Home Sports Talk

any of you know any sure fire way to break a glove in Quickly?

goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
our 7yr old boy is going to be on the summer all star team and he was using a 10" glove which appeared to be hindering his catching. I picked him up a nice 11" one that is already softer than his 10" one even though it is brand new.

Comments

• CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I always put a ball in it tied it up and stuck it under the mattress.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I recall a friend of mine saying he'd tie a ball in his nice and tight and then soak it underwater overnite and then let it dry out.

don't know if I want to try that!
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'd soak it in water. Maybe give it a good spray of leather conditioner.
  • There is a glove breaking foam out there that you spray on your glove and then put in the oven. It sounds crazy, but it broke my daughters glove in 10 times as fast as the water method used to do for mine. I think I got it at Dicks Sports or someplace like that.
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

WWMD...pee on it
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    the oven thingy works from what i hear, I however have used mink oil.

underwater? no way

pee on it? possibly but it has to be the first pee of the day and mid stream. hotgloveoventhingy
    Good for you.
  • PeetiePeetie Posts: 627 ✭✭

<< <i>the oven thingy works from what i hear, I however have used mink oil.

underwater? no way

pee on it? possibly but it has to be the first pee of the day and mid stream. hotgloveoventhingy >>

Yep, this is the stuff. Works really well. But we had to do it about three times to get it fully worked in. There is enough in this can for four or five treatments.
    you know, I saw that stuff and immediately thought "What a load of crap".

LOL

I'll grab it later this evening possibly.

thanks all.
  • That is the exact can of stuff that I used. Must be only one producer of that.
    ok, bought the hot glove stuff and will try to make time to use it tonite.

I'll report back in with a product review.image
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Credit must be given to Kevin aka onlychild for this info which i shared, seems his son is a 3rd sacker and the hot glove works well for those that play the hot corner.

I however will still use mink oil......
    Good for you.