Options

I hate giving NEG'S..

but I had to. NEG. Coin is beat. Not BU. Not even close.--Kurt

Comments

• Options
    Did you try and contact him by EMAIL?
  • Options
    Kurt4Kurt4 Posts: 492 ✭✭
    No. It's not the money or the coin. Ad said "BU" and it's not even close. I guess I'm just a little dissapointd. Been a bad week.imageimage I think" HistoryGeek" can back me up on this one. This dude overgrades. I should have consulted the forum first.
  • Options
    After I left a negative feedback he did offer me a refund. However, he still insists that his grades are correct, thus other potential buyers need to be warned about his false advertising and overgrading. See this thread
    Corrupting youth since 2004
  • Options
    HG--That's why I added "Bid Accordingly" about his BU coins. ybor1will not get my business again.
  • Options

<< <i>No. It's not the money or the coin. Ad said "BU" and it's not even close. I guess I'm just a little dissapointd. Been a bad week.imageimage I think" HistoryGeek" can back me up on this one. This dude overgrades. I should have consulted the forum first. >>

True but your rating is going to go in the toilet.I don't want to add insult to injury here or make it sound like I believe I know everything but didn't his feedback give you a warning?
  • Options

<< <i>After I left a negative feedback he did offer me a refund. However, he still insists that his grades are correct, thus other potential buyers need to be warned about his false advertising and overgrading. See this thread >>

I remember that thread.Although IMHO his feedback speaks for its self.
  • Options
    <<<I remember that thread.Although IMHO his feedback speaks for its self.>>>

You are correct. Now it does.

HG
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No. It's not the money or the coin. Ad said "BU" and it's not even close. I guess I'm just a little dissapointd. Been a bad week.imageimage I think" HistoryGeek" can back me up on this one. This dude overgrades. I should have consulted the forum first. >>

The ad says UNC not BU, and in my opinion you should have emailed him first and asked for a refund. Leaving a neg without a notice is not very nice. Grading is subjective, the coin doesn't look fine as you said in the neg either, more probably a dull EF. But if he gives you a retaliatory neg, it's going to hurt you more, as he,unlike you, has many transactions daily and your neg is going to leave his feedback page 1 very soon. On the bright side, he doesn't seem to leave retaliatory negs.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

<< <i><<<I remember that thread.Although IMHO his feedback speaks for its self.>>>

You are correct. Now it does.

HG >>

So now he has two more negs... Yes now people will get the warningimage His feedback spoke for it's self before you two and maybe it speaks a little more.However just Email him and try to get a refund.At least you should have before you neged him.
  • Options
    <<<However just Email him and try to get a refund.At least you should have before you neged him.>>>

I did. Two times, read the thread before you comment please. He only offered me a refund after I "neged" him.
  • Options
    <<The ad says UNC not BU, and in my opinion you should have emailed him first and asked for a refund. Leaving a neg without a notice is not very nice. Grading is subjective, the coin doesn't look fine as you said in the neg either, more probably a dull EF. But if he gives you a retaliatory neg, it's going to hurt you more, as he,unlike you, has many transactions daily and your neg is going to leave his feedback page 1 very soon. On the bright side, he doesn't seem to leave retaliatory negs. >>
  • Options
    wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

In all my years on ebay I have only given maye 2 negs to sellers and its only after Paypal refunded my money after they were found wrong. I am a firm believer in trying to work it out.

Tonight I may be leaving another neg to another seller since my patience has run out image
  • Options
    For my own information and education I would appreciate seeing your photo of the coin compared to the sellers as UNC is quite a way from fine

Dr J
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    From the seller's pictures, the coin doesn't look uncirculated. It seems to be VF/XF, with wear evident on the high points.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    It figures the guy is from the Tampa area, where I live. He's giving us a bad name down here! image
  • Options
    critocrito Posts: 1,735
    The high points are the knee, sun face on shield, chest medalion and lower part of wreath on other side. Pic was obviously taken with a flatbed scanner which never shows any luster. Furthermore, since the veins on leaves and llama fur aren't well defined, it may even be weakly struck. I'd be willing to bet if you sent it in to ANACS it would grade at least AU and possibly even MS, with a NET grade for the abrasive cleaning that wasn't disclosed.
  • Options
    I think I jumped the gun a little on this one. I will e-mail seller and see what happens. I don't have the ability for pictures yet. I think the thing that made me angry was the fact that the coin was not even close to UNC. Originally I thought it was BU, but I was wrong. Still, there is obvious wear, alot of hairlines (almost whizzed), and no luster. I'm keeping the coin though. Probably be a give away to some kid down the road. I don't mind a little overgrading, but this coin was not even close to UNC. I should have done my homework a little more. I feel a little bad about the neg., but if a seller says UNC, it should be UNC. If it's not then you have to expect a NEG.
  • Options

<< <i><<<However just Email him and try to get a refund.At least you should have before you neged him.>>>

I did. Two times, read the thread before you comment please. He only offered me a refund after I "neged" him. >>

image sorry I only glanced at the thread you linked to because I hate rereading threads.The way you made it sound in this thread you didn't try and contact him.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    "I feel a little bad about the neg."

You shouldn't, he misrepresented the coin and thus he deserved the neg. If you ended up returning it to him without giving him the neg, do you think he would list it again and not call it an unc?
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Steve--I thought about this yesterday and that was my thought exactly. He did offer a refund, but that's not the point. Maybe he'll start paying attention to his grades a little closer. Antway, the coin makes a fine pocket piece. My nephew always wants to see what I'm carrying around, so he'll probably get it. I'm building a little numismatist.image