Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What happens to a PSA card when Shaderise buys it from you?

He bought a 55 topps PSA 4 Jackie Robinson. Will it end up in a better holder? I think he just might sell it for more. ARGGGHH!!!

Comments

• ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Interesting - I wasn't aware he was into this game as well. I have bought cards from him with no incident, but never noticed what he was actually buying.

You have to think, however, that a lot of guys who have the free time to do so, play the crack and resubmit game. Mostly to companies like GAI or the PRO/GEM's of the world, in search of the precious half or full grade bump. Of course, a PSA 4 could very well be a PRO 9 or 10...
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Mostly to companies like GAI

I've only seen psa graded and raw cards in his auctions. It looks like he's buying a lot of raw cards off ebay, with the occasional mid-grade graded card. I assume the OP is referring to the id shrek_like.
  • Very good question Ripublican. I'm curious also.

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭
    OK guys, this stuff is getting out of control. The nomar stuff is one thing, but this is ridiculous.

What exactly has shaderise done wrong (other than the obvious mortal sin of purchasing a 1955 Topps PSA 4 Jackie Robinson - I'm sure he'll lose his Power Seller status for that one)?

Here are the facts. The man has 5908 positives and 1 negative. FIVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHT POSITIVES!!!

Based on what ebay currently shows, he has auctioned off or is in the process of auctioning off 136 PSA graded cards and a combined total of, hang on while I add it up, ONE card graded by SGC, GAI, or BVG, that card being a 1999 Donruss Nolan Ryan something or other.

Let's get our facts straight before we even start hinting that someone is doing something unethical. I just don't get it. STOP IT.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a card from Shaderie a long time back and the process went great.

mike
    Mike
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I too have bought from larry on numerous occasions and have always been happy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Can someone give a little background on this story? How did this person get this kind of rep?

Stingray
    what person? shaderise? if that is what you mean.........re read Teds post. he auctioned a card and a dealer bought it. ted made no mention that it would be altered etc. only that shaderise may list it himself and get more for it. he could actually get less but that is not what seems to be the thinking here.

Steve

PS anyone notice that NEDSK is getting pos feedback up the yin yang?
    Good for you.

<< <i>OK guys, this stuff is getting out of control. The nomar stuff is one thing, but this is ridiculous. >>

Detroitfan, no one is saying anything definitively here - but if you think this sort of thing doesn't go on, you need to open your eyes. It is quite possible that he just bought a 55 Robinson card for no special reason. But, when big dealers (with 5908 positives as you point out) buy low grade cards on Ebay (usually under different ID's than they sell with), it's worth taking note of.

I mentioned that I have bought cards (PSA graded) from him before, and with no problem.
    OK, maybe it's my bad, as I didn't know he had a different id which he buys with (how do we know that, though)?

I guess I'm still curious though, what's the point of this post then, if it's not to cast doubt on a seller?

I've bought several cards from him, and I've been very pleased.

• << <i>Here are the facts. The man has 5908 positives and 1 negative. FIVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHT POSITIVES!!! >>

Very impressive. Click here to view another outstanding feedback profile.
    what exactly are you implying?
    Good for you.
    >>Very impressive. Click here to view another outstanding feedback profile.

Ohhhh, nooooowwwwww I get it. Shaderise is buying lower-graded PSA cards, breaking them out of their PSA 4 holders, and placing them in his own endless supply of PSA holders with a PSA 8 label from the same card.

Dang, I'm such an IDIOT. Why couldn't I figure this out? Nice job guys!

From now on, I'm going to clear all sellers with 6000 positives with kuntryboy and his 57 posts (plus all those other ones he had prior to getting kicked off as "thetruthshallbetold") before I buy anything.

• << <i>what exactly are you implying? >>

Steve D

All I'm saying is that a feedback profile doesn't always tell the whole story.

Edited to add: I should also note that detroitfan2 appears rather naive and very confused.

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    well Geez I was out and cause quite a distubance! Let's keep an eye out if this Jckie appears in another auction/holder. The most they sell for is about 100-125 so maybe it is for his personal collection. I was going to leave feedback "thanks shaderise", but thpught he might neg me for that one. I have bought many cards from him and I am very curious why he bought this one. I am not accusing him of anything. However, I had the buyer synergy3.14 by a low graded PSA card from me, what is his seller's name?? I foget now, but I think we all mutually hate him!
  • I purchased a raw 1953 Topps Pee Wee Reese from him last year and was very pleased. He listed the card as NM+ and I ended up getting it graded at last years National and it came back a PSA 8.
  • jrdolanjrdolan Posts: 2,549 ✭✭
    I bought an Elway rookie from shaderise on June 15, paid the same day with PayPal, and I'm still waiting. I hope and trust his feedback score is well-deserved.
    I remember in the transactions I've done with him, the shipping was a bit slow. But, I am sure you'll get your card...
    JR you have nothing to worry about, Larry is a good guy.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    This thread probably introduces my biggest pet peeve about buying cards off of eBay...Slow shipping...What do you guys feel is an appropriate timeframe to ship cards out? From the previous post, 15 days is waaaayyyy too long I feel, especially if you paid the same day using PayPal...When I sell cards, I start feeling badly if I don't ship a card in 1-2 days after payment, while others take weeks to ship cards, just doesn't seem right. If you're taking the time to put an auction up on eBay, you can take the time to ship the card(s) in a timely manner, also...

