Home Sports Talk
Options

Cubs fan + hope =

disappointment? But, I'm feeling OK tonight. Prior came back with a roar today, the pen held a lead, and the Cubs take 2 or 3 from the hottest team in baseball. Wood comes back this week, D. Lee is holding steady at .390, and the Cubs are only 2 1/2 out of a playoff spot. Woo hoo!!
"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Comments

• Options
    There's no way the wild card is coming from the west this year, but the east is loaded. I'd predict the top two east teams will end up around .590 and .565 respectively (Braves/Fish). I don't see the Cubs playing much over .500 ball, but you never know...

Brian
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how fast Prior was able to come back and look that good. If Wood can come back and look good (because he didn't before he got hurt) the Cubs will have to be taken very seriously. The East may have better teams but they have the disadvantage of having to beat each other up, where the Cubs get to play the Brewers, Pirates, Reds and Astros.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I just hope that if Prior stays steady and Woody comes back, that Zambrano will start pitching again. I think he does a lot better as the 3 than as the ace.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I just have no confidence that the Cubs will get more than a couple of weeks out of Wood before he goes down again. Sure would be nice if they still had Clement and his current record.
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    I'd still give Prior and Wood for one decent middle reliever.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old Style + seat in the outfield bleechers + more Old Style = alot of fun, win or loose or for the serious...we was robbed and wait 'til next yearimage

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no better place than Wrigley Field to see Baseball...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

<< <i>There's no way the wild card is coming from the west this year, but the east is loaded. I'd predict the top two east teams will end up around .590 and .565 respectively (Braves/Fish). I don't see the Cubs playing much over .500 ball, but you never know...

Brian >>

Braves/Fish?????? What about the Nats!!!
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell