Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds in, McGwire not with Hall voters March 25, 2005

Comments

• Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    A lot can change in two years, who knows how new developments may sway the voters in one way or the other. He may no longer get in on the first round but I imagine he will still make it. This Jayson Stark article is one of the best I've read on the subject Stark
  • Options

CardsFan,

I agree... Excellent! He will get in one day!

Thanks for posting!
    THANKS,

...1991 TOPPS Desert Shield Baseball Card Collector
    .....Since 1991 HOOAH!

S1991TOPPS@aol.com ">myemailaddress
  • Options
    What a stupid poll.

Bonds in, Mcgwire out? Are they kidding or what?

There is 0 proof Mcgwire took steroids and there is 100% proof that Bonds did take them (even though he says he did not know what they were).

All anyone has over Mcgwire is that he basically pleaded the 5th at the hearings, which is a right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

I am not saying I do not believe Mcgwire never took roids, I do believe he did. But it seems silly that the HOF would actually take one 500 Homerun hitter and ban him or not elect him based off a popular notion that he took steroids and was named in Canseco's book, while letting into the HOF a KNOWN STEROID USER who went on to break the season HR record (right after the time period his mistriss testified to a Grand Jury that he took steroids) and went on 700+ Homeruns (and maybe the career HR record).

That is just plain STUPID. Poll or not. Absolutely STUPID.

Either they let them all in or they don't let them in. Picking and choosing which few to let in and which few to shut the door on is crazy. Especially, if they have NO PROOF of the steroid use. In Bond's case...they have it. Plain and simple. They have it.

• Options
    ...also...Bond's testimony at that Congessional Hearing, if he were present, would have been virtually IDENTICAL to Mcgwire's.

Especially with the BALCO Trial looming over his head. His lawyers would have instructed him to say the same crap as Mcgwire did.

But he was conveniently allowed to miss the hearing.

• Options
    DavinoDavino Posts: 333
    I believe that Bonds is a 100% HOF'er, steroids or not, he's won so many MVP's and been very consistent throughout his career. McGwire was basically 1 dimensional, but a HOF'er, too, not 1st ballot. Bonds doesn't strike out as much, didn't he hit .370 with a ton of HR's a few years back, steroids don't make that happen.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>Iwith a ton of HR's a few years back, steroids don't make that happen. >>

Uhhhhh.....

are you kidding me?

These types of polls are just stupid. These HoF voters and their attempts at playing morality cop make me sick.