Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Father's Day/ Hello to Summer swap pairings listed

OK, it seems a few misunderstandings have all been straightened out much to everyones' delight. Soooooooo, it's time for another swap. We'll keep it in the $50- $75 range, as several members (Morganhunter, Louie and eyoung) have already declared that they are in. So, with me, we have 4 already.

Only established Forum mebers will be allowed unless someone can vouch for you. By this I mean simply this. NO NEWCOMER will just walk in off the street, sign up, get some coins and haul tail, never to be seen or heard from again. If you are a relative newcomer and no one has dealt with you before, you can sign up but WILL BE thoroughly screened by ME.

When signing up bear in mind that you are publicly stating that you want to take part and are a person of integrity and responsibility. It is therefore YOUR responsibility to exchange contact information with your partner....to communicate and have dialogue with him or her.

Two things....BE REALISTIC when telling your partner your likes and dislikes. Do NOT place undue STRESS on your partner to HAVE TO run out and buy something for you. Personally, I like pleasant surprises instead of always messing with Washington Quarters...besides you couldn't afford anything I want or need to improve MY REGISTRY SETS. Secondly...BE FLEXIBLE and accept what your partner sends you graciously, HOWEVER...THIS IS NOT a get rid of "stuff I do not want any longer" and "Gee, I hope I get some great coins while I get rid of these crummy coins" deal, UNDERSTOOD? This is enjoyment of our hobby at the grass roots level.... HEY...the OLE GOLDEN RULE, huh? Give till you feel you would be thrilled receiving what you are sending. Dig it? Alright. Which reminds me...AHEM !

Now, here are the tentative plans. There has been talk of a Father's Day Swap. That's not far off but we'll try. DO SOME RECRUITING! However, in the event we should fail to have enough participants by then, we would extend registration a bit to the beginning of Summer which is a whole 3 days later if I'm not mistaken. So, as it stands we presently have four registrants, B00M, MorganHunter, Louie and Mr E. Young.

Any questions...I am easily accessable either here by PM or via email listed under my profile (the glasses icon atop the page). Please make sure that you are at least set up to receive PMs and if at all possible open up your profile and list a verifiable email. That about covers it for now so, LET'S GET IT ON ! Sign up now and spread the word amongst the regulars and perhaps recruit some others that never think to look here at this Forum.

TELL YA WHAT. Let's make this interesting. I will GIVEAWAY a roll each of P and D issue Buffalo Nickels to the person that can get out there and recruit the most participants. Cool? imageimageimage LET'S DO THIS !! image

Another thought.... have the person you recruit state so..."recruited by........" Easier for me to keep track this way.image

Comments

• Options
    Count me in Boom $50.00 for me sounds good image

Oh YEAH I FORGOT - BOOM SENT ME LOL
    imageimage
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    Count me in also.

Arlea1957 sent me here.

kiddfarm@yahoo.com
    If you can read this, your too close.

A DAMMIT BOY from Jonesy 1/25/05

Lieutenant, Covert Operations
    Subcommittee

my first POTD award 7/16/05
    the cat ate my blue fish.
  • Options
    Guess I better git myself in here..... boom sent me...

There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    Ok I'm in image

boom ASK ME
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eyoung249 seems to think i should get involved, so count me in. what are the specifics??
  • Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Boom will set a date for the final entries for the swap. He will then post who the swap partners are. This swap is in the $50-$75 range. You contact your partner and tell them your likes/dislikes, you then agree whether slabbed/unslabbed and price guide....ie current pcgs, ebay, heritage (for some of the higher swaps).

It's pretty fun and you get to know what other ppls interests are.
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    Count me in since the last one went so well. Thanks JohnK.

Millertime
  • Options
    razorface1027razorface1027 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭
    what are the specifics??

