Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Got my 2005 mint sets today

BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
I ordered five sets this year, four for Christmas gifts, one for me. I opened one set and was surprised at the quality this year.
US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.

Comments

• Options
    You might want to open the others. Out of the five sets I got, one case had deep scratches in the plastic, and one case had a very long crack.

The coins were nice - but two sets went back in the mail the same day I got them.

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    I need to order a few sets. Maybe they will sell out early like last year.
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    Received my three sets today too. image
  • Options
    I got my mint set today as well. After the excellent reviews by everyone here, I was not blown away by the quality and did not notice the matte finish that I have on the 94 and 97 jeffersons. Also, my Denver Sac has weird spotting, brownish coloured, that looks like a bad rinse job reminiscent of 2000. Actually, overall the Denver coins were significantly worse, by 4-5 grade points, than the Philly coins.
  • Options
    Oops - I was talking about silver proof sets - didn't read closely enough. image

My mint sets are all great.
  • Options
    richrich Posts: 364
    Got my 3 sets today. 2 are going backimage.I kept the best out out of 3.The quarters weren't too bad ,but the jeff's are badly scratched as well as the sacs ."Satin Finish"? barely noticable.I understand that the machine that seals them are causing the damageimage

1997 Matte Nickel strike thru U
    "Error Collector- I Love Dem Crazy Coins"
    "Money, what is money? It is loaned to a man; he comes into the world with nothing and he leaves with nothing." Billy Durant. Founder of General Motors. He died a pauper.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file