Mark
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    I have both bought and sold with Larry and everything always goes smoothly.

Mike

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Slow shipping?! My shipping is above average at worst. Wow… you guys sure know how to make a guy look bad :-

I assure you there is nothing-peculiar or unordinary going on with Shaderise. I do not like having to defend myself (my eBay feedback should suffice), but I don’t want PSA members getting the wrong idea about my auctions.

I don’t know why so many of you are astonished that an eBay seller would buy cards as well sell them. I have some cards graded, sell some cards, and collect. I always figured most of the people on eBay selling cards did the same thing.

<-Jrdolan->

I am currently looking into the shipping on your item and will respond to the email you sent me shortly.

Larry
    OMG OMG OMG! It really show something when a great ebayer comes over to the boards! KUDOS!!

Card shipped this AM! Thanks Larry.
  • JrMacdaddyJrMacdaddy Posts: 506 ✭✭
    I guess I don't understand what the purpose of this thread is.
    A+B= C your way out of it
  • lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
    I have also bought cards from Larry and was absolutely satisfied.
    Larry / Shaderise: I stopped worrying even before your post, when guys I respect here said you might be slow but you were cool. As for the stuff some people were hinting at above, I have no clue what that's about and I was by no means associating with those thoughts. I got your message on my cell phone and I have no doubt you will take care of whatever the problem is with my order.
  • pointless thread. essentially perfect seller, and there is nothing wrong with resubmitting cards after cracking them out of the holder. I've cracked and resubmitted a handful myself and have done pretty good. nothing wrong with that! WTF?!

GG
    <<Ohhhh, nooooowwwwww I get it. Shaderise is buying lower-graded PSA cards, breaking them out of their PSA 4 holders, and placing them in his own endless supply of PSA holders with a PSA 8 label from the same card.

Dang, I'm such an IDIOT. Why couldn't I figure this out? Nice job guys!

From now on, I'm going to clear all sellers with 6000 positives with kuntryboy and his 57 posts (plus all those other ones he had prior to getting kicked off as "thetruthshallbetold") before I buy anything.>>

I just want to be clear that I was being VERY sarcastic in the above posting, which was in response to kuntryboy's post comparing shaderise to WIWAG. I was the first one to come to shaderise's defense and agree 100% with goudeygold's previous post. I have bought several cards from shaderise and will continue to do so.

• << <i>Here are the facts. The man has 5908 positives and 1 negative. FIVE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND EIGHT POSITIVES!!!

Let's get our facts straight before we even start hinting that someone is doing something unethical. I just don't get it. STOP IT. >>

Well, detroitfan2, you're right about one thing -- you just don't get it.

Have you seen this auction?
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    Innuendo rules.

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • For whatever its worth...I remember buying a raw 71 Rose from this ebayer about two years ago advertised as NM/Mt.Sent it in to Psa and came back recolored.I have since learned how to use a blacklight to detect this. We all know that recoloring happens quite frequently with 71 baseball and im not saying the seller did it but I realized after the fact that the seller sells a whole bunch of graded cards in various holders. There is no rule about selling graded and also selling raw on ebay but I WOKE UP about two years ago. IF IT WAS SUCH A NM/MT CARD...THEN WHY DOESNT THE SELLER HAVE IT GRADED?
    Because he wants the buyer to get it graded and make a ton of $$$$. NO! How about the seller either already tried to have it graded and it wouldnt or the seller knows of a paticular cards defect.Bingo!
    I want to add that there are some terrific dealers on ebay and some good deals when you learn how to find them.This seller may well be one of those dealers but that was my first and last experience with him.

Its the same at all the shows as well. Someone mentioned the cat is out of the bag with NM/MT stuff and it really is.Most of the stuff is gone the day before the show opens to the public and the scraps get thrown out for NM/MT prices.Or those shady looking characters towing the rolling suitcase full of C-notes randomly buying all kind of crap.Come on ..you know the guys Im talking about.Ever wonder what they are up to?
    If you grade cards then sell graded cards and dump your rejects for a price that fits accordingly(Because not everybody collects high grade cards) and someone will enjoy them.But call it and price it for what it is.
    Nice auction for the Jordan in a GEM holder. Gimmie a break.Why doesnt he crack it and send it to PSA?
    We all know why. Oh but hes a fantastic seller! Sorry for the long read.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

You guys crack me up. Thanks for my monday night entertainmentimage
  • SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I'm tempted to buy the SP Jeter he's selling just so I can see what a Gem 8 looks like. I've never seen a modern Gem 8 before. That's a one of a kind deal, right there. I just can't imagine what it would take for them to knock a card down that much. You think maybe it was recolored with the wrong colors???
    This guy is buying lower grade PSA and sending them to GEM for higher grades? Hopefully people will catch on an realize that certain grading companies are not worth there weight in plastic. It would be nice if people who buy off Ebay would read up a little bit about graded cards to know who is who in grading, then maybe no one would bid on his auctions and this type of practice would stop. All of us on the boards can not be patrolling 24/7 and letting buyer know that this might be a scam. It is nice, but an impossible task.

