Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bowers Treasures of the S.S. Republic and April 2005 ANA National Money Show Auction--Are you impres

RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am not. I was expecting a huge rollout of rare and interesting dates and issues. Instead, we get another very limited offering of mostly common dates and a single newly discovered variety (1850-O $20) that nobody really cares about. And, to add insult to injury, the reserve prices (starting prices) are insultingly high. The distribution of these coins has been painfully slow. I was hoping to acquire a nice New Orleans $10 piece for my collection--at this rate, it won't happen in my lifetime! (I'm 39)

Comments

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would tend to agree with your comments....I'll be spending usual time going over lots but does not seem that exciting....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Received the "Treasures Of The S.S. Republic" catalog today.. There are a few; BUT they all look good.. You will see records set for these coins.
  • Options
    FatManFatMan Posts: 8,977
    I received the catalog on Friday at work but unfortunately my dog got a hold of it and shredded much of it all over the lobby floor. I had planned to re-assemble it on Monday to see if there is anything of interest. But after your review it may not be worth the time.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dug up from the cellar.

I watched a coin show last nite on DirecTV with an 1857 S $10 Gold Eagle in PCGS plastic. It sold for over ten grand.
    There was also a PAN PAC, but I fell asleep and missed that one.
    Just a bump because I'm more impressed with history that's been made than the Liberty Gold Spouse Coin that is still in the incubator image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file