Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What thing do you most like about this forum.

I like the links to E bay, members post, that show wacky or fraudulent activity. I certainly would not have the time to find them on my own. There are also some funny people here. I get a kick out of MadMarty and Russ. Those posted photos of coins, especially rainbow toned Morgans. I also like the fact that you can turn on the site and there is always new and interesting comments from the members. What do you like? image
ANA 1197201
Vietnam Vet 69-70 - Semper Fi

Comments

  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Basically all of the above. There's no doubt that this forum is an important part of the numismatic community as far as the sharing of knowledge goes. I owe a great deal of what
    I've learned about coins to the members here. image

    Edited to say: Heck, this IS the numismatic community! image
  • Options
    i like how people here are on the ball when it comes to eBay scams. Up to date info. is always a plus too.
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭
    A flaming thread every once in a while is enjoyable (as long as I'm not the target).

    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    image
  • Options
    It's a great place to learn about coins and collecting. And you get to see some pic's of some very nice coins. image

    And some strange looking cats too. image
    image
  • Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    I like people sharing threads like THIS that contain funny eBay auctions.

    image
  • Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭

    Its a great source to find out good information about fraud, bad ebay sales, and good people wanting to share numismatic knowledge!

    TorinoCobra71

    image
  • Options
    LouisLouis Posts: 3,687
    There is a real wealth of knowledge here.
    image

    image
  • Options
    mgoodm3mgoodm3 Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭
    A place to talk coins. I don't have any local coin friends.
    coinimaging.com/my photography articles Check out the new macro lens testing section
  • Options
    wam98wam98 Posts: 2,685 ✭
    The sharing of opinions and knowledge is my most liked about this forum. Great place for coin info. and I have a feeling there are more people with coin interests that are visiting here and not posting, than there are posters.

    image
    EDIT PS, Glen please remove the rubberband from your kittens neck. Kitty don't look right. image
    Wayne
    ******
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The show reports!image

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    What do I like?

    image I like that I can ask questions and get good answers,
    Cause I'm a dummie.image

    I love the pics, and wish I had the equipment and the coins to post my own. Instead of crummie scans.image

    I like that I can express an honest opinion, I can make a joke, or just lurk. and still learn about coins and collecting.

    I like giveaways even though I haven't won any.

    And I like that the experts And others are willing and happy to help a dummie, newbie, or YN. to learn more about the hobbie.image

    thats enough.
    pz
    (Old man) Look I had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, “That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah”.

    (Priest) BLASPHEMY he said it again, did you hear him?
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    What I like most are the coin pictures! And not just because I posted some. I've always liked coin pics here since I first joined and before I even had a digital camera. It's all about the coins. image

    I also enjoy the stories that go along with some of the coins.
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    I personally like to hear the constructive criticism as well as worthy praise by collectors responding to others's prized possessions. I also very much like to read about people being excited when adding a treasure to their collection. I am relatively new to the coin hobby but have learned a tremendous amount in a short period of time. dizzyfoxx
    image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wealth of knowledge and experience that several of the members have especially in thier area of expertise.

  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the reason's RYK posted in October, and my favorite quote from that post on the subject, from Adrian (ANACONDA);

    To come and express our ideas (and sometimes ourselves) and have them challenged and chewed upon which allows us to reflect upon them more objectively. I could add (and sometimes our coins) when we post them and ask opinions.

    Some good one's here too ... BTW ... welcome DizzyFoxx

    “We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

    Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    The absolute number 1 thing I like most about this forum is all the "Guess the grade of this already graded coin" threads.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭


    << <i>What thing do you most like about this forum. >>



    The wide variety of goofballs.

    Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140 ✭


    << <i>The wide variety of goofballs. >>




    image
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    << The wide variety of goofballs. >>
    image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    btmoore9btmoore9 Posts: 352 ✭
    I like the honesty of peoples input and opinions and sincerity in helping people. imageimage
    Live like you were dying.
    -------------------------------
    Bridget
    ----------
    (My beautiful children!!)
    image
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threads about coins
    mirabela
  • Options
    pharmerpharmer Posts: 8,355 ✭
    I get a kick out of old threads that are referenced or brought forth. It's fun to compare the graybeards' inputs then and now.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    Apropos of the coin posse/aka caca: "The longer he spoke of his honor, the tighter I held to my purse."

    image
  • Options
    the various senses of humor and the wiseguys on this forum

    and coin picture posts

    and when someone "made" a coin with the actual result being better than expected

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file