Home Sports Talk

NCAA Tournament Sleepers.

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who is your sleeper. After watching the Kentucky/LSU game, I will go with LSU. They could do some damage.

Shane

Comments

• I wouldn't have said so a month ago, but I think Georgia Tech could slay a few giants along the way... Jack and Elder and their Walton look-a-like in the middle (Schensher sp?) is the kind of nucleus I look for in a sleeper team... don't sleep on Pacific either.
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actuall meant to mention GT also. I agree 100%.

Shane

• Mac53Mac53 Posts: 805
    Texas Tech. Knight is still the best coach in the game, and Tech could come out of that bracket pretty easily.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image

• << <i>Texas Tech. Knight is still the best coach in the game, and Tech could come out of that bracket pretty easily. >>

Bwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Thanks, needed that!
    Am I speaking Chinese?

Great, that's just what I need. One more poster ragging on me. Oh happy day!
  • I think Syracuse could cause some trouble.
  • For a real longshot, UtahSt could raise hell in the Chicago region. They matchup well with Zona and could upset.

Brian
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭

• << <i>I think Syracuse could cause some trouble. >>

Unfortunately their trouble making days are over for this year. Never thought they would lose in the first round.imageimageimage
    Collecting vintage material, currently working on 1962 topps football set.
  • I've done a crappy job of calling upsets thus far, but I'll go out on a limb here - NCST will beat UConn tomorrow.

Brian
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I pick Villanova over Florida, I am optimistic about Utah and that has worked. TT has been a surprise as I already mentioned in another thread. It is turning out to be a great tourney

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I'm not hoping for a Villanova win. Florida is only giving a piont in the spread so I had to put my money on Florida. The Cincy/Kentucky game is one of the best I've seen all tournament, I'd like to see Kentucky get knocked out.
    I think Utah is one of the best coached teams I've seen this year. That center of theirs sees the floor like a point guard. I just don't know if they have the firepower to go much further.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    What a great game last night between Wake Forest and West Virginia - even though Wake losing blew up my bracket, you have to admire how tough West Virginia fought against a more talented team. Best game I've seen in quite a while...

NCState does indeed have a good shot at beating UConn tommorrow. UConn has no outside game at all, they are a very overrated #2.
    I had Wake in the final Four loosing to Illinois. WV played a great game as did UWMilwaukee. What a tournament...

• GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    I had Wake in the Final 4 also, and also losing to Illinois. I can't believe I picked Syracuse in ther Final 4. image
  • Yet another upset brewing - SouthIll is up 7 on OkieSt. If they hang on, only one 2 seed would have made the sweet 16!
  • CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    I really like the Southern Illinois team. I hope they can hang on because they play a fun to watch style - plus I bet alot of money on them.
  • This is the 1st year in many that I did not fill in a bracket and pay the requisite $10-20 to a pool... figured there would be some serious parity this year and all I can say is WOW. I did not expect THIS many upsets... my #1 sleeper GT still alive among other ACC teams...

WV goin down for sure, 2 OTs and they have already blown their emotional load on WF last night... what a game.

Again, FADE WV... easy, easy $$$$ imo.

what a tourney!
    Well, Michigan State and Wisconsin made it... As did Villanova. GT really was a disappointment, but in all fairness Louisville is playing as if they have something to prove which is dangerous for those in their path