Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

For those who have contacted me about my collection.

I will not go thru the list here.

As you know, long term unemployment will force the auction of my collection this fall if the situation does not change by then, but auctions usually result in significant sellers premiums & wait times to get paid.

For those who might be interested in hearing what I have or to make offers on coins now, I am open to hear your offers, allthough at this point without having to sell yet and without the benefit of the competition of an auction I would not part with them for wholesale/bargin prices but every coin will be for sale [for the right price] except my icon coin.

pm me if interested or again if you pm'd me last year. Yes, this includes the 1892 S barber half in pcgs 66.

Les
The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sentimage
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Les: Does your collection include other types of coins in addition to the Barber series??

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Thanks for all the inquires the past 24 hours.

Most of the responces were not in relation to the list I posted last year asking for selling tips should the time come that I had to sell, so most of the people that pm'd me didn't know what I have.

So rather then tell each and every person seperatly, I will retype the list.

2 Things I won't do are sending coins out on approval [due mainly to the fact I have no coin insurance]. And I will not consign to a dealer [at least not at this time] however that is an option as I get closer to the time I run out of money to pay my bills and have to sell.

In the mean time, I am open to offers for the people who pm'd me last year about specific coins, and to everyone else who pm'd me the last 24 hours I will get a new list with descriptions typed sometime this week.

Thanks & happy Easter, Les

The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    O.K., here goes alot of typing with 1 finger !!!

1. My 2nd favorite coin and the most valuable in my collection, [this will not go cheap even if I lose my house !!!] 1892 S Barber half graded m.s. 66 by pcgs- 2 graded in 66/ 1 better Description; decent strike but not razor sharp, puffy clean cheek & fields but their is a hit in the hair just off the crown that looks like someone jabbed it with the point of a pen. The luster is absoulutly full on both sides with thick golden toning on both sides.
    Carbon spot just above the left side of the wheat stock on the reverse. {SOLD}

2. 1914 proof 67 buffalo nickle graded so by pcgs.
    flashy for a matt proof with some golden toning in the center on both sides, the strike is razor sharp and free from any visible marks.

3. 1876 S trade dollar graded m.s. 64 by pcgs, the obverse has blotchy golden brown toning with a little purple mixed in and blue by the date also very few marks for a 64, the head is sharply struck but the 3 stars to the right of the head are weakly struck or "filled". The reverse of this coin is absolutly beautifull with light multi colored toning with reds, blues, purple and some golden color also free from any major marks. [SOLD]

4. 1884 seated quarter graded m.s. 66 by pcgs, I did a thread about the value numismedia put on this coin last month [of course numismedia is fullo"crap about it] but they say its worth 7250 image, er...I mean they must be right cause who am I to argue with numismedia ??? Anyway the luster is the flashy kind which is typical for a low mintage date [8000 plus] the surfaces are very clean, the strike is sharp, I question the originality because the coin has light golden toning with many areas of blast white silver peaking through but it has pleasing eye appeal.

5. 1859 Indian cent graded pcgs m.s. 64. Bronze in color, free from marks but Mike Printz who sold me the coin told me to many light carbon flecks for a 65. I don't see that many but the luster is full & flashy. [SOLD]

6. 1857 Flying Eagle cent graded m.s. 64 by pcgs. The obverse is red at the rim and slightly in from the rim all the way around, then going into the eagle . the coin is toned into a dark blue, the reverse is completly red. The strike is sharp on both sides. I paid extra for this one [and so will you if you want it {LOL}.

7. 1861 Seated Quarter graded m.s. 65 by pcgs.
    If you like Original non Picaso looking toning this is it. Picture available from the Heritage auction archive from the first Long Beach sale of 2002.
    The obverse has extremly clean surfaces for the grade of 66, yep, I said for the grade of 66 but the color on the coin is a thick skinned silver/grey on the obverse & a light purple on the reverse with a heavy crecent of crusty color near the reverse rim to the left of the eagle. You may not like that if you like your coins dipped, er...I mean "blast white", but perhaps that is why the coin is only graded m.s. 65. The strike is average at best with the stars being somewhat weakly struck.

8. 1835 Bust Dime [formerly owned by Bustman] graded m.s. 64 by pcgs. I am no expert on Bust coinage but here is my description, sharply struck in all details that I notice, The obverse has multi colored toning on the the rims only and white in the center with very clean surfaces but the luster has the typical brake in the fields that most Bust dimes that I've seen do, the reverse luster is better with some color on the rim and in the center is golden toning. [SOLD]

9. 1861 3 cent silver graded m.s. 66 by pcgs, picture available from Heritage auction archive {I'll have to look up the date] This coin is absolutly beautiful with outstanding luster & blue & gold color on the obverse with a decent strike, the reverse has some of the same color near the rims with an untoned center. Why Heritage said the coin was sharply struck is a mystery to me, the reverse is so weakly struck you can barely make out the Rowman numeral III inside the C and the C isn't full either, but the coin is very clean and extremly pretty on the obverse. [SOLD]

10. 1892 barber quarter graded m.s. 65 by pcgs.
    This was the first coin I purchased when I got back into the hobby in 1999, very clean for a 65 with a sharp strike on both sides and what appears to be pink envelope or paper toning on otherwise untoned surfaces over about a third of the obverse and only near the rim on the reverse. [SOLD]

Thats it for now, the rest of my coins are either worth so little they wouldn't raise alot of cash anyway or in the case of the little gold that I own, I want to hold onto it as long as I can, in case the economy tanks and I can make some extra money on it if I have to sell this fALL.

Every coin I listed here plus the others I did not will be sold this fall by auction or consignment if I'm not working by this fall.

Les

• Options
    ttt

Make an offer, the worst I'll do is say no.

Les
  • Options
    ttt
  • Options
    barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,229
    ttt
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Purchased the 92-S half from Les.

It's a beauty and a great addition to my set. Will have pics posted soon, of ENTIRE set, professionally done. Stay tuned
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    TTT

For anyone interested in looking at my stuff at moon this is most of what I have.

Les
  • Options
    I'll be at M.O.O.N in Brooklyn Center, Mn. tommorow bright & early. I'm getting a dealer badge to try to make some deals before the show starts.

Please ask me if you would be interested in looking at any of my coins Friday.

Thanks,

Les