dream! bc mets arent winning the division and the wildcard seems like miles away!