Home Sports Talk
Options

Who will be the AL and NL MVP's in '05

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think you know who my answer is in the NL.

I think Albert Pujols will run away with the NL award this year. This guy is scary (for the opposition, that is).

The AL is a little tougher. Maybe Alex Rodriguez will have a monster year. With him being in the limelight of NY, he may win it in the AL.

What do y'all think?

Shane

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I think you know who my answer is in the NL.

I think Albert Pujols will run away with the NL award this year. This guy is scary (for the opposition, that is).

The AL is a little tougher. Maybe Alex Rodriguez will have a monster year. With him being in the limelight of NY, he may win it in the AL.

What do y'all think? >>

In the NL, I will agree on Pujols, especially if the Cardinals can take the NL Central. After the problems the Cubs reported with Prior and Wood this week, I think it will be easier for the Cardinals to win the NL central, but I'm not giving up anything....yet.

In the AL, it will be tough for ARod to win since he now plays on the Yankees. Not only will he be held to a higher standard, but I believe the last time a RH hitter had 40+ homers in Yankee Stadium was Joe DiMaggio. I think you will need 40+ home runs to win a MVP in today's day and age.

Having said that, there is one player who can win a MVP with little home runs and that is Ichiro. I hope he is a candidate again this year as he is very exciting to watch. just too bad he plays on Seatlle and most of the country never hears of his accomplishments until the next day or later in the week.

However, my choice will be Manny Ramirez of the Red SOx. The guy is simply a powerful hitting machine.

GOOD TOPIC!!

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Good point about Manny!

Now, about A Rod, that is the point. I think A Rod will hit over 40 home runs. I think he will have a great year.

Shane

• Options
    ????? What about the guy who won the AL MVP last year--I guess he's washed up eh? Vladdy will not only win it this year, but I believe he is the ONLY legit threat to play on a decent team and have a chance to hit .350 with 40++ homers. What you've seen from Vladdy so far is just icing on the cake, I truly believe he can win multiple batting titles and home run titles--he realistically has the best shot at the triple crown because you aren't going to see .340 days out of Arod ever again. The icing on the cake is because of his incredibly slim waist and long arms (no bulk), you know this guy ain't on roids--come on everybody, cheer for one of the good guys for once! ( I also don't believe Arod is on roids for what's it worth, even though I can't stand the guy).

In the NL, I agree completely, Pujols will take it, even if the Cards don't win the Central.

Jay
  • Options

<< <i>????? What about the guy who won the AL MVP last year--I guess he's washed up eh? Vladdy will not only win it this year, but I believe he is the ONLY legit threat to play on a decent team and have a chance to hit .350 with 40++ homers. What you've seen from Vladdy so far is just icing on the cake, I truly believe he can win multiple batting titles and home run titles--he realistically has the best shot at the triple crown because you aren't going to see .340 days out of Arod ever again. The icing on the cake is because of his incredibly slim waist and long arms (no bulk), you know this guy ain't on roids--come on everybody, cheer for one of the good guys for once! ( I also don't believe Arod is on roids for what's it worth, even though I can't stand the guy).

In the NL, I agree completely, Pujols will take it, even if the Cards don't win the Central.

Jay >>

I should be ashamed of myself for not looking at Vlad. Definite candidate.

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    NL - I like Pujols with Beltran and Cabrera as other possibilities. Although I'm sure it will be Bonds again unless the lack of "the cream" creates a major drop off in production (I'm surprised no one mentioned him since he was won the last 4).

AL - Tough to go against Vlady if he stays healthy.
  • Options
    Nope, I don't think Bonds has a shot this year! He's may be out for the year. I still think Pujols would win, even if Bonds wasn't injured.

Shane

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Cabrera is going to be a household name soon, and this is his year. Ortiz wins it in the AL.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options

<< <i>I think you know who my answer is in the NL.

I think Albert Pujols will run away with the NL award this year. This guy is scary (for the opposition, that is). What do y'all think? >>

Pujols gets it because Bonds is out, injured most of the year.

• Options
    My opinion is that Pujols would get the MVP anyway.

Shane