Home Sports Talk
Options

D. Lee hot . . .

. . . 5 for 5 tonight with 4 RBI. BA .380.
"Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

Comments

• Options

<< <i>. . . 5 for 5 tonight with 4 RBI. BA .380. >>

Still trails Pujols significantly in the All-Star balloting. Lee is having a much better year, but I understand the legacy factor. But....Nomar leading the NL balloting for SS? C'mon!! Even before he was injured, he was playing in a horrible manner.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    3-3 tonight, hits in 8 straight AB, batting average .389.
  • Options
    The guy is a monster right now. And on top of it all, he is a Gold Glove quality fielder.
  • Options
    0-5 tonight. It had to end sometime. BA .379. Not too bad.
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Lee is truly having an All-Star year !

Kind of sad to read in the papers a few days back, he had no idea who any past triple crown hitters were.
    Not all players are fans of the game and its wonderful history.

This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    I resolved to only bump this thread when appropriate. Today (June 23), 3-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI, BA .395. His out was a line drive right at the left fielder. The guy is on fire!! It's exciting!! Maybe .400 by July 1?? Yowzaa!!!
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    What's sad as a Cardinal fan is that if this continues Pujols will still arguably be the second best offensive player in the NL. Bonds is finally out of the picture and Derek Lee has decided to step up and have an absolutely incredible year.
  • Options
    See, now, as a Cubs fan, I have to admit that Pujols is one of those once in 50 years types of player. D. Lee hasn't reached that point yet, but he's having one of those once in a lifetime types of seasons. It may continue, it may not. But, right now, he is the stud. He can hit any pitch he sees. I like it!!!
  • Options
    2 HR tonight, 2 RBI. I keep thinking he's cooling off, but then he rebounds. BA .373, 30HR.