Home Sports Talk
Options

You all might as well jump the Phillies bandwagon now!

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
....because we all know how much butt damage this group does..

The Phillies are going to win it all...yes thats right, 25 years later....another ring...you heard it here first!

You think 16 games of smack is hard, try 10 times that much..bring it on baby, this forum is dead and its a long way to september

JS
GO PHILS

Comments

• Options
    Gemmy10Gemmy10 Posts: 2,990

L*O*L
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our Phils do have a decent chance. I'm usually not a big believer in managerial changes meaning that much in MLB, but in this case I think it should definitely help. The bats will be there, and the pitching hopefully. I know pennants aren't won in April, but the Phils really do need to get off to a good start.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>....because we all know how much butt damage this group does..

The Phillies are going to win it all...yes thats right, 25 years later....another ring...you heard it here first!

You think 16 games of smack is hard, try 10 times that much..bring it on baby, this forum is dead and its a long way to september

JS
    GO PHILS >>

Kevin -

While I am not as encouraged about the Phils prospects for a successful season, it is good to see that you have enough intelligence to pick one Philly team as your favorite.

I hope that they at least make it to the post season, but we may have to wait a year or two.

Hopefully I'll be able to take in a few home games in person, since my job might take me back to Philly for a 12 month stint. This also means I'll be able to use all of my Eagles season tickets.

Now, if we could only convince you that it's much more exciting to be an Eagles fan........

Keith
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    << The Phillies are going to win it all...yes thats right, 25 years later....another ring...you heard it here first! >>

Isn't Wolf still your # 1 starter LMAO image

LETS GO METS ! ! LETS GO METS !!
  • Options

<< <i>....because we all know how much butt damage this group does..

JS
    GO PHILS >>

Only an idiot would say such things. Thome's back will be an issue. Pitching is laughable, and the payroll continues to grow. I wonder what the organization will blame this year now that Bowa is gone. The Phillies - just a bunch of underachievers.

Meanwhile, the Braves keep their mouths shut and continue to win and will repeat this year.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Will be at the Braves opener april 8th and then again on april 9th. Enjoy the first 2 games of the Mets sweep image

Mets 2005 NEXT YEAR IS NOW!!
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    You can argue all you want on the NL east (I think the Marlins/Braves/Mets will battle it out), but the NL belongs to the Cardinals. Lost a couple key players but still the best lineup in the NL and hopefully a pitching staff that can duplicate last year.
  • Options

<< <i>You can argue all you want on the NL east (I think the Marlins/Braves/Mets will battle it out), but the NL belongs to the Cardinals. Lost a couple key players but still the best lineup in the NL and hopefully a pitching staff that can duplicate last year. >>

As a Cubs fan, I hate to say it, but I think you are right. Where's this injury Pujols is supposed to have? The guy is having a great spring and the team is scoringa bunch of runs. With a healthy pitching staff and a closer that will be there all year, the Cards will be tough again.

The Cubs have ??? with Wood and Prior and will have a hard time replacing the homers lost with Alou and Sosa. Burnitz will keep me cool this summer with his fans. If Wood and Prior are healthy and Zambrano continues his ways, the Cubs could challenge the Cards.

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    One thing I will say about the 2005 Phillies is they have an All Star in Chase Utley. This guy is going to be a star. Unfortunatley they still have Ed Wade and Dave Montgomery calling the shots. A subpar pitching staff and a bandbox ballpark will have the Phils not making the playoffs again.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>Will be at the Braves opener april 8th and then again on april 9th. Enjoy the first 2 games of the Mets sweep image

Mets 2005 NEXT YEAR IS NOW!! >>

Is Pedro on the DL yet? If not, plan on him being there as it is an annual ritual for him. I hope Beltrans does well, but Shea is where most good players go to destroy their careers. Other than Pedro, who are the pitchers. The loss of Leiter will hurt, no doubt, and Glavine has yet to prove himself. And when he has a good outing, the offense cannot support him.. Piazza is old and a liability at catcher and 1B. Where is this SS star we have been hearing about......his name is Matsui??? The OF'er has been trade bait all season and that will affect his play.

Come back to reality. Mets will be no better than 2nd in the division image

• Options

<< <i>Where is this SS star we have been hearing about......his name is Matsui??? >>

Matsui moved to second and he's decent, but Reyes has BIG stud potential if he can stay healthy and get his average up. If Wright can be as good as he's expected to be the Mets will have a hell of a lineup. Pitching is suspect because they paid too much for Benson unless he can continue to improve like he started to do last year, and they traded away Kazmir for Zambrano which will also haunt them. Glavine is solid but not spectacular.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Dont forget the addition of ISHII!! That right there makes us world series contenders image

Reyes is having a great spring. keep in mind these new mets can run the bases. matsui reyes cameron wright beltran all capable of over 20 steals. reyes might even hit 60 if stays healthy.
  • Options

<< <i>Dont forget the addition of ISHII!! That right there makes us world series contenders image

Reyes is having a great spring. keep in mind these new mets can run the bases. matsui reyes cameron wright beltran all capable of over 20 steals. reyes might even hit 60 if stays healthy. >>

On a side note, what is the status of the new stadium proposal?

