Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How many piles of cards are on your desk right now?

Comments

• Options
    Fun read. Just 2. Wife keeps the piles to a minimum.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one either. I've got 7 stacks, total about 100+ cards:
    2 stacks of Rose - Donruss and Fleer cards to scan
    1 stack of low grade HOF'ers, dunno what to do with
    4 stacks of other cards I keep meaning to list on ebay

But my desk is a mess anyway between work, cards, cards I make, and computer stuff.
    kev

keeping my ears open for oddball cards of Rose from the 60's and 70's.
  • Options
    Approximately 18 stacks of 20-30 cards each consisting of two stacks of each of my set registry. One that is ready for grading and one that needs to be check for possible grading. That doesn't include the three wax boxes, a stack of old Reds photos, programs and media guides. And one stack of Graded cards waiting to be filed into my sets in the closet. Sometimes I can't even see the top of my desk and my wife has to ask me to pick up so she can do the bills. Now that my son is 18 months he is everywhere and I don't have as much time for my cards as I used to. I guess now that I think about it I'll have to straighten it up tonight.

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    ttt,

Matt - I love being reminded of old threads. I am only at 4 stacks right now.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ttt,

Matt - I love being reminded of old threads. I am only at 4 stacks right now. >>

I will be at zero by tomorrow night. Dont tell Tonya, but for some reason I dont think its going to be a permanent thing image
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Actually on my desk? One 300-ct box. Also on my desk is a stack of old web servers and atop that stack are six stacks of cards in various stages of being ebayed. Please click my link below to help me houseclean. Yeah, I said it.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I thought I was better organized.

Stack 1 - 1941 Play Ball
    Stack 2 - 1984 Donruss
    Stack 3 - 1963 Topps Raw
    Stack 4 - 1963 Topps PSA 6
    Stack 5 - 1960 Fleer / Scoops
    Stack 6 - Some Hockey / 1981 Brett PSA
    Stack 7 - 1958 Topps
    Stack 8 - 1959 Topps
    Stack 9 - CS1s
    Stack 10 - JJill/Itunes

Sad.
  • Options

<< <i>I will be at zero by tomorrow night. Dont tell Tonya, but for some reason I dont think its going to be a permanent thing image >>

I can read you know image
    Tonya
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, not exactly piles of cards, but I do have a 1994 Fleer, 1995 Fleer, and 1994 Ultra sets that need binders/pages, which I can't afford to get right now. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Just 2 now..........the table beside my desk doesn't count, does it?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Desk? I don't need no stinkin desk, My cards are piled up in the floor.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    wow, I'm up to 17. I need to do some cleaning....

Geordie

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    That's actually West's 4th card if you count the '61 IA... and I need that card Jordan!!
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine are off the desk...

But some are on the shelf and most are now stuck in 800 ct. boxes to be sorted just before I get put out to pasteur.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Zero. If I left any cards in the open, they'd become instant cat toys.

Now, in my closet, I've got 3 of those boxes PSA sends back, full with future submissions. They're arrange in some random order. Well, it wasn't random when I first sorted them, but since I've forgotten why I sorted them that way, they're random.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    4 on my desk, 1 on the table next to my desk, 1 on the scanner, 15 on the floor, about a dozen on the bookshelf. One's more of a heap than a stack.
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just 3 at the moment, but give me time, it's still early.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    16 piles of various sizes. Time to sort some cards out. time to send another order to PSA

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    3, plus a ballcube that arrived yesterday (1946 Philadelphia A's Team Ball, with Connie Mack and Al Simmons signatures).
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    8 right now...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    About 300, But 125 of those are 1987 Phil Simms cards.

• Options
    way to many to count lol
    hi to all

Collecting Jordan graded cards,
    Jordan #d cards,

Wanted: Bill Quackenbush cards
  • Options
    5 stacks on the enter. center about 30 on my closet shelf
  • Options
    10 stacks of graded cards.
    3 boxes of commons
    learning to work around them~~~~~ PRICELESSimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    It's a nightmare-- I really don't even want to talk about it. I have about a 20" by 6" space in front of the keyboard, and das is alles.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    ...about an 800 count lot of 88 Topps football, about 10 cracked 91 Pro Set final edition sets, a stack of the 1000 yard club cards from my rack case break, a 660 ct box of 91 Enor football and the remnants of an 05 UD Legends break and a stack of Giants cards I still need to send off to ToppsCollector.

• Options
    2 stacks on the desk, 1 in the desk drawer and 7 on the entertainment ctr.
  • Options
    2 (300 ct) boxes and about 5 stacks of high end Emmitt/Troy parallels.

I need to push through these (add to my db) quickly, I have 15k coming in about 2 weeks.

aint it fun.
  • Options
    4 on the desk and too many within a foot or two of the desk.
  • Options
    10.... Just random cards some baseball some basketball.
  • Options
    I'm not sure, but as soon as I find my desk, I'll let you know.
  • Options
    Axtell
    any of those Montana cards for sale? what do you have?
  • Options

<< <i>Axtell
    any of those Montana cards for sale? what do you have? >>

Sorry, but he's long gone.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    One pile is a stack of cards that are on a psa set that wouldnt go in for some reason labeled " on registry, submitted"

Two piles of " Not on registry, submitted" Waiting for some cards to hit the registry.

Two piles of PSA rejects of crossovers Im going to crack and resub to see if they go, from "miscolored" to "minisizerq" to my personal fav " evid trim"

One pile of loose cards ready for submission

One pile of FB cards Im getting ready to put up for sale as soon as I figure out my new scanner

One pile of cards for me to take home and put in my safe, where I keep my entire collection.

Great question, kind of en eye opener to our slovenly ways
  • Options
    I finally took a picture of my desk. Needless to say I don't really use my desk anymore.

• Options
    Just one tin , 2007 Sweet Spot Classic sigs .

Baseballs ?? That is a different story .
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    too many to see much of the desk and it goes bothways prob 10x 7 feet l shaped, lol-i can never find anything,two rows of shelves above to, it a mess but if i cleaned it id really never be able to find anything

WHAT DESK,ithoght the stuff was floatingimage
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I'm up to 30. >>

Somehow I've spawned a couple more - now at 32!
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    none.My trunk is full of 2000 count boxes and thats just what i bought this year.The rest is in storage
  • Options
    7... at the moment
  • Options
  • Options
    about 2 dozen.

hi guys!
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>about 2 dozen.

hi guys! >>

I don't like math on a friday night.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    What has become of Zef?

Robert
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Zef was the man, wasn't he moving last we heard from him?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    JUst put the 71 Nicklaus PSA 6 RC in my Graded Card Case, So I am free and clear! ZERO!
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I have the same pile of cards on top of my desk as I did back in April. I also have a few 1982 rack packs I'm trying not to rip. I hope I don't.

brian
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