Yeah...Fill me in too, Bro.image Oh yeah...arlea57 sent me.image All I got are RAW coinage. My graded are crack outs and in folders...NON-NEGOTIABLE.image

Tom
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Thanks Earl for covering for me while I was out. To the newcomers, "Welcome" and Yes, everyone that posts entry should state who recruited you, As stated in the prelims to make this interesting I am having a giveaway to be awarded to the individual that recruits the most new entrants.

Preliminary rules and guidelines are stated in original post of this thread as well as past swaps that I've overseen. It's BASICALLY common sense and common courtesy.

1- Communicate with your partner.
    2- Treat each other well. Give as you would like to receive.
    3- Cover your asses by using Delivery or Signature Confirmation. Personally, I find Insured with Del Conf to work best for me.
    4- BE REALISTIC in your expectations. DO NOT PLACE UNDUE STRESS ON YOUR PARTNERS BY LIMITING THEM JUST TO A CERTAIN FEW COINS, PERHAPS FOR YOUR REGISTRY SETS, IF YOU HAVE ONE. BE GENEROUS WHEN GIVING AND GRACIOUS WHEN RECEIVING ! OK? No one should feel FORCED to run out and BUY that special something...or else. In all likelihood we all should have coins at hand suitable for swapping. Use you heads and if problems should arise I AM EASILY ACCESSIBLE.
    5- Make someone other than yourselves happy. THIS IS NOT SOME VENUE TO UNLOAD YOUR UNDESIRABLES ON SOMEONE WHILE EXPECTING TO "score".

Problems or issues I should be aware of....PM or email me !! Now, get out there and recruit some people that you can vouch for (because you just may very well HAVE TO) and have them sign up and list "Who" recruited them (For giveaway purposes)
  • Options
    well- since I have been in a few of these and have had a grand time with it- I get to say Boom instigated this- he's the culprit- I'm still up for a dad's day thing.

Looks like a good round this time Boom- i'm gonna spread the news over in that goofy US forum.

ohh- i'm in!

• Options
    asnovellasnovell Posts: 415 ✭✭
    Please count me in. Andy
    Andy
  • Options
    please keep at the top for the time being. Thank you. ttt
  • Options
    Hi Boom! Count me in---Bill

Edited: Boom--as I said in the PM today--plans have changed and I'll be out of town for most of the swap period--so I have to opt out. I'll be looking for your next one.
    Curmudgeon in waiting!
  • Options
    Count me it to please.
    Always looking

MS 1883 Registry Set
  • Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun. Count me in.

Recruited by: Saw a post by Millertime
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Boom,
    I like your first post, one of the main reasons I do not partake in these anymore is how many times I was burned, I had only one good swap out of maybe 8-10 times I tried, I just kept thinking they would get better. Your first post seems to cover most of the basis of a good swap, good job. I'm still not going to partake this time but maybe in the future I'll get back into these.

Respectfully,
    Ray

PS. One of the persons that I had trouble with on more than one occasion happens to be in 9 of 10 swaps and this is why I no longer partake. image
  • Options
    Well Boom- looks like it might be that time to get the ball rollin- times runnin short

I found out 2 days ago- I'm gonna be a grandad(actually a step grandad) but one for the future.

are we ready Boomr?
  • Options
    Hey All,

I am brand new here, so I know that I cannot get involved with this now, but I
    would like to establish myself here and network a little, then who know,,, after a year
    or two, maybe I won't be a "Newbee"

kevingumm@comcast.net
    Buck Hunter
  • Options
    Hi Kevin,
    First of all turn your PM light on. Go into your profile and enable PMs. Then, so that people can get to know you, open up your profile, even if your Name is made up like the one in my profile. Even so, almost everyone here knows my real Name and if you want to take part or anybody else that is a newcomer, I will swap with you and take on the responsibility. That way if anything goes wrong it would be me that takes the brunt of it instead of some innocent person.

Listen everybody, I have an appointment at the doctor at Noon, 25 miles from here. We'll let this run a couple more days and then consider shutting it down. Let's get some more signees, huh!?!

