Home Sports Talk
Options

A Little Coming Out Party for ARod

3 Homers including a Grand Slam and a measly single....10 RBI's thus far.

Eat your hear out, Axtell Rose!!!

Comments

• Options
    Pay-Rod?

Bout time....
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>3 Homers including a Grand Slam and a measly single....10 RBI's thus far.

Eat your hear out, Axtell Rose!!! >>

Dude what's your problem?

When have I ever talked bad about Arod? Do you remember the thread where he kept that kid from getting run over? I was defending the guy. He's batting .310 with a .963 OPS. Solid numbers if you ask me.

So now he's your boy?

Spammy you are oh so predictable in your threads. When the yankees are losing, getting blasted, whatever, you're a ghost. But they do something that they SHOULD do (i.e. win, score runs, etc) and somehow you come out from under the bed and start boasting.

You think that makes you a fan? Or a fanboi?

• Options
    Gemmy, Pay-Rod came out of the closet a long ago...
    Jay
  • Options
    <<When the yankees are losing, getting blasted, whatever, you're a ghost>>

Axtell Rose,

You so silly:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=386759&highlight_key=y

You must be talking about murcerfan. image
  • Options

<< <i><<When the yankees are losing, getting blasted, whatever, you're a ghost>>

Axtell Rose,

You so silly:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=40&threadid=386759&highlight_key=y

You must be talking about murcerfan. image >>

Oh yeah one post.

You being invisible when your team loses applies to both the Giants ('your' giants, remember) and the yankees. Anyone who was here in the first few weeks of the football season was present to see your inane ramblings about how great 'your' giants were and how they were going to the playoffs. They falter and then we don't see hide nor hair of you.

Fast forward to the yankees and the beginning of the season. Numerous threads (thus your name of Spammy!) whenever the yankees win and you are next to invisible when they are losing (which they've been doing a lot more than winning).

You, sir, are a fair-weathered fan. I don't care what you say to the contrary, your behavior proves it. Anyone who has followed your ridiculous ramblings about the yankees, their players, etc. would come to the same obvious conclusion.
  • Options
  • Options
    Axtell Rose,

You seem to have made many friends on this board.
  • Options
    George must've put a scare into him.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    Jersey,

Don't think so but if he lit a fire under ARod's arse more power to George.
  • Options
    It's comedy to think that professional athletes want or need any 'motivation' be it from fans, the owner, whoever.

These athletes play at such a high level, no amount of words spoken are going to get them moving. They play and perform of their own will, not some loud-mouthed owner, some obnoxious 'fans', or worse, some journalists who get their kicks bashing players (hello Jay Mariotti? Are you there?)

The press release/news conference Steinbrenner had prior to the yanks game with the d-rays was a joke. It's easy to do something like that prior to games with a team like the D-rays because the odds are you are going to win anyways, and when you do, you look like a real motivator. Why didn't he call that before the BoSox games?

And Spammy...if people can't handle the truth (and yes spamboy you are one of them who can't), then that isn't my problem. If people want to run their mouths off (yes, that's you again spammy), I am going to call them on it when their aruguments are full of holes.

People with strong personalities like mine are either going to piss off a lot of people or make a lot of friends...and if you don't like what I have to say, DON'T READ IT.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    LOL nice job gemmy!!

hey gemmy what you think of david wright? just wondering what yankee fans are thinking of these home grown mets kids? ( reyes wright bell) they look good. competition is tuff, i can see mets making a run here soon though. they have the hitting to do it.

Axtell this post is for gemmy! not you! so i dont need your answer on this! i will see you in june in seattle!
  • Options

kuhlmann, I am not sure about Bell and Reyes but I think that Wright is destined to be a star.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    It's neat to see any guy have a day like A-Rod had. Good for him. It would be better for the team if he could spread that production out over 5-10 games, though.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Had Arod hit a solo home run instead of that single, he'd have been the only player in history to hit a HR cycle (1, 2, 3 and 4run hr's).

And I think I heard that he's the 10th or 11th person in history to drive in 10 or more runs in a game. Heard a great commentary on the radio today, wondering why Arod hasn't been embraced by yankee fans as a 'real' yankee...he went on to ask what a 'real' yankee is....is it winning a title, is it winning an mvp, is it long-time service, what is it? And he brought up some great points that arod will likely never be embraced by the fans, even though he moved to third and is a better shortstop than jeter, moved without question. He's likely one of the greatest, if not THE greatest player of this generation, and I think too many fans overlook that and get fixated on his obscene contract.

• Options
    Yes, ARod is a great player but I wouldn't say he is the best ever. He is definitely the best of his era when you delete the Steroid Boys. ARod will be embraced by Yankee fans as he continues to earn his pinstripes.

Don't belittle Jeter. If he retired today he would make the HOF
  • Options

<< <i>
    Don't belittle Jeter. If he retired today he would make the HOF >>

One, I wasn't belittling him.

But two, are you high? Why would say he'd make the hall today? ZERO MVPs, top 10 in OPS once (a fifth place finish at that), and best he could muster in batting average is second. It's not good enough to say he's a defensive shortstop....he's only won one gold glove!

So tell me oh mighty spammy why Jeter should be in the hall?
  • Options
    He is on pace for 3,000 hits. If he stays healthy he will be the first to have 3,000 hits as a Yankee. Other Yankees have done it but some of their hits were on other teams.
  • Options
    Wait spammy.

You said if he retired TODAY he'd be in the hall. What gives on you changing your stance?

edit: and on pace for 3000 hits? What, if he plays 20 years?

He had 1734 in 10 years ending in 2004. He'd have to play 8 more years averaging 175 hits per year.. Think he'll still be hitting the ball like he is now when he's 38, 39 years old?

• Options
    No I didn't. baseball-reference.com agrees with me and they know a helluva a lot more than the head of a rock band. Jeter is in the Top 10 of many categories, too numerous to list. Look em up.

HOF Monitor: Batting - 132.0 (94) (Likely HOFer > 100)
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why would say he'd make the hall today? ZERO MVPs, top 10 in OPS once (a fifth place finish at that), and best he could muster in batting average is second. >>

Doesn't matter that he doesn't have the hardware he has the ultimate respect of the league. He is a gamer, Jeter is one player that I can say will make it for the intangibles not just numbers. He was the glue that held together all the championship teams - a true leader which is uncommon today.
  • Options
    CardsFan, could not have said it better.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Gemmy,

You noticed that Jeter and Mattingly are both neck and neck on the Hall Monitor ranking? Bernie Williams is around there as well.

I would say Jeter deserves the HOF even right now. He gets the entire team in gear and is a catalyst. Sure he strikes out some, but not when its really important like in the playoffs. Something about pressure that makes him better in a game.

You could argue he was not a big leader in offensive categories, but he is in the top 10. His talent is balanced, so while he does not dominate one category, he does everything very well.

He is a quiet leader, leads by example, gets people going, comes through in the clutch. A truely electrifying player.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee