Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

I think we should have an unofficial BST moderator

RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
To patrol the TTT abusers and multiple thread abusers.

To call folks out on crummy coins and crummy deals.

To promote freedom, democracy, and the pursuit of happiness and flame wars.

Feel free to nominate your narc of choice.

Comments

• Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    You've got the job. Congratulations.image
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    I nominate HTubbs.

• Options
    I second HTubbs
  • Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Let me at em boys.image
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Well, whoever it is. I think they should get on it image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    come on mark!

already a violation!
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RYK,
    You may be right. We need someone that is firm, yet understanding. A person with Character and beyond reproach. Their judgment must be just and swift! They must ensure that the rules are followed including themselves image Must think......... Whom could carry such a heavy burden???? I haven't a clue image

Stay on top of this guys!!!

Ken
  • Options
    Nocerino18Nocerino18 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Why don't we have an official period of just nominations and then an actual vote. What does everyone think?
    Coin Superstore's Ebay Auctions
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    ---------------------------------------------
    ALWAYS LOOKING TO PURCHASE
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options

<< <i>Why don't we have an official period of just nominations and then an actual vote. What does everyone think? >>

I think it's not up to us, but rather, to PCGS peopleimage
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FLubbs gets my vote. The guy is squeaky clean and always has way cool offerings.......image

If not FLubbs then it must be Saint Dennis. All of the UNSEARCHED coins are way cool.

Ken
  • Options
    I think it's not up to us, but rather, to PCGS people

While I agree with you, Mark, they do not seem to care. Plus, what fun would it be for us if they took over the responsibilty? image
  • Options
    I think it is up to us if it is an "unofficial BST moderator".
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else can have the "unofficial" title....I want the official title so I can edit posts and delete threads...

Make your sigline too huge...
    TTT too many of your own threads on the same day in the BST forum....
    act generally stupid and obnoxious.... image

AND *POOF* imageimageimage

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, can we nuke all the "ebay" threads? I don't have a problem if a seller has a bunch of stuff, and an item or two that haven't sold here are linked to ebay, but a thread should not exist if there is not something for sale, or solicited to buy, HERE.

There really is cool stuff for sale here, but you have to wade through a lot of ebay links to find it.
    mirabela
  • Options
    I personally don't care if someone wants to post something that is listed on ebay but it should clearly state in the front of the title "EBAY".
    Personal Ebay Auctions
    My Website
    TOP 100 MORGANS / HOT 50
    TOP 50 PEACE VAMS
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    "If not FLubbs then it must be Saint Dennis. All of the UNSEARCHED coins are way cool."

I agree with Ken on this one..............Anyone that can put their hands on that many coins, coins that have been around for 70+ years and never been searched has my unofficial vote.

Herb

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>While we're at it, can we nuke all the "ebay" threads? I don't have a problem if a seller has a bunch of stuff, and an item or two that haven't sold here are linked to ebay, but a thread should not exist if there is not something for sale, or solicited to buy, HERE.

There really is cool stuff for sale here, but you have to wade through a lot of ebay links to find it. >>

often, many of us list coins here and they don't move, so then they become ebay offerings.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Dukie101Dukie101 Posts: 1,313
    Great idea to appoint a member/s as a moderator/referee/judge etc.!!! I thought we had already done that when a Official moderator was selected years ago? Just don't see this moderator jumping in to most of the infractions or maybe he is with PM'S?? Maybe he doesn't see them as infractions? Who knows? Anyway I think, RYK,AJIAA,LUCYBOP,RUSS,(not in any special order) would make excellant moderators,either one or all four. As far as changing rules,that's fine as long as they are spelled out. One rule I'd like to see is that no newbie can list items for sell. that's where a lot of problems arise. I think you need to be around here for at least a year before you can sell here.
    Larry
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
    Someone who doesn't actually list coins for sale in the BST forum.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While we're at it, can we nuke all the "ebay" threads? I don't have a problem if a seller has a bunch of stuff, and an item or two that haven't sold here are linked to ebay, but a thread should not exist if there is not something for sale, or solicited to buy, HERE.

There really is cool stuff for sale here, but you have to wade through a lot of ebay links to find it. >>

This is an old topic that's been beaten to death. There's been polls on it, discussion, etc, and the majority does not want to end the eBay postings. You have to realize that like
    it or not, eBay has become a major source of coins for collectors & isn't going anywhere. If you see "eBay" in a thread title then don't click on it. If you open a thread & find there's
    an eBay auction inside, then close it & move on with life.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Would the moderator have the power to make this thread go away because it is OT? image

Oh boy, here it comes........
  • Options
    Someone who doesn't actually list coins for sale in the BST forum.

I rarely, if ever, list coins, and I would gladly surrender the privilige for the power trip of BST moderator. image
  • Options

<< <i> Someone who doesn't actually list coins for sale in the BST forum.

I rarely, if ever, list coins, and I would gladly surrender the privilige for the power trip of BST moderator. image >>

For the power trip of unofficial-I-have-zero-actual-power-other-than-to-whine BST moderator? That would be quite the power trip, eh? image
  • Options
    For the power trip of unofficial-I-have-zero-actual-power-other-than-to-whine BST moderator? That would be quite the power trip, eh?

I lame power trip is still better than no power trip.
  • Options

<< <i>For the power trip of unofficial-I-have-zero-actual-power-other-than-to-whine BST moderator? That would be quite the power trip, eh?

I lame power trip is still better than no power trip. >>

As the Elected Undisputed Dictator of the World on the Open Forum, I hereby appoint you Unofficial BST Moderator with Absolutely no Power. Kneel and be recognized.
  • Options
    As the Elected Undisputed Dictator of the World on the Open Forum, I hereby appoint you Unofficial BST Moderator with Absolutely no Power. Kneel and be recognized.

I am not sure your title (nor authority) is recognized over here. image
  • Options

<< <i>As the Elected Undisputed Dictator of the World on the Open Forum, I hereby appoint you Unofficial BST Moderator with Absolutely no Power. Kneel and be recognized.

I am not sure your title (nor authority) is recognized over here. image >>

Nor will yours be. image (Hence my point)
  • Options
    We will not be adding additional moderators at this time.
    If the offenses are that bad you need to notify an existing moderator.

I by bad I mean truly poor usage of spamming the boards or "ttt"ing the forums.
    I see many people doing this with no recriminations so please be evenhanded your complaints.

Carol
  • Options

<< <i>by bad I mean truly poor usage of spamming the boards or "ttt"ing the forums. I see many people doing this with no recriminations so please be evenhanded your complaints. >>

Carol, only a very small number of posters do that MORE than once per day (and contrary to the request of SM1). Please don't confuse them with the ones who do it once per day and within SM1's guidelines.
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    What is the salary for this narc job?????image does it pay per week or once a month?
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    I think that you losers need to get a life...
  • Options

<< <i>I think that you losers need to get a life... >>

Now there's a good way to approach new clients.
  • Options

Guilty conscience? Nah, I doubt it.
  • Options
    Good grief guys let sleeping dogs lie,this is old junk stop digging everything back up!
  • Options

<< <i>

Now there's a good way to approach new clients. >>

I was not referring to board members in general I was referring to those who seem to have nothing better to do than to harrass board members.
  • Options
    80% of you can't police yourselfs much less this forum!
    Leave it to the keepers.
    Building 33-47 Mint Sets always looking for MS67s PM with any coins you might have for sale.

Mike
    idocoins
  • Options
    I think that you losers need to get a life...

If you are referring to me...

1. You continue to violate the rules of the forum that you claim you do not. We all know that.

2. You are selling that piece of crap coin in your sig line (another violation, BTW image ) and are calling me a loser? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. image
  • Options

<< <i> I think that you losers need to get a life...

If you are referring to me...

1. You continue to violate the rules of the forum that you claim you do not. We all know that.

2. You are selling that piece of crap coin in your sig line (another violation, BTW image ) and are calling me a loser? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. image >>

I never mentioned any names,but are you implying that you are a loser and harass board members?image
  • Options
    Hey Tubbs

Signature picture size is suppose to be something like 200 x 400 not 380 x 386. Now for a guy that gets on forumn members cases I really think you should clean your act up and then maybe you would have a leg to stand on. Untill then just keep FLubbing things up.

• Options
    and were does it say this?
  • Options
  • Options
    Once again, there are rules....Tubbs doesn't care and does what he wants anyway.

Even if there weren't rules, the sig pic size is rude and obnoxious, but, Tubbs treats this board as if it were his to do with as he pleases even though it breaks rules.

Tubbs, why can't you just be someone who actually tries to play well with others and is actually considerate?

You told me you were " a dealer". Don't you think a dealer should have enough brains to try to not offend potential customers and to actually try to bring in more business?

You seem to be in the middle of more than a few BST controversies.....wasn't there one last year that got a tad out of hand? Now, you just go offending a lot of people on the BST......

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    see now was that so hard to point out,if you guys bothered to politely point out the rules,more people might comply with them.I will ask her if I need to reduce my image.I've had larger pictures up before and none complained and Carol did not contact me.
  • Options
    Bochiman,

I agree. And to say nothing of ethics. image
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I vote for RYK to be the official moderator. image

David
  • Options

<< <i>Bochiman,

I agree. And to say nothing of ethics. image >>

Damn you're good! I remember that thread but didn't remember enough to search.
    Btw....according to tubbs, you're one of my "cronies" image
    Can I be YOUR crony instead? I've always wanted to be a crony!!!!

• Options
    Btw....according to tubbs, you're one of my "cronies"
    Can I be YOUR crony instead? I've always wanted to be a crony!!!!

Let's just say we are homeboys. image

(homeboy

n 1: a fellow male member of a youth gang )
  • Options

<< <i>see now was that so hard to point out,if you guys bothered to politely point out the rules,more people might comply with them.I will ask her if I need to reduce my image.I've had larger pictures up before and none complained and Carol did not contact me. >>

Pictures in your signature line or in the main body of the thread ? Two different things. Main Body = No Problem. Sig Line= keep it under control.

• Options
    I vote for RYK to be the official moderator.

Thanks, but no thanks. I would prefer for there to be an unofficial moderator, which would be in keeping with the Wild West tendencies displayed here. It should be someone who does not use the BST for personal gain.
  • Options
    ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315
    <<You told me you were " a dealer". Don't you think a dealer should have enough brains to try to not offend potential customers and to actually try to bring in more business?

Bochiman,

I agree. And to say nothing of ethics.>>

Datz exactly why I won't buy from this seller.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage