• Options
    His kid/dog bid it....

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    Ye of little faith!! He has a 71% rating!! image
  • Options
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>put him on my blocked bidders' list, and ebay still let him bid on my coin. >>

eBay does not "let" people bid if they are on the blocked bidder's list. If he was able to bid, he isn't on your list.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Looks like you have a 5/7 chance of seeing your money...
  • Options
    I think you should be worried about this one. He has the same number of non paying bidder negs as you.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

1890-O MS66 Morgans have a Grey Sheet Bid of $7,100. MS65 Bid is $1,125. This coin sold for $599. Seller is worried he won't get paid, which is a legitimate concern given the winning bidder's track record. Seller's concern indicates he's happy with the sales price, which make me wonder: why?
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    XpipedreamRXpipedreamR Posts: 8,059 ✭✭
    Boy, you've got the hype going on that auction! Is it really that nice? It seems really cheap for an 1890-O in MS66 image
  • Options

<< <i><< I think you should be worried about this one. He has the same number of non paying bidder negs as you.

Russ, NCNE >>

Hmmmm ... kind of an a$$401e, aren't you. >>

I was just noting the obvious.

<< <i>I recall most of this thread advising me not to pay for that coin hoard because the listing fraudlulently stated that the coins were "unsearched" unsearched. >>

I was not one of those who advised you to reneg on a deal you willingly entered.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    More importantly, why sell NTC crappola. image If it was all there why not cross over to our hosts plastic? image

Sellers non-paying HISTORY
  • Options
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1890-O MS66 Morgans have a Grey Sheet Bid of $7,100. MS65 Bid is $1,125. This coin sold for $599. Seller is worried he won't get paid, which is a legitimate concern given the winning bidder's track record. Seller's concern indicates he's happy with the sales price, which make me wonder: why? >>

Why?

This episode of Sesame Street was brought to you by the letters N, T, and C.
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>"Willing entered" no. There was no meeting of the minds on that one. An agreement to purchase based upon a fraudulent description is voidable at the will of the buyer. >>

And you know it was a fraudulent description how? You never saw the coins. Sorry, you can't use that argument unless you've physically viewed the merchandise. Gold star for effort, though.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i><< Sorry, you can't use that argument unless you've physically viewed the merchandise. Russ, NCNE >>

So you just make up the law as you go along now? Must have obtained your law degree online. Nice try :-) >>

I hope you realize that any thinking person reading your lame argument that you can breach a deal based on "fraudulent description" when you didn't even view the product is having a good laugh at your expense. You're the one fabricating a nonsensical and indefensible legal position in a failed attempt to justify your actions.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    Man, I love this place too image
  • Options
    ChannelIslands,

Are you really an idiot? Or just play one on an internet forum?

BTW, you still have just as many non payer negs as the bidder you're worried about. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue as I see it is the description of this coin. Since you posted the link then there should be nothing not to be proud about here.

1890 O MORGAN SILVER DOLLAR - NTC MS66 - WITH PROOF LIKE FINISH!!!!

AWSOME MORGAN!!!!!

ULTRA CHOICE HIGH GRADE!!!

RARE INVESTMENT COIN!

NICE HIGH GRADE - SELLING WITH NO RESERVE! PLEASE SEE PICTURE FOR DETAILS. THE PICTURES ARE NOT ALTERED - ACTUAL COIN SHOWN WITH NO PHOTOGRAPHIC MANIPULATION.

SHIPPING IS INCLUDED!!!

I can go into my usual comments ebay puffery and hype, but I've covered that enough for one week. Funny thing about stones on the forum, if you want to throw 'em you have to expect some return volleys. Hey, where'd that link go???

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    Wussbag! Here's the link to the auction: link
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The truth hurts, doesn't it, CI?image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops. There goes the title to the thread.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    Another weenie bites the dust.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That one turned quickly. I did not have a chance to comment on the deplorable "Rare Investment Coin" description when the discussion was already over.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ:

Thanks for the quotes from other posts. It helps those of us who come late to the party understand what's going on.

By the way, I don't think you are an A$$4o1e... You're probably just a simple A$$.... image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    But at least he left to do something useful like play golf. With MS65's over $1000 (and 64's at $250) you can bet that if he gets the $500+ it sold for, he got a great price. Passing this mistake on to someone else in probably a similar manner CI bought it, isn't exactly ethical behavior....though there is always a slim chance that the coin in hand is a $1000 MS65 and buyer is getting a deal. Not likely but possible. One would have to see the coin.

roadrunner
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    So many edits, they all must have been lies.image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options

<< <i>You're probably just a simple A$$.... >>

Have you been talking to my ex-wife?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    dthigpendthigpen Posts: 3,932 ✭✭
  • Options

<< <i> WITH PROOF LIKE FINISH!!!!

AWSOME MORGAN!!!!!

ULTRA CHOICE HIGH GRADE!!!

RARE INVESTMENT COIN!

>>

Looks like it was hyped just a WEE bit much for the third world slab.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    "RARE INVESTMENT COIN!"

I wonder what the SEC would say about THAT claim - hey where's the prospectus! imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    All he did was copy the description from the guy he bought it from.

link
  • Options

<< <i>All he did was copy the description from the guy he bought it from.

link >>

And then flip it for a tidy 60% profit. The pleadings of "I didn't know any better" are ringing a bit hollow.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>All he did was copy the description from the guy he bought it from.

link >>

Complete with misspelling image
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << All he did was copy the description from the guy he bought it from.

link >>

And then flip it for a tidy 60% profit. The pleadings of "I didn't know any better" are ringing a bit hollow.

Russ, NCNE

He does not need my advice. I need HIS advice.
  • Options
    Nice detective work Tonelover. Rather than just taking some lumps CI used some initiative to squeak out a tidy profit.....if he gets paid.

He's no wannabe!!!! image............definitely a "do-bee."

roadrunner
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    All I have to say is "Wow!". A NPB on a $16,000 auction. I remember when you bought that. You came here bragging about it. You should do your homework first before bidding on such items.
  • Options
    Can someone fill me in. He edited everything with periods. Mustve done something relly dumb.image
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

<< <i>All I have to say is "Wow!". A NPB on a $16,000 auction. I remember when you bought that. You came here bragging about it. You should do your homework first before bidding on such items. >>

Why? Based on his other auction it seems he could flip it for $25,600 image
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    clw54clw54 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>All I have to say is "Wow!". A NPB on a $16,000 auction. I remember when you bought that. You came here bragging about it. You should do your homework first before bidding on such items. >>

Why? Based on his other auction it seems he could flip it for $25,600 image >>

Stuff like this makes it worthwhile spending so much time here. image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Why? Based on his other auction it seems he could flip it for $25,600 image >>

Well then, I stand corrected. imageimageimage
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how much info you can extrapolate from "half" a thread! image
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    cool thread

can only guess what I missed before the edits

what is this coin worth in MS63 or MS64 ??
  • Options

<< <i>
    what is this coin worth in MS63 or MS64 ?? >>

Try AU-58. $25.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file