Stingray
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    oops!

All apologies lads.

Loves me some shiny!
    I'm not going to open my pie-hole about Shaderise or any particular seller, but I would comment that it makes no sense to crack a PSA holder and send the card to GEM or PRO in hopes of a higher grade. Putting it in a PRO or GEM holder is the same as labeling it "Trimmed" or "Counterfeit" -- whether it is or not. Whatever the PSA grade was, it's a downgrade to shift it to one of those holders.

I can sorta understand why someone would submit to those sleazy outfits if he learns he's bought a trimmed card and no one else will slab it. But breaking it out of a PSA holder to bump a couple grades? It just boggles the mind.
    Carew4me,

I am not going to sit here and start taking shots at you, this is not the place. I was just asking if this is what he was trying to do. Why to you feel to have to start taking digs. You do it in the OF and do nothing but cause problems. Lighten up Francis.

Stingray
  • larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    I gotta back Sting here. It seems a tad harsh Carew. Maybe your mom never taught you, "if you don't have anything nice to say...." We are friends here. peace
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you dont have a clue what is going on then keep your pie hole shut >>

Carew4

Sting's a good guy and deserves better.

If one wants their opinions respected, one has to give respect.

mike
    Mike
    Thanks, he is mad I guess, getting the open forum members going again.

Stingray
    Kirk to answer your question regarding larry (shaderise) buying low grade psa and bumping with gem. In the case in which you site (the jordan rookie) I would think that he got it in a trade or bought it already graded. He does sell Psa graded cards and raw cards as well.

he is a decent dealer as i have purchased from him around 10x and have never have had a problem.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I guess I am the sucker who bought his 1955 PSA 4 Jackie card. I paid around $96 for the card and I am still waiting for the card. I will let you guys know when the card is received and how it looks. Also, purhcased a raw 1963 Mantle Bombers card as well.

Lou
    Working on the following raw centered EX+ to EX/MT sets:
    1955 Topps Set - 92% Complete
    1956 Topps Set - 100% Complete
    Why are you calling yourself a sucker? You paid what you felt was a fair price. Where and how Larry got the card should not matter. I must be missing somthing here. Larry ships promptly. I have never had a problem.

Steve
    Good for you.
    psarosefan,

Two PSA 5 JRobby's went recently for $159 and $138. You are not a sucker. I just found the auction you won, you got a nicely centered card for a nice price.

That's the problem with these types of threads: They lead people to believe there are problems where there are none.
  • Just got the cards today in the mail. The Jackie looks nice and is centered. The card does have corner wear, but is crease free. The 1963 Mantle Bombers card was listed as EX, the card would grade a psa 6, ex-mt. Great card and fast shipping. I will buy from Shaderise in the future. I hope this puts this thread to rest.

Thank You Shaderise, Lou
    Working on the following raw centered EX+ to EX/MT sets:
    1955 Topps Set - 92% Complete
    1956 Topps Set - 100% Complete

not a bad mantle ...thanks shaderise...I was happy with my dealings with larry..
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • That's the problem with these types of threads: They lead people to believe there are problems where there are none

I agree with you totally Detroitfan. Too many of these threads get started with someones opinion being interpreted as fact. Suddenly someone has to come on these boards and defend themselves against opinions and falsehoods.
    Unfortunately this type of thread (along with the stupid auction thread, did I get a good deal thread, what a fool thread, etc.) have grown like weeds on this board lately. Hopefully we can get away from these type of threads and back to just the cards.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
    Frank I have come to the conclusion that just about everything said here is opinion and hardly ever fact.

JMHO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Interesting question, RiM.

I sold Card A (pictured below) to a buddy a couple of years ago when I upgraded to an 8 (a purchase that was quite the fiasco in and of itself). According to my friend, he later sold the card to a friend who cracked it out, tried and failed to remove the stain, and then sold it to the current owner.

Fast forward to this morning: I get an e-mail from my friend asking me if I still had a scan of Card A so that it could be compared to Card B (also pictured below), which is now running on eBay. I no longer had the scan of A - my buddy was able to get it from the friend to whom he sold the card - but told my friend that the big honkin' stain to the left the Rocket made me almost certain the card was the same one I sold him.

I suppose that's not incontrovertible proof of any shade-y dealings, but it is a little disconcerting to see what I'm virtually certain is the same card I once owned as a PSA 6 now residing in a PSA 8 holder. If nothing else, I can't see how this card avoided an ST because of the "ghost puck," which is always how the stain looked to me.

Moral of the story: I'm very glad to be out of the high-grade vintage card market.

Card A

Card B
    imageimageimageimageimageimage