Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Interesting Request - Dansco - Updated

Hi-

I have a unique request for you all. Anyone know where I may find a new or nice used Dansco Supreme Album for the folowing?

7210 - Canada Type Major Coins from 1858
7211 - Canada Type 1953? on??
7452 - Panama Type from 1904
7360 - New Guinea
73?? - Australia Decimal Type (anyone know the stock number?)

I know these are obscure Danscos, and some have not been made decades... but I figured if anyone would have some lying around, or know where I could find them, it would be here!

Thanks!

UPDATE: New additions to this list are in BOLD. I have doubles of Mexico Type, Guatemala Type, and Swiss Type. I'm not interested in selling them, but I would be willing to trade. These have got to be SOMEWHERE!?!?!

If anyone has any, PM me with an offer. NO reasonable offer refused. image
-Ryan-

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I can only imagine what the 100-mon slot looks like in the Japanese album. image

(No, wait- the album is since 1870, and the 100-mon pieces were struck until 1870, I guess.)

And the "Panama Pill" slot in the Panamanian album must be interesting to see. Bet that album page really swallows the coin up!

Good luck. Those will be tough. I've heard of the Aussie and Canadian albums, but it'll be challenging to find those, I think.

I have the Swiss Confederation Type album now. Nice album, but typical to Dansco, they made one small, irritating error in nomenclature... they labeled everything "centimes" instead of "rappen".

I used to have all three of the Irish albums, which were cool because they were not only complete type sets, but date sets as well.

Oh- I once found the Canadian type set in a Capital Plastic frame... very nice alternative to an album, but a little pricey, now. I was lucky enough to buy mine from a dealer who'd had it since the early 1960's, and she sold it to me in the original wrapper, at the price marked on the original tag... a buck or two! Nowadays those Capital Plastic frames for big type or date sets probably cost upwards of fifty-sixty bucks, new, I think.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rwhiterwhite Posts: 326

<< <i>I have the Swiss Confederation Type album now. Nice album, but typical to Dansco, they made one small, irritating error in nomenclature... they labeled everything "centimes" instead of "rappen". >>

I have that album too... it certainly is not their first error and most definately not their last! It's also interesting to note how they use different styles for different countries. For example, in the Hong Kong album, the coins are listed by Monarch, but in the New Zealand album, they are by denomination... wierd.

Can anyone help?
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    top. image
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. You shortened your list considerably from its original posting. Did you get lucky and find some?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I have a Panama type album. There was a guy on E-Bay a few years ago that had them made up. It was a copy of the 70s version. I'll sort through my old E-Mails tonight and see if I still have his info.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Sorry to jump in with my own request....but does any one have any nice used albums albums available for Israel or Palestine. These too have not been out for decades.

Thanks
  • Options
    I was actually gifted some by a dealer friend who had them stuffed in the back room. Still looking for the Canada Type and Panama Type. With those two, I think I have a complete set of Dansco foreign Type albums. image
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    Any luck Marty? Find the guys email?
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    With those two, I think I have a complete set of Dansco foreign Type albums.

Could you tell us which ones you got and if your friend has more available for sale?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    These are what I have:

Supreme Albums:
    7207 Canada Dollars
    7220 Mexico Type
    7230 Guatemala Type
    7235 Nicaragua Type
    7240 Cuba Type
    7337 Australia Type
    7447 New Zealand Type
    7450 Hong Kong Type
    7460 Japan Type
    7500 Swiss Type
    7600 Israel Type
    7601 Israel 1948-57

Push in type:
    New Guinea
    Fiji
    Hong Kong
    New Zealand

If anyone has any I need, please let me know!
    -Ryan-