Home Sports Talk
Options

Nomar out...

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
...for up to three months after injuring his groin.

Link

Comments

• Options
    Another one bites the dust.
  • Options
    Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    It's going to be a problem, except that Lee's been hot as hell, which should help the offense. It's too bad, since so far, it looks like the starting rotation may be starting to gel. Prior and Zambrano gave up a total of 1 ER in their last starts. Of course, the pen is still very suspect. All in all, probably another heartbreak season for Cubs fans.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    The Sox seemed to play better without Nomar so I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs do too. This gives Hairston a chance to step in and Nomar sure wasn't doing anything yet anyway. Even though he's a Cub I like Nomar and I'm kicking myself for making him a priority for my fantasy teams.
  • Options
    Its too bad...I think all the time missed due to injuries will cost him a shot at Coppers Town!
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    He is a bad investment.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options

<< <i>I'm kicking myself for making him a priority for my fantasy teams. >>

I hear you brother. Due to Nomar, I may never get out of the cellar this year.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990
    I think Nomar is the new Ken Griffey Jr. I feel for Nomar because I like him. It was worse than the injury, probably for him, that the Sox won the WS after he left. I wouldn't be surpised if his career is coming to an end.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I like Nomar too, but it became apparent after he left that his teammates thought of him as a selfish player, and someone who wouldn't go the extra mile when necessary. I hope this injury doesn't set him back even farther, as he still has many good years ahead of him.