Home Sports Talk

Melky Cabrera

This kid is 20 years old and has power

.image

Melky Cabrera

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

Hey Axtey, I guess the Yankees done dug up one more from a non-existent farm system. .
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey Axtey, I guess the Yankees done dug up one more from a non-existent farm system. . >>

And what has he done in the majors? Just because they were desperate enough to bring him in, doesn't mean the farm system isn't depleted.

You think its coincidence that the yankees aren't making any trades? Think it just might possibly because they have nothing and no one left to deal?

You can't burn through your entire farm system, dealing every worthy prospect with the idea of 'winning now' and not pay for it in the future. The future is now.

It's not just me that feels the yankee farm system is depleted.

Wang and Cano have done extremely well. If Cabrera pans out they will have a good mixture of young and veteran talent.
    Wang:

6-3, 3.89 ERA (wow, nearly 4...guess that's par for the course in yankee land).

83 innings and 79 hits, 40 runs and 7 bombs against him. Nearly as many walks as K's (22 vs. 31).

Cano:

.280, nearly 3 times as many strikeouts as walks (20 vs. 8) (just 8 walks in 214 ABs?), .307 OBP.

These are 'extremely well' years? I guess when your team is underperforming as much as the yankees are, you will look at average numbers and try to gleam out more than is there.

For Rookie numbers they are great in pressure cooked Big Apple. Next.....

<< <i>For Rookie numbers they are great in pressure cooked Big Apple. Next..... >>

Now come the qualifiers.

Talk about sad.

What next? They slump in August you'll be saying 'well it gets really hot in NY in august. Those numbers are great for how hot it gets.

It's quite himorous how you failed to mention Cano's 6 Homers, 28 RBI, and lengthy hitting streak.

And as far as Wang I would take a 3.89 team ERA any day of the year on this strong Yankee hitting team. In fact except the weakest hitting team in the majors I am sure 99% of the tams would too. I hope the Yankees are not stupid enough to trade these talented youngsters.
    You mention his power numbers (6 homers) like he should be regarded as a power hitter.

Cano grounds into a double play today in the ninth that could have won the game had he gotten a hit.

I suspect we won't see spammy here tonight (thankfully).

Please follow the rules. LOL
  • Hey, how come we haven't heard about your precious Tino Martinez lately?
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Tino still great. Fighting an anke injury.
    Jersey, a thread especially for Met fans ==> Subway Series Redux

<< <i>Hey, how come we haven't heard about your precious Tino Martinez lately? >>

You will only see spammy on the bandwagon of whatever yankee is doing well.

Now it's Cano....next week it'll be someone different.

• Farm system

Jon Pappelbon
    Hanley Ramirez
    kelly Shoppach
    Dustin Pedroria
    Craig Hansen (as soon as he signs)

plus more and more that i wont even mention since Gemmy wont have a clue

The Sox are ready for the "NOW" and the "FUTURE"

Ill take Hanley over Cano any day of the week and twice on Game Days
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Have they started the "Got Melky" campaign yet?

cubfan, good one.
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i> This kid is 20 years old and has power >>

????? In over a thousand minor league at bats he has 13 home runs, where is the power?
    Not to mention - did you see him make that awful play on a fly ball hit right to him in yesterday's game? He chased the ball down, and then threw it in to the infield, to no one in particular. Even Yankee sycophant extraordinare Michael Kay said he looked lost out there.

But, he's got power! image

Of course I can understand why you would want to waste your time watching a Yankee game after the Sox lost.
    I hardly was watching the whole game, by the way...I was at a Best Buy looking at a new TV, and they had the Yankee game on (the Sox game was already over, and it was the only game being played in our area at the time). Just so happens I caught the new "sensation" during the aforementioned play.
    LOL

Whack!!!! Melky says "Please hit me, may I have another?"

It looks like old Melky has to hone his fielding skills.

<< <i>Whack!!!! Melky says "Please hit me, may I have another?"

It looks like old Melky has to hone his fielding skills. >>

It looks like spammy will be honing his hide-under-the-bed-as-the-yankees-get-blasted skills.

Just admit it...you love replying to my multi-posts.

<< <i>Just admit it...you love replying to my multi-posts. >>

I love it in that the more you post, the more you affirm my view that you are a spamster who has no real thought processes in his head other than 'yankees roool!!11!!'

<< <i>Whack!!!! Melky says "Please hit me, may I have another?"

It looks like old Melky has to hone his fielding skills. >>

Wow - I was going to bump this thread up also - I would say CF remains a big problem in the Bronx! image
  • << This kid is 20 years old and has power >> he stinks and the yankees are pathetic... 17-1 nothing like taking the day off. picked leiter off the scrap heap....good fit for the yankees another 40 year old pitcher.....is jeff fasero still out there???

<< <i>he stinks and the yankees are pathetic >>

Yes, but that's what you get when you skimp on payroll and don't sign any big-dollar free agent pitchers.

Ah, wait a minute....nevermind!