Home Sports Talk
Options

Thanks for nothing Seattle!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Just when we needed this team to help us move into first, they show up and lie down and let the Senator's do whatever they want to them! We
have won 6 in a row and haven't been able to pick up a game on them. How weak are some of the AL teams??

Funny I don't hear anything from the following:

Mets fan
Marlins fan
Braves fan

LMK
JS

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭✭
    The Halos did their part .... 2 of 3 from the Mets and Braves. The Nat's are up next for us.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Just when we needed this team to help us move into first, they show up and lie down and let the Senator's do whatever they want to them!
    JS >>

As usual, spoken like someone who has no clue what's going on.

With the exception of the series opened (which was broken open by a series of control issues), the games were 2-1 and 3-2, HARDLY 'letting them do whatever they wanted'.

Let's also not forget the Senators had won 7 in a row prior to this, making them one of the hottest teams in baseball.

Seattle played well, pitched well, just couldn't get their bats around quick enough.

• Options
    you all got busted down to size 3-0...you could of at least won one game! What- Ichiro couldn't steal home or something??

How much are you paying him??

JS
  • Options

<< <i>you all got busted down to size 3-0...you could of at least won one game! What- Ichiro couldn't steal home or something??

How much are you paying him??

JS >>

How much are you paying Jim Thome to hit what, 5 home runs?
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    << Funny I don't hear anything from the following: >>

Mets fan
    Marlins fan
    Braves fan

lol Look who's come crawling out from under his 1980 Championship blanket . Did they have the matching curtains that year ?

Seems like yesterday when Pete Rose made that great play by the dugout ...........NOT

Go back to hiding , you guys aren't winning anything soon image
  • Options
    LOL 1980...1986...whats the difference?? You all are just bottom dwellers now! Seems like yesterday Straw man was sniffing
    the coka!
  • Options
    And when did the phillies last even make the playoffs? 1993?

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

When did the Phillies last make the World Series?

When did the Phillies last win the World Series?

When did the Mariners last make the World Series?

When did the Mariners last win the World Series?
  • Options
    Spammy go away, quit trying to recruit people to feel sorry for you or join 'your side'.
  • Options
    Well, it seems like only yesterday, but I did say the Expos looked good for the future last year--unfortunately they moved and they didn't have the year I thought they would (obviously), but it's the same team (Guillen and Castilla are the exceptions). But let's get real, they're doing it with the pitching staff that's probably the best in the NL and nobody knows these guys! Remember you heard it here first, I told you all that Pavano sucks BIG TIME and he's proving every word I said--man I am glad he's gone. And Javy, well, what can I say, he's the man, wish we had him back (believe me, so do the Yankees). Anyways, I am surprised they're in first, and it's incredible how close that division is, but it looks like these guys were just bummed out only playing in front of a few thousand--now they actually have a crowd and they're showing what they can do--Frank Robinson is NO DOUBT the manager of the year, and it looks like Livan's going to over-take the Cy from that punk Willis. I know at the beginning of the year it was hard for me to swallow the team moving, but these guys were my boys last year, I just can't stop loving them!
    Aw, it's great to be a baseball fan, unless of course you're a Yankees fan--then it would really suck!
    Jay
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Lordy there is a 100 games to go..the sky isn't falling and no team in the NL East is a lock for anything. It has to be the most entertaining division this year. But in the end I suspect it will be the Marlins..too much pitching, defense and there are some good hitters on the team. Wouldn't surprise me to see it end up this way:

1) Marlins
    2) Phillies
    3) Mets
    4) Braves
    5) Nationals

They may all end up canibalizing each other for the wild card spot.
  • Options

<< <i> and it looks like Livan's going to over-take the Cy from that punk Willis. Jay >>

What's wrong with you? 'That punk' is arguably the most exciting player in baseball...great with fans, it's obvious he loves playing the game.

You seem to hate and despise anyone not a former expo? Why is that?
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> and it looks like Livan's going to over-take the Cy from that punk Willis. Jay >>

What's wrong with you? 'That punk' is arguably the most exciting player in baseball...great with fans, it's obvious he loves playing the game.

You seem to hate and despise anyone not a former expo? Why is that? >>

His real identity is Gary Carter and he's pi$$ed that he missed the megadollar contract years by about 5,
    and he hasn't been elected to the HOF.image

• Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Frank Robinson is NO DOUBT the manager of the year >>

He has appeared to stay awake so far, but it is way too early to call that, I'll buy that he get's it for the first half but it's a long season. If the Cubs should make the wild card Dusty will get a lot of consideration because of all the injuries they have dealt with.
  • Options
    Willis started the year on fire, and has now been figured out, just like last year and the year before. He may win 20 games, but his E.R.A will be 4.00 or more--hardly Cy Young contention. Hernandez continues to be the NL version of Halladay--neither are flashy, but they win, and they like to pitch long into ball games helping the bullpens of both teams considerably. Those are my picks today even though there is alot of ball to be played.
    Cardsfan, I totally agree about Dusty, I forgot about him, my bad. I 'had' both Wood and Prior on my fantasy team and it's hard to believe they can win without those guys. As far as Frank goes though, the Nats were picked last AGAIN by almost everyone (these same experts who picked Montreal to finish forth in 94 as well), so for what was expected, if they can hang around and win 90 games it will be close to see who does get NL Manager of the year.
    And Axtell, actually growing up Mattingly was by far my favorite player, followed closely by Dale Murphy (and you know how much I hate the Braves today) and the Rocket. I even liked Dwight Gooden and of course Tim Raines. I don't hate Willis as much as I hate the franchise ( and I don't think we need to get into why, it's pretty obvious). I also think Florida is one of those teams that won't be around in 10-15 years, and the 2 World Series Titles they won will be like a black mark on baseball (again, this is MY opinion, I'm a purist). Can you believe I was actually rooting for the Yankees to win the WS against Florida?--it's true. Them winning was sort of like Tampa winning the Stanley Cup last year or Baltimore winning the Grey Cup!
    Jay
  • Options

<< <i>Willis started the year on fire, and has now been figured out, just like last year and the year before. He may win 20 games, but his E.R.A will be 4.00 or more--hardly Cy Young contention. >>

Then why don't you say that in your original post, instead of saying ridiculous things like 'that punk Willis'?

I also think Florida is one of those teams that won't be around in 10-15 years, and the 2 World Series Titles they won will be like a black mark on baseball (again, this is MY opinion, I'm a purist). Can you believe I was actually rooting for the Yankees to win the WS against Florida?--it's true. Them winning was sort of like Tampa winning the Stanley Cup last year or Baltimore winning the Grey Cup!
    Jay >>

The 97 Marlins team, yes, I can understand, they basically paid top dollar for the world series. But the second one? How could you root against that? A true 'team' atmosphere, some thrilling games, all in all, a great thing for baseball.

And what was wrong with Tampa Bay winning the stanley cup? Are the only teams who 'should' win championships old-time teams? Come on, the more teams that win, the better it is for fans.

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Good pitching will win a lot of games in the long run...

Marlins will win the division.
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Who are the Senators?? They're in Ottawa i thought??? NATIONALS!!! (they'll choke, just like the Orioles and Dbacks)
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    Toyboy, how is Javy faring?
  • Options
    Looks like Cy Young compared to Pavano!
    Jay