Home Sports Talk
Options

Who Was Smoking Crack When Setting Up The 2005 NCAA Tourney???????

Univ Of Louisville #4 in the Coaches Poll. #4 seed in the tourney???
Are you chiting me???? image

Comments

• Options
    Louisville a 4 seed? I pretty much thought the same thing........What, are they kidding?

Looking through the brackets it might be for the best though. The lack of respect should get them pumped and who knows, with the weakest # 1 seed this might be their best chance for making the round of 8.

It seems a number of teams were greatly elevated due to their conference playoff showings. It will definitely make for some great matchups.

Charlotte received a # 7 seed even though they lost their last three games by large margins. Not that I'm complaining, I attended UNC-Charlotte when they won the Sun Belt and it was a great experience.
    Currently collecting

Vintage golf, 1981-82 Donruss golf, and a few other odds and ends.

• Options
    What's their RPI and SoS? Those are much more important than the coach's poll. They're a good team, and despite their seed, they get to play close to home so that's a plus. IMO, the weakness of CUSA, and their marginal victory over Memphis is what kept them down.

Brian
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    The brackets seemed pretty fair to me. The folk setting up the tourney have said all year they would place importance on the entire body of work, and not just the last part of the season.

Lousville had a weaker SOS and RPI than either Gonzaga or Wake Forest, and all 3 had nearly identical records. Hell, Louisville should have lost their conference tournament, but the kid shooting those free throws at the end of the game choked.

RPI Ranking

4th seeding is still very respectable, and coach can use this for fuel and the whole 'lack of respect' speech.
  • Options
    Wins and losses are all that are used here. Okay. The number 4 ranked team gets seated at #16.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Congrats to Louisville, they played damn near perfect, and GT had no answers. I've seen several 'Ville games and that's the best I've seen them play. Washington won their game by steam-rolling Pacific. That should be one helluva game between them. I really don't see the winner of the WVU/TTU game beating the winner of this game.

Brian
  • Options
    with all the upsets this year I suspect that most brackets are all screwed up already.
  • Options
    Well. Crack kills!!
  • Options

<< <i>Univ Of Louisville #4 in the Coaches Poll. #4 seed in the tourney???
    Are you chiting me???? image >>

seems like you were right! they shoud have been a #1 seed! They are KICKING ASS!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>

seems like you were right! they shoud have been a #1 seed! They are KICKING ASS! >>

Hindsight is always 20/20.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

seems like you were right! they shoud have been a #1 seed! They are KICKING ASS! >>

Hindsight is always 20/20. >>

Hindsight?? I knew and posted that Louisville got screwed on the seeding. Now they're stuck out west instead of in the east.
  • Options
    mrc32mrc32 Posts: 604
    Go CARDS!

I went to the Nashville games and I'll be selling my soul for a Final 4 ticket if they make it
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be selling my soul for a Final 4 ticket if they make it >>

They are already going for over $1500 for the worst seats. I think I'll just watch the Illini win it from the comfort of my recliner image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ILL

INI

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    The Rollercoaster continues!! image
  • Options
    man - Illinois may not even be able to beat this Louisville team! they are on fire!
  • Options
    If UNC wins tomorrow then at least 3 of the final four teams have all looked dead at times – trailing by 15 or more, but managed to win. Although, I don't think the Illini will get the same generosity from the refs outside of their home state - they're favored by 3 over Louisville - should be a great game.

Brian
  • Options
    What great games saturday and sunday!! That tournament high is fabulous!! image
  • Options
    Pep rally in downtown Louisville drew over 16000 people. College basketball is very much loved here. image
  • Options
    It's getting ready to get crazy hear in St.Louis. I heard they are expecting 32 busses from North Carolina and who knows how many from other teams. People are having to go 40+ miles outside of the city to find a hotel.
  • Options
    Good luck to Illinois Cards Fan!! image
  • Options
    Good luck to Louisville, it should be a great game. I just hope final four isn't a let down after all the great action last weekend.