Home Sports Talk
Options

What no NBA fans here?

CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
A game seven (a great one so far) and no comments. I've only been able to catch the last three games and I don't care what people say this is great basketball. I never liked the NBA because there was no defense, but these last games have been perfectly entertaining.

Comments

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Watching it right now - what a great series this turned out to be. Two fine teams, well coached, and displaying perfectly executed team defense...
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Larry Brown coached team is going to have good defense.
  • Options
    Refs are giving Timmy a lot of calls. But overall very good game.
  • Options
    I was kinda rooting for Detroit but it was nice to see Duncan turn it on in the big game so we don't have to hear about that anymore.
  • Options
    I hope Bruce Bowen gets the credit he deserves for being a great defender. Night after night he has to guard the other teams best player. And he usualy answers the bell.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Where did Billups go. Was he playing last night?

Saddend Piston Fan

Stingray
  • Options
    Not to browbeat the NBA - but in my opinion that was the dullest, most boring "final" championship game I have ever experienced in any major sport. I'm not sure what the NBA needs, but they badly need something. The NBA has been on the decline and I'm afraid the decline is going to continue for the forseable future.
  • Options

<< <i>but in my opinion that was the dullest, most boring "final" championship game I have ever experienced in any major sport. I'm not sure what the NBA needs, but they badly need something >>

I don't know why alot of people feel that way. I used to hate the NBA and would almost never watch it, but the last two years I have really enjoyed the playoffs. I love NCAA basketball but always thought that the pros with non stop fast breaks was boring. I enjoy defense and teams playing hard, which we definitely saw in this series. I know the NBA is losing a lot of fans because they don't like low scoring games, but I for one am becoming a fan.
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Don't know how any true basketball fan could say that was a "boring Finals game". Each team fought back and forth with a lot of heart, and was very exciting to watch. I give a lot of credit to the Pistons for playing a fine series, and to Tim for hanging in there in spite of the media bombardment he has received. He never gets the credit he is due from some fans cause he isn't a showboat, but he gets credit from other players and coaches as the number one person they would like to play with on their team or coach image. Best of luck to Larry Brown, and hope he can come back and coach again, he will always be admired here in San Antonio.....
    I just had to check back on my old stomping grounds to see what was going on, lol....

Just a side note to one reason the games didn't come off as well as they could have, was the poor job of announcing by ABC! My gosh Hubie, get out of the analyzing business, and Al, stick to football!!
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Boring Finals game? You can't be serious -

It was a tightly contested, defensive battle between two evenly matched teams...the only thing missing to the casual fan was the prescence of a Jordan, Shaq, or Kobe type player and the flash that they would bring. Duncan is a quiet star, and doesn't have the flair to his game (or his personality) that those players do, but don't tell me that a true fan doesn't appreciate how great he is...I would take last night's game anyday over some of the other Finals of recent years.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I think this series was fine. The first four games were blowouts, yes, but the others were great games. Even though the Pistons lost, I still feel good that they were able to come back from 0-2 and make it a good series. I can understand the first four games being boring, but after that they were good.

Stingray
  • Options
    <<< Boring Finals game? You can't be serious - >>>

To clarify - the game was interesting but my feeling "boring" compared to recent World Series and Super Bowl championships. And boring compared to NBA final championship games of the past. I used to always watch every game of the NBA finals but didn't even watch every game here. Again...something is missing. Don't forget the thread title is "What no NBA fans here?" I'm just stating my opinion why.

I remember not too many years ago that many people were saying that the NBA had surpassed MLB as the #2 national pastime. Nobody is saying that anymore. But this NBA championship game however was more interesting than the NHL championship game - LOL
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    People that complain about the NBA being self-centered and only about stars being selfish should have loved last night's game.

This series pitted two true teams against one another...and if you found it boring, you will never like NBA basketball.
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Joyce ? Oh my goodness, is that you ? image

Congrats by the way !
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    Yeah Dave, don't faint, lol. Hows my favorite Laker fan? Just wanted to pay a little visit and see if anybody I knew was still around. Been a long time, hardly recognize the place. Seems to be mainly baseball people around now. Come pay us a visit at HRT sometime, miss you.....image Joyce
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading