Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

One more "guess the grade" on a color toned commem: Gettysburg

dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
PCGS graded. Results posted later. Note: two points of interest -luster is better than scans indicate and the reverse hits are slightly exaggerated in scans. Thanks, dizzyfoxx
image
image
image...There's always time for coin collecting. image

Comments

  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146 ✭
    64
    though i,m not too confident of my commem grading skills
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 35,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully original and probably in an MS-66 holder. I don't like "mole' on the Union guy's cheek. It would bother me, but the coin is bascally sound. If I were grading it, I'd give it an MS-65 because the "mole."
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    I'd say 65

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file