Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do any of you have coin related tattoos?

Just checking. I have some tattoos, but not of coins........though I have been thinking of using a design from a coin incorporated into my next tattoo. Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    OldnewbieOldnewbie Posts: 1,425 ✭✭
    I'll jump in here and say that I have a few tattoos. I've never thought about a coin design. Something with a pissed off Liberty might go well with my HD tats.image
  • Options
    Maybe the obverse of the Saint-Gaudens $20 modified a bit.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with a big PCGS logo on your forehead! I'll bet you get some grading fee discounts for that. image

As for me, I'm too big a whimp. No tattoos...no piercings. Just an apendectomy scar to prove I lived. image
    Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    one older nurse tells the young attractive candystriper not to worry about the ink on mr. kuklinskys
    `johnson` as its only a tattoo with the word `sous`on it.
    an hour goes by and the young lass goes back to the nurse and says` that didnt say `sous` at all.
    it says `supercalifragilisticexpealidosous`......image
  • Options
    You know, I love coins and I love tatoos, but somehow the idea of combining them just never occured to me. I have some thinking to do.
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to do some incorporating of the obverses of the peace dollar and the shield nickel into a design for my left forearm
  • Options

<< <i>You know, I love coins and I love tatoos, but somehow the idea of combining them just never occured to me. I have some thinking to do. >>

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    XXXXXX Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll jump in here and say that I have a few tattoos. I've never thought about a coin design. Something with a pissed off Liberty might go well with my HD tats.image >>

If I were to say anything......you said EXCATLY what I would have...................image
  • Options
    I've wanted a tattoo for probably 10 years, but didn't know what to get until about
    six months ago, when it hit me! Now I know exactly what I want, have been checking
    into it, and will have one before this year is over..................................stay tuned!

Ken
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭
    I once saw a tattoo magazine where I guy had St. Gaudens' $10 Liberty in a headress design across his entire back - very cool.

<<one older nurse tells the young attractive candystriper not to worry about the ink on mr. kuklinskys
    `johnson` as its only a tattoo with the word `sous`on it.
    an hour goes by and the young lass goes back to the nurse and says` that didnt say `sous` at all.
    it says `supercalifragilisticexpealidosous`...... >>

Very funny - though I once heard this one a little differently. There once was a guy who had his wife's name 'Susan' prominantly tattooed on himself, who one day took a vacation to Jamaica. There at a communal shower near the beach, he found himself alongside a Rastafarian who apparently had the same idea. "Oh, your girl's name is Wendy?" "Wendy? Oh no, that says 'Welcome to Jamaican, Mon, Have A Nice Day."
  • Options
    I had never seen a person with coin tattoo.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to get a couple tattoos, but my wife would shoot me. AND I've actually thought about having to coin designs as tattoos.

In the tattoo magazines people with a number of tattoos are referred to as "collectors." Since I am a natural collector at heart, I’d be afraid I’d get hooked and end covered with my collection from head to toe …image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    This is the Tattoo that I want that is somewhat coin related and Navy related.

I clipped it out of a heritage catalog.
  • Options
    If you want a rough looking coin tattoo get one of the Liberty on the chain cent, that is one mean looking mother!!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Picture this: A SBA $1 with "Mother" above it!! Now that's ugly!image
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is the Tattoo that I want that is somewhat coin related and Navy related.

I clipped it out of a heritage catalog. >>

An interesting fact about the seated liberty and the liberty cap on the pole is that this was a well used icon well before it first appeared on a U.S. coin in 1836. I learned this from a book, Liberty and Freedom, A Visual History of America's Founding Ideas by David Hackett Fischer. The dust jacket as a seated liberty with a liberty cap on a pole similar to the image that appears on the Seated Liberty coins. She was part of a painting by Samuel Jennings that the artist did in 1792.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once was thinking of having the bust of Liberty from the Peace Dollar as a tattoo. Anyway, here's a pissed off Liberty that I also thought of having (the 2nd one)
    but everone said it was too girly.

imageimage

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    No tats for me, thanks.
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    PutTogetherPutTogether Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I once was thinking of having the bust of Liberty from the Peace Dollar as a tattoo. Anyway, here's a pissed off Liberty that I also thought of having (the 2nd one)
    but everone said it was too girly.

imageimage >>

I like it.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Old thread, new tattoo.image

image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Never any tatoos, I think they are uglier than Eunice Shriver and SBA put together.

• Options
    No

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tattoos. But I have so many freckles that all I can think about are brown wheaties.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No tats for me either. I prefer to remain NT.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    I could use an accented hair tattoo on my bald dome...
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no tatoo's and am not planning on getting any.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>No tats for me, thanks. >>

Agreed!

For the life of me, I'll never understand why anyone would want to degrade their body that way. image

The Libertarian in me says each to his/her own. Still, I'll never understand it, particularly when virtually everyone who does it ends up regretting it later.

I don't care how attractive a woman may be, the minute I see a tramp stamp, I want nothing to do with them.

"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Too young to have a tattoo. And even if I were 18, I'd pass on a coin tattoo.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

If I were to get a tattoo, it might as well be this one :

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Still, I'll never understand it, particularly when virtually everyone who does it ends up regretting it later. >>

I have yet to meet a person with tattoos who has ever regretted it. Guess that just means we travel in different circles....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Still, I'll never understand it, particularly when virtually everyone who does it ends up regretting it later. >>

I have yet to meet a person with tattoos who has ever regretted it. Guess that just means we travel in different circles.... >>

I've met several. In fact, LASER tatoo removal is now a major industry.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    I think those who regret their tattoo got them impulsively.
    If given some thought I feel most remain happy.
    I started studying my Lithuanian heritage a couple years
    ago. With this I started collecting uncirculated lithuanian
    coins from 1925-1938. Also just about a year ago I got
    this tat. Kryzius (Lithuanian cross)
  • Options
    No Thank you!!!!!
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    mozeppamozeppa Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭
    I have a full size, exact photo copy of myself tattooed on me.

I look exactly like me.

expensive yes ...but i'm worth it.
  • Options
    holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a full size, exact photo copy of myself tattooed on me.

I look exactly like me.

expensive yes ...but i'm worth it. >>

Boy that is gonna look awful silly as you age. image
  • Options
    "I've met several. In fact, LASER tatoo removal is now a major industry."

Tell me about it. Take my word for it, getting one because of one's hobby is dumb. In my younger days, I was an amateur gynecologist.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

• Options
    Day-umm, what's with all the white people on here?! You people need to get out in the sun more. Catch some cancer or something. Sheesh.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herb, I like that Berlin tattoo....great colors.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file