Oh, Wade, congratulations. I'm in a hurry and don't type so well when I'm rushed so forgive any misspellings or broken phrases....gotta go.

Later
    B00M
  • Options
    Thanks Boom !!

Hope I did this right. Of course you may have to walk me through this
    swapping, until I get the hang of it.

I am fairly new at collecting, but I have amassed about 200 old and new so far.

Boom ok'd

Louie contacted me
    Buck Hunter
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a newbie
    All I have is a very nice PCGS graded 1962 pr69rd cent one of the two I have from my registry set. 1962 J.P. no cameo's if you want to look. Only 37 graded at this grade

If someone is interested count me in!!!

thanks Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    CapstickCapstick Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    Count me in. Can't wait to get this going. Oh and Boom sent me.
  • Options
    Boom,

I would be happy to trade with you. What are you looking for?
    If Anybody out there can direct me as to how this works, you know,
    take the new guy under you wing, I would really appreciate it.

Kevin
    Buck Hunter
  • Options
    Go to the opening post of this thread and read it. Go to the opening post of the Swing into Spring Swap Thread and read it or just look around for the guidelines.

AS SWAP COORDINATOR THE FIRST THING I WANT TO SEE IS THAT YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION. I WANT EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU THAT HAS SIGNED UP FOR THIS SWAP TO READ MY OPENING POST. IF YOU CAN LIVE UP TO THIS, FINE, HOWEVER I ONLY SEE A FEW PEOPLE STATE WHO RECRUITED YOU. EDIT YOUR ENTRY POST AND ADD THE NAME OF THE INDIVIDUAL THAT RECRUITED AND OR OK'D YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE. WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT IT, INVITED YOU? THERE IS A GIVEAWAY INVOLVED HERE. RULE #1- PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE SWAP COORDINATOR TELLS YOU TO DO. GOT IT? OK, DO IT !
  • Options
    ttt
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    Guys,
    I am waiting to tie up a few loose ends before the final pairings. Please bear with me.
  • Options
    OK EVERYBODY, HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL PAIRINGS- QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS? PM ME

THE OFFICIAL PAIRINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS. REMEMBER, THERE IS A $50 MINIMUM. COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR PARTNER IS CRUCIAL. ANY DOUBTS ABOUT THE GUIDELINES, GO BACK TO MY OPENING POST.

B00M swaps with silverngold and vice versa
    Morganhunter swaps with Capstick and vice versa
    Louie swaps with Mojoman and vice versa
    eyoung swaps with keets and vice versa
    Kidd swaps with arlea and vice versa
    Millertime swaps with razorface and vice versa
    asnovelli swaps with Chazpear and vice versa
    sumdunce swaps with Musky1011 and vice versa

If anyone has problems contacting your partner as it appears I am having, contact me and I will swap with you. Since silverngold is a newbie here I'll put my neck on the block and if it goes wrong I'm coming after whoever referred him. Yes, I OK'd him ONLY because a senior member referred him. This goes for anybody. A lot of people will not take part in these swaps anymore due to all the BS. It's going to stop and I will weed them out one by one so that coin swapping can continue with integrity around here. Any problems, come to me. PUT IT THIS WAY. I will swap with anybody anytime and I am going to clean this crap up.

That should just about do it. It is YOUR responsibility to communicate with your partner. PM or email each other, discuss likes and dislikes etc. Be good to one another. If there is any doubt as to the value of what you send, include a check. KISS...keep it simple stupid....ever heard of that? If all else fails come to me and I will do my utmost to help you. When you receive your items post here as to whether or not everything has gone well or not. If somebody stiffs you and doesn't communicate with you LET EVERYBODY KNOW SO THEY WILL HAVE NOT ONLY THEIR NAMES POSTED BUT WILL BE BLACKLISTED OR CALLED OUT FOR A GOOD EXPLANATION. LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, USE COMMON SENSE AND HAVE A WAY TO VERIFY RECEIPT AND SHIPMENT. INSURED WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION WORKS REAL WELL AT THE USPS WEBSITE. OK? NOW LET'S SEE IF WE CAN PULL THIS OFF WITHOUT A HITCH. HAVE FUN AND ENJOY YOUR HOBBY.
    PEACE,
    B00M
  • Options
    PM'd my swap mate- image

• Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Connected with mojoman. Swap is ongoing. Thanks Boom for another successful swap. Keep up the good work. Louie
  • Options
    sumdunce and musky, you guys need to make this work. ya wanted in, you're in! Let's get with it.

Nuff said, go back to the opening post. So you don't get what you particularly care for....here's a tip for you.
    Take what you receive and if you have no interest in it, save it for the next swap or sell it.

Regarding how to arrive at current values. Forget the Redbook, forget the PCGS Price Guide,
    forget "Current Trends" or whatever it's called nowadays in Coin World. Do some research by checking
    past auction results all over the place and or the dealers' Greysheet. Come to terms and make it work.

I am no babysitter and with the events that have transpired in my life this past week I assure you,
    I am absolutely in no frame of mind for Nonsense.
  • Options
    Contacted by kidd, I got back to him we're under way...

• Options

<< <i>Contacted by kidd, I got back to him we're under way...

image >>

edited... hey who won the nickles...
  • Options
    edited... hey who won the nickles

Betcha he forgot.image

Tom

In addition...Millertime (Shane) pm'ed me and I reciprocated. Let's see this swap turn out well.image
    What is money, in reality, but dirty pieces of paper and metal upon which privilege is stamped?
  • Options
    Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers here !!!

Kevin
    Buck Hunter
  • Options
    I am absolutely in no frame of mind for Nonsense

Okay DAD...RELAX!image

When, may I be bold to inquire, have you ever been tolerable of "Nonsense?"image

Tom
  • Options
    Mr. Keets and I have been pm'ing .... we're in "da loop"

• Options
    I haven't been around here much the past few days because of extraordinary circumstances. I'll count them up this evening.image
  • Options
    I'd like to publicly thank JohnK for the nice coins. Thanks John and I do hope I sent enough in return. Silverngold, my other partner, I suppose backed out....... but it's cool. It's alright and if he/ you sng, still want to do it, I'm still game. As for the giveaway, I don't know what to do because it seems I did the most recruiting. Maybe I'll figure something out!

Peace all, Keep Smiling
    B00Mimage
  • Options
    Capstick:
    I owe you an apology for getting yours out late- as a few know- I am not quite up to par with my health- and although I normally am punctual in ALL that I do- I have been spending more time with a few that need my attention, I need theirs.

coins right now are not a main concern- my ability to live is..

Thanks Boom- you da man!
  • Options
    No problem Wade. I just sent you a pm. I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling to well. Coins are secondary to your health. I hope you feel better soon. Tim
  • Options
    Got my goodies from Shane today...Too COOL!image Thanks, Shane.image
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Got my goodies from Shane today...Too COOL!image Thanks, Shane.image >>

I received my little goodie today (I was gone since last week so it actually arrived then). Extremely happy with the results, 1877-S Half Dollar. Thanks image.

Thanks Boom for arranging another successful swap.

Millertime
  • Options
    I received coins from Boom thanks for the nice xice coins.

John
  • Options
    Soooo..........is everybody happy? image
  • Options
    A successful swap between arlea1957 and myself.image

Thanks for the chance to do this.image
    If you can read this, your too close.

A DAMMIT BOY from Jonesy 1/25/05

Lieutenant, Covert Operations
    Subcommittee

my first POTD award 7/16/05
    the cat ate my blue fish.
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Mojoman and I connected and had a very very successful swap. Looking for more in the future. Louie
  • Options
    Very happy. I am also looking forward to the next swap.
  • Options
    If everybody's happy are we all about ready to do this again?
  • Options
    Count me in again.