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

Is Pedro on the DL yet? If not, plan on him being there as it is an annual ritual for him.
    Come back to reality. Mets will be no better than 2nd in the division image >>

The same could be said about the supposed vaunted Cubs pitching staff. How many days on the DL do your starters have between them over the past couple of years? And only a team as desperate as the Cubs would blame a fan for them losing a game in the playoffs.

The Cubs are in such a tough division, I don't see them getting any higher than third.

The Mets? They try to spend money like the Yankees, but they don't spend it very wisely. They'll be a novelty with an all-star lineup, but too many egos will prevent them from doing anything. The Braves will again win the division, quietly, but they have arguably the best team management in all of baseball.

• Options
    ohhh good to hear from the NL Central..the CHOKE division..Houston and St Louis have shown up the past year in dresses and
    have got mowed down. St Louis has a pile of great bats but can't touch the ring jewelry. Should be a repeat performance this
    year.

oh did I mention that the Phils wil have two guys over 50 homers this year?

Thanks
    JS
  • Options
    Did someone say choke? Hmm well I guess the closest the Phillies can come to choking is blowing a wild card lead since they can't even make the playoffs. Your 2003 choke to allow the Marlins to win the wild card may not have been on the grand stage but it was a huge choke just the same.
  • Options

<< <i>ohhh good to hear from the NL Central..the CHOKE division..Houston and St Louis have shown up the past year in dresses and
    have got mowed down. St Louis has a pile of great bats but can't touch the ring jewelry. Should be a repeat performance this
    year.

oh did I mention that the Phils wil have two guys over 50 homers this year?

Thanks
    JS >>

How oh how can a phillies fan call anyone else's team a choke? The phillies have epitomized choking the past few years...tons and tons of talent and year in and year out the same result=chokedom.

• Options
    1-0 baby...cmon all there is plenty of room

JS

PS Pat the Bat is batting 1.000
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    The marlins are clearly the best team of NL east.

Cabrera, Lowell and delgado.

Beckett, Willis and Leiter

nuff' said!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options

<< <i>You think 16 games of smack is hard, try 10 times that much..bring it on baby,... >>

OMG! You can't EVEN compare football brutality to baseball, I don't care if baseball plays 10 times the games. There's almost zer0 contact, save for the rare collision at home plate. Other than that, baseball is just a bunch of standing and skipping around. Don't get me wrong. I play the game and love it but, puhleeeeeze.

<< <i>Meanwhile, the Braves keep their mouths shut and continue to win and will repeat this year. >>

Another laugher. Repeat WHAT? Another post season short coming?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Phils haven't won many opening day games the past twenty years. Hopefully this win is a good sign. Even though it was against Washington - I'll take it! Burrell could respond to not having Larry Bowa around with a monster season.

• Options

Smack - is that what you call your ramblings?? Kevin, your predictions are hillarious, you are the Lee Corso of this board. But we (or at least me) will miss you if you were gone!

The Marlins will get into the playoffs this year! And y'all know what happens then.... Ring time, baby!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Meanwhile, the Braves keep their mouths shut and continue to win and will repeat this year. >>

Another laugher. Repeat WHAT? Another post season short coming? >>

Who's your team? For someone who's running their mouth, you should at least identify what bandwagon, err, team you're following.

Braves have won 13 consecutive division titles...yes, they should have won a couple more world series, but hey, that's how it breaks.

• Options
    Is Worrell trying to outdo Rivera? That's two big blow ups in row.
  • Options
    Another blown lead by the Phil's bullpen. I got to see it live at the final home opener at Busch stadium. What a game! But for Phil's fans how long before we start seeing Wagner in the 8th? Madson is a stud, I don't know what happened with him today but I was happy with it.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, good game yesterday, but the Cards are playing like crap today! 10-1 in favor of Philly. The Phillies have a nice lineup.

Shane

• Options
    Again we are getting screwed by the set up men. Worell is a waste..but hey someone needed to tell the cards that this Floyd
    guy isn't a 14 year vet! What domination.

JS
  • Options
    Floyd looked real good today. Myers also threw well this week, I wonder who will get bumped when Padilla returns?
  • Options

Yes, 14 straight division titles and the 2nd most rings in their own division!!!