Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Wanted: Some poly bags

I'm going to be doing my first submission to NCS/NGC and I prefer to avoid just throwing the coins directly into plastic flips prior to putting them into poly bags. I need only a handful (at least 12), but would be willing to purchase a small lot of them. Anyone have some they can part with "on the cheap"?

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS says DON'T use Polybags as they cause haze to form on the coins.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I stopped using polybags eons ago. They are tough to find, on a consistent basis, and aren't really necessary for the submission.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    PrethenPrethen Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭
    Mead (mtnman) was nice enough to offer to send me some (along with Blackhawk, but I declined since I was already getting some). After all the board members have sent me a warning to not do it (although to NCS might be okay), I will likely just set these aside for circulated coins that I send in the future. I appreciate the red flag and I appreciate the support of those that have offered to send some.
  • Options
    www.associatedbag.com (if I spelled that correctly). You can get 1000 for like 90 cents. I use them. I agree that when sending a bunch of coins that they could easily bang together in those flimsy flips. THe bag is another layer. Actually, I store tons of my coins in polybags. I've never had a problem.
  • Options
    Polybags can be made with PVC or polypropylene. PVC is what damages coins and other collectables such as stamps. There are polypropylene bags made that Do Not contain PVC that are safe for both applications.
    By the way some coin flips also contain PVC, always ask. I found out the hard way. The more flexible the coin flip the more PVC. You will find the good flips feel like semi hard plastic.

Ultra Pro makes a sleeve for trading cards that contain no PVC. They work fine for coins as well.

Don