Home Sports Talk
Options

Palmeiro will get his chance to get his 3,000th hit this weekend against the Mariners.

Too bad it would have to be against one of the most undistinguished and forgetable franchises in baseball.

First, the team is horrible this year (again), and second, no one will know about it because the games will end by the time most of America is asleep. The same thing happened to the wonderful Ichiro Suzuki last year when he set the record for hits in a season. Anyway, most of America will be happy the morning after it potentially happens. I know for one that I will stay awake for the news.

Just a note as to how much Palmeiro loves the Mariners:

He has a career .288 average (224 of 779) against Seattle (going back to the Kingdome),
Nearly a quarter of his hits, 22.8 percent, have been home runs.
His 51 homers are the most by a Seattle opponent, and Palmeiro has hit more against the Mariners than against any other club. Even other players who have played as long as him have not been able to do this.

Go Raffy!!

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he can wait until at least tomorrow. Since it's the weekend more people might be awake, of course they'll probably not be at home watching baseball, but oh well.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Raffy ... is he STILL around?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Too bad it would have to be against one of the most undistinguished and forgetable franchises in baseball.

First, the team is horrible this year (again), and second, no one will know about it because the games will end by the time most of America is asleep. The same thing happened to the wonderful Ichiro Suzuki last year when he set the record for hits in a season. Anyway, most of America will be happy the morning after it potentially happens. I know for one that I will stay awake for the news.

>>

Shall we talk forgettable? Or miserable?

Shall we talk about a team that tries to blame a fan (Steve Bartman) for them losing a game, let alone a series? What about a team that blames a goat for their failure after failure to be successful?

The Cubs haven't really been the picture of success the past few years, either.

Just admit you are too OLD to stay awake past 7pm, and that's why you can't stand to be awake for the west coast games, and you'll be a lot happier, instead of being this crotchety old man whining that Raffy is some all-time great player who is going to get robbed by possibly getting his 3000th hit in Seattle.

Better yet, just go away.