Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Steve Leones 1982 Topps Set...THE BOMB!

This guys set is awesome. I purchased a group of cards from him and--for the first time this year--was astounded by the appeal and technical merit of these Gem Mint examples. He is meticulous when screening his stuff and the eye-appeal is just fantastic. A very happy buyer over here. I posted this to let the registry guys know that this guy knows how to assemble a set! Quality never goes out of style.

dgf

Comments

• Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    who is he? how do we contact him? im interested in a decent 82 topps traded set (without ripken as i have in 8)

loth
  • StumpStump Posts: 927
    I have dealt with him. He is from my home state here in Michigan and lives about an hour and a half awayin a small town called Big Rapids. He is first class all the way and has an awesome 82 set.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • CreeperKatCreeperKat Posts: 393 ✭✭
    If you are looking for info or cards from the '82 Topps, Steve is the man. Our dealing started a long time ago with a 1982 Johnny Bench card I had. We either sold or traded for the card which, I have to admit, I wasn't completely sure about doing. That transaction paid itself over 10 fold in seeing the collection it went to. His cards are top notch and he is an all-around great person.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Dave, I live 12 miles away from Big Rapids!!! Any info would be appreciated. What else does he have?
    e-mail bosko56@charter.net

And I thought I moved into a no card zone! image
  • Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    anybody got his email??
  • lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    The set registry list his email as: sleone@tucker-usa.com
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    He has called me to talk about his set.
    He indeed has a passion for this, great job! ...jay
  • PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    Right after I got to 100% on my 1981 Topps set, Steve sent me a congratulatory e-mail out of the blue. Never had spoken to him before, but I thought it was a real nice gesture. We exchanged several emails talking about our sets. Nice to know someone else out there is silly enough to do an 80's topps graded set.
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    lets hear it for '80's graded sets!!
    Bob
  • BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    If anyone wants to chase Steve's set, I can help them out with a psa 10 1982 topps Dickie Thon. $8 delivered. PM if you want the mighty Thon.

Brian
  • Steve has helped me tremendously in my search for graded 1982 Topps Milwaukee Brewers cards! Whether trading me some of his tough 1/1's or pointing out a new auction on the bay, he's been top notch all the way.
  • BkritzBkritz Posts: 1,093 ✭✭
    If anyone wants a psa 9 1982 Vida Blue IA, $4 delivered. PM and I will send it to you.

Bkritz
  • I just joined the boards and wanted to thank everyone that has helped me with the 82 Topps Baseball
    Registry set. I'm getting close to finishing the set after nearly 4 years of working on it. I really enjoyed
    discussing 82's, and collecting in general. I even got to meet a few of you in person which was great.
    Good luck to you on all future endeavors. Thanks to dgf for the kind words in the original post and also for sharing some of that great collecting/baseball knowledge with me,what a guy! I appreciate it!

Steve
  • Welcome aboard.
    I'm always interested in Brewers 9's and 10's I need for my team set so feel free to drop me a PM if you can help!
  • I have purchased a number of cards for my 1982 Red Sox Team set from Steve. He is top notch all the way. Lothar 52, I have an email address of Steve's that I have communicated with Steve to buy cards. Send me a PM and I will send it to you. Great guy all around
    I only need a couple of cards to finsish my set. It is listed as Monkey Man's 1982 Red Sox. If anyone can help, let me know.

I have also some doubles of 1982 Red Sox (PSA 9s) if anyone is interested.

Brian
    Brian

• bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Welcome Steve !

You have a great set, and thanks for all the kind words and help via email.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just joined the boards and wanted to thank everyone that has helped me with the 82 Topps Baseball
    Registry set. I'm getting close to finishing the set after nearly 4 years of working on it. I really enjoyed
    discussing 82's, and collecting in general. I even got to meet a few of you in person which was great.
    Good luck to you on all future endeavors. Thanks to dgf for the kind words in the original post and also for sharing some of that great collecting/baseball knowledge with me,what a guy! I appreciate it!

Steve >>

It is nice to hear from someone who has a passion for an 80s set. It is great to have a fellow Michigander on the boards!! Hope to correspond with you, I have been deliberating on collecting 82s or 83s. Still in the deciding period though leaning towards the 83 set.
  • brianwintersfan I hope you received my pm, that was my first attempt and my computer skills are not the best!

Stingray,I tried to send you a pm but failed,sorry about that. Could you email me at stevelee779@hotmail.com when you have some time? Great to hear from you and glad to hear you're
    considering doing 82 or 83 Topps!

bri2327,great to hear from you, I'll stay in touch! Thanks!

BostonBrian, glad I was able to help with the Red Sox team set, I may have one more that can be graded that will help your set. Waiting for a 5.00 special! I'll stay in touch.

• PM received and replied to.
    Thanks! image
  • Steve

Welcome aboard. Congrats on the set. It is good to have another Michigan guy here

Dave Jacobs
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Thanks Dave, it was great to meet you in person when you were in town. You helped get the 82 set going
    in a big way, I really appreciate it!