Home Sports Talk

Where have you gone Ichiro Suzuki? The lonely Seattle Mariners and Fantasy League Owners turn their

What's happening to my man? I trade for him in Fantasy baseball and he has not been his normal consistent self all season. Last night was bad with a 0/6 night.

Anyway know what the analysts in Seattle are saying about Ichiro? Could it be mechanics or injuries?

Thanks

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris

Comments

• KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Watching Ichiro play against my Mets recently i kept asking myself how can this guy not be hitting .300 ( was hitting like .297 at the time )

The guy looked terrific against the Mets, spraying the ball to all fields. No matter what he ends up hitting this year, the guy is still an amazing ballplayer
  • AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    I've been watching his average slide down under .300 and there's been no real reason given...I don't think it's injuries (as he's still as great in the field as ever)....I think the only real explanation can be he's just been getting unlucky.

I suspect he'll snap out of it soon, but I think a lot of people had expectations of him hitting .400 this year after last year's incredible year, which may have put undue pressure on him.
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I assumed the signing of big name free agents Beltre and Sexson would put more pressure on them and take it off of Ichiro at least from the fans and press, but maybe he is pressuring himself. I'm looking forward to the return of him being a hit machine as my fantasy team has swooned along with his average.

• << <i>Where have you gone Ichiro Suzuki? What's happening to my man? >>

It does not matter. He, like all good players that get stuck in Seattle, will leave as soon as the door opens and go as far away as he can.................................................

maybe NY??!

• AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Where have you gone Ichiro Suzuki? What's happening to my man? >>

It does not matter. He, like all good players that get stuck in Seattle, will leave as soon as the door opens and go as far away as he can.................................................

maybe NY??!

>>

Dude, it's time to come out of hiding and admit you love the Mariners.

Every post you have lately centers on them. Ichiro won't be going anywhere...he's a huge boon not only to the Mariners and their fans, but his huge (immense!) following from Japan.

Seattle paid his team in Japan $12 million simply for the rights to negotiate with him. He will retire a Mariner.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He is one of the best pure hitters in the game today - some of the things he has accomplished thus far make him an early candidate for the HOF. If he is "struggling" a bit, I can bet you it's only temporary.