Home U.S. Coin Forum

My Holy Grail -- Textile Toned Peace $ from Long Beach!!

I couldn't believe it, but there was in fact another -- picked this one up from TBT, nice but the textile is not as uniform, though the colors are much nicer!

Since I'm on the subject of unusally toned Peace $ -- this one is defintely different. And the obversed toned so that there's a cool cameo effect -- imagine if Peace $ were ever made as a true mirrored proof!

And so the hunt continues!

TPN

Comments

• ERER Posts: 7,345
  • LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    imageimage
  • TonedCoinTraderTonedCoinTrader Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭
    I saw the first 1922 Textile PEACE in hand @ LB the Textile on that baby is AMAZING!!!

Nice meeting you there TPN.image

Scott

Toned Coins for sale @ tonedcointrader.com
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice color!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

• << <i>Nice meeting you there TPN. >>

Same here -- BTW, Scott's avatar is just simply awe inspiring. His pic doesn't capture the true colors or brillance of the coin. It's one of the prettiest JFKs I have ever seen.

TPN
  • I saw these in person also and the colors are amazing for Peace dollarsimage

Cameron Kiefer
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Nice toned Peace dollars are hard to come by.

-----------

etexmike
  • robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    That first '22 is AWESOME!
  • OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...this is actually causing me to like Peace bucks...must start series.

• << <i>Hmmm...this is actually causing me to like Peace bucks...must start series. >>

It's funny you say that. When I first started collecting toned Peace $ a few years ago no one was really that interested in them. I would walk the bourse going from dealer to dealer asking if he had any and was often met with the same answer "you're collecting what????"
    then the dealer would tell me not to waste my time, there weren't any to be found. And when I did find them, they were usually cheap.

Now, I ask a dealer and its always -- "yeah you and everybody else wants one."

Luckily I was able to pick up most of mine for nice prices, seeing as now some are selling for $3000+

Good luck with it if you do -- they're hard to find toned, and even harder to find accurately graded and PQ for the grade.

TPN
  • ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭
    That first one is incredible!

Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know an ex-board member that has been looking for a textile Peace$ for years as well. Glad you
    found one first. I think the other guy was kind of a jerk anywayimage.

I can't say I've seen one of these and they sure look kind of odd.... but