Home› World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Chelsea Wins the Title! Giveaway! WINNERS

My two favorite teams: Chelsea and anyone who beats Arsenal. Two of my favorite teams played last Saturday, Chelsea and Bolton (who is a favorite this season since they had beaten Arsenal). Chelsea won the league in style going away as a result of a hard fought 2-0 triumph at Bolton's Reebok stadium.

This league triumph is the first for Chelsea since I started supporting the team and yes, the first in my lifetime. Hopefully I will see many more such successes.

Auldfartte is a tough act to follow, given that I am not a gold coin collector. The four prizes to be given away are as follows:

1907 6d, certified AU 55 by NGC. It takes a good eyepiece to see the wear. NIce bright coin.
image

10 p collection: 1969, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979 and 1980 in AU or better condition. The 1977 is a circulation piece struck on a proof blank!

5 p collection: 1968, 1969, 1971, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1991 and 1992 in AU condition or better (except the 1991).

BU decimal bronze collection: 1ps dated 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1998 and 2000 (the 2000 is toned). 2p dated 1971 and ½ps dated 1971 and 1974.

I like whitelignin's giveaway idea. 1st prize gets to choose first, 2nd prize gets to choose second, and so on.

Here's what you do: Post to enter, explaining why you should be selected as a winner. Even Arsenal fans are eligible. My daughter will draw the names.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Edit:

My daughter is busier than I am, so I had to do the drawing via random number generator (I used a uniform distribution for you statistics geeks out there).

The winners are:



















































































































1. whitelighnin
2. maccrimmon
3. drjules
4. madmarty

Congratulations to the winners and thanks for playing!!



By the way, Chelsea whupped Manchester United this week at Old Trafford 3-1. That means they swept them in league play and went 3-1-0 overall (that's W-D-L and not W-L-T).

image
Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

Comments

  • Options
    Congrats from a fellow supporter ( it did take fifty years but the wait was worth it ! ).
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    SyracusianSyracusian Posts: 6,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always supported lost causes and Chelsea was one of them. image
    Dimitri



    myEbay



    DPOTD 3
  • Options
    cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your teams win!

    Oh yeah I deserve to win just because I can.image
    Bill

    image

    09/07/2006
  • Options
    Congrat that Chelsea won.

    I should be a winner because I really like to be.image

    Thank u!
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I've always supported lost causes and Chelsea was one of them >>


    imageimageimageimageimageimage



    << <i>it did take fifty years but the wait was worth it >>


    50 years! imageimageimageimage



    << <i> first for Chelsea since I started supporting the team and yes, the first in my lifetime >>


    Your lifetime??? Really??? image You want us to believe you are under 50 years old? image

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    I guess ajaan does not want to be entered!image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A true Arsenal fan wouldn't be caught dead entering this giveaway. So please don't enter me.






    BTW: nice giveaway for those unligtened ones.

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584 ✭
    Why should i win hey?

    Lets just say, decimal bronze coins in BU, ones i think i were actually supposed to be buying off of you a few months back but that got sidelined due to so much work and commitments. Therefore i'm entering because i need some BU bronze!

    (Please ensure i get picked anywhere but first place cos i do not want the sixpence as it's slabbed).
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    A true Arsenal fan wouldn't be caught dead entering this giveaway. So please don't enter me.

    OK. BTW I hope Beckham does join Arsenal!!image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    (Please ensure i get picked anywhere but first place cos i do not want the sixpence as it's slabbed).

    If you win first prize, you choose what you want to win.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If BeckHAM joins the Gunners, I may have to re-evaluate my loyalty. image

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    Nice giveaway,,don't enter me but use it as a Additional place for the first YN to post after me.image
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584 ✭


    << <i>(Please ensure i get picked anywhere but first place cos i do not want the sixpence as it's slabbed).

    If you win first prize, you choose what you want to win. >>



    Phew! I didn't want to get stuck with something entombed... i'd feel dirty having to actually touch the plastic... unclean thoughts i must be punished. image
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    I think the winner should be an Arsenal fan since we have had to suffer your gloating on Chelsea all year.

    I guess this year proves that coin collecting and football are alike - If you are willing to spend "crazy money" you can buy whatever prize you want! image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    elvernoelverno Posts: 1,068 ✭
    Since I'm only guessing about the country much less the sport... But apparently Chelsea is the Cubs?? Congrats in any case.

    I don't deserve to win but I'll send a winning to Shane. image
    Vern
    image
    You want how much?!!
    NapoleonicMedals.org
    (Last update 3/6/2007)
  • Options
    SylvestiusSylvestius Posts: 1,584 ✭
    If you want to support a real club then it's got to be Lincoln City! image


    P.S I don't actually support any team cos i never really liked the game.

    The rest of my family support Sheffield Wednesday, except for my grandmother who supports Man U. Although i'm always joyous at the though of Wednesday losing to Barnsley.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭
    Why should I be selected as winner? Because I just lost my fifth ebay auction in a row!

    GO Chelsea!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    notlogicalnotlogical Posts: 2,235 ✭
    Can I enter too? I'm glad your team won! Soccer is really exciting. I play in a YMCA league. I like to play defender and mid fielder. 2 years ago I scored three goals in one game. That was really neat. I haven't scored a goal since though. that's not as much fun but I really enjoy playing soccer and all my teammates!

    I should win because I play soccer and our team is named the "bulldogs" image


    I forgot. My dog is a English Setter too! image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

    "Live long and prosper"

    My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    Me, me, me!!! Because I survived my trip to the Dominican Republic and I really need to win something!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    I think the winner should be an Arsenal fan since we have had to suffer your gloating on Chelsea all year.

    I've supported Chelsea for 35 years and have had to put up with Arsenal fans gloating all during that time. That's why my favorite team this Monday will be West Brom.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ccrdragonccrdragon Posts: 2,697 ✭
    I deserve to win because I will root against whomever Ajaan support!!!! image

    Besides, all that copper you have in there should go to a copper nut like myself!!!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087 ✭
    I likes shiney metal things.
    Congrats to Chelsea.
  • Options
    Please enter me as I am going to need some consoling after Arsenal (who my wife supports) beat West Brom (my home team) within the next hour! West Brom are going to need this to stay up (highly unlikely) and we have a difficult run of games to finish including Man U.

    image into image soon

    Updated - glimmer of hope as they go in 0 - 0 at half time

    Final

    Mon May 2 2005
    Barclays Premiership
    West Brom 0 - 2 (0 - 0) Arsenal R
    R Van Persie 66
    . Edu 90



    Dr J image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Gunners.

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    Quit hijackin' my thread, also-ran!!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez! They win one Title in 50 years and it goes to someone's head. image

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭✭
    PLease put me in and I think I should win because I'm a Y/N and low on money to buy real nice coins image

    Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

  • Options
    AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Then of course, Chelsea gets beat by Liverpool.
    Christo Duce Vincamus

    Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭
    I deserve to win because I could lay a forearm shiver up aside Beckham's scrawny heid that would leave him squirming on the turf (that's right!! give me a red card) ..... you soccer guys need an enforcer like in hockey that occasionally "blasts" a troublesome scorer...you know, just to keep things even.

    Chelsea wins title? Oh, I thought Bill & Hillary's kid had won something!! image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Then of course, Chelsea gets beat by Liverpool. >>


    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    It stinks that we lost to that mediocrity of a team.

    I'll just have to be content knowing that Chelsea won two trophies this year and that Arsenal will probably win none! image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭
    I deserve to win like Brazil deserves a sixth World Cup. image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I caught part of the Liverpool - Chelsea match on ESPN2. The match wasn't as close as the score indicated.

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    ttt - winner will be announced next Wednesday (after the chaos and confusion in the wybrit household dies down).
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    Enter me in this giveaway
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    I should be selected as the winner because I'm feeling greedy, plus Satootoko isn't here to display his greed. So just go ahead and ship me the coins, no need to have your beautiful daughter pick some names out of that hat.

    imageimageimage
    .....GOD
    image

    "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

    "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

    "For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this giveaway going to end when Chelsea wins the title again? that is, in another 50 years?

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    It's time to call the Orkin man.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    Ants???? image
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    I would like to win because i learn so much from you guys annd love getting excited and collecting nnew coinns!!!!!11image
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    Ants????

    ajaans image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    Winners selected. Stay tuned...
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭
    Winners, please use this thread to post your pick. Whitelighnin goes first.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    imageimageimageCool!!! Thanks Wybrit!!!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.