Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thank you, Tonelover!

In the interest of giving credit where it is due, I would like to single out Jon from Rare Coins of New Hampshire for exemplary service. He posted a list of coin for sale a couple weeks back, and, although I couldn't (and didn't) spend much dough, I got the impression I was a valued customer nonetheless. His emails were prompt and courteous, shipping was incredibly fast, the coins were packed wonderfully and the coins themselves were beautiful; all in all, it's the best coin-buying experience I've yet had. Thank you, sir!

This is not to short anyone else I've purchased from at Collector's Universe; You've been great, but Jon was better! image

And a tip o' the hat to the rest ya, too! This board has been invaluable to me since picking up this hobby again, and I would like to thank everyone here for the wisdom and insight that they share on a regular basis. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RCNH is a class act!
    Doug
  • Options
    image I agree, he treated me like I was spending a million $. Great service. imageimage Thanks Ron. image
    Melanie
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards macjeff ...

I have to agree ... Jon is first class!! image

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    Thanks everyone for the opportunity, it was nice working with you as well. Each of you has my contact info, don't be a stranger. This is all supposed to be about having fun and doesn't have to be the big drag some people make it out to be.
  • Options
    RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Well..since the subject came up, I too dealt with Jon a few months back and have to agree that the service and quality of merchandise was excellent!

Thanks Jon and RCNH!!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both Jon and RCNH are first class all the way.image

Also, does pursuitofliberty realize he is using as an icon one of Jon's coins?image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Jon is great, I've enjoyed my transactions with him.
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah? Try buying his rainbow toned MS67FBL 58d Frankie...

I resorted to threatening him on a daily basis and he still didn't sell...

imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭
    Jon is #1 in my book.
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I have met John in person and purchased a few coins........he's nice and friendly and helpful if you like that sort of thing.....image
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    will add my 2C-- Just bought a nice one along with some other Type coins- Didn't spend a ton, but recieved "big spender" service.

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    ccrccr Posts: 2,446
    I`ve dealt with Rare Coins of New Hampshire a few times and has been nothing less then very good. From the coins to the service.
  • Options
    Jon WHO!?
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Jon's da bomb! image
  • Options
    macjeffmacjeff Posts: 103 ✭✭

<< <i>Jon WHO!? >>

Jon from Rare Coins of New Hampshire, of course! He's been getting mad props all day! image

Jeez, some people can't be bothered to read a thread, can they?

/I kid!
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Oh yeah? Try buying his rainbow toned MS67FBL 58d Frankie...

I resorted to threatening him on a daily basis and he still didn't sell... >>

I tried that same tact with Jon's SLQ's about four years ago and it didn't work then either. lol

jom
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still holding my breath waiting for Jon to sell me his 1924 SLQ PCGS 65...I love that coin's toning !
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I've done some business with Jon and RCNH before. It's truly top-notch. image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭
    This is par for the course. I've always felt that way about them and Jon since my first purchase - honest and very friendly people.

They have pricey stuff I cannot afford.

They also have "perfectly" problem-free coins - sometimes you might see a range of between $10-$100 items.

Either way you choose, you will be treated as a first-class citizen. The day someone says they weren't, I'll have to assume they dialed the wrong number, and need to try again!
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    New Hampshire's not so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    He searched 4 boxes of coins to find just the right one for my type set-thanks again Jon!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    Sorry I had to dig this post from the past but feel Jon has to be acknowledged... over the past few months I have bought several low endish coins from Jon and am amazed by the quality of coins and more important the quality of service from Jon himself, always an email and a prompt answer to every question. This has been a wonderful experience especially after reading the zillion posts here about the horrors of dealers. Again thank you tonelover.
    There is nothing more powerful than the power of goodbye
  • Options
    ...in m.h.o , Jon is one of the very best image
  • Options
    AZLARRYAZLARRY Posts: 1,189 ✭✭
    Professional organization and Jon is great to work with.
  • Options
    MikeInFLMikeInFL Posts: 10,188 ✭✭✭✭
    RCHN is first rate. Both Jon and Paul are excellent to deal with, regardless of how much money you spend. Bravo...Mike
    Collector of Large Cents, US Type, and modern pocket change.
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Here's one for you. I have checked out a few coins from RCNH and talked to Jon about them. They sent me one and for personal tastes, I returned it. I still have not done business with them but can support all of the great comments. If every dealer was like Jon and RCNH, life would be a lot easier.

Thanks Jon.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Jon is outstanding to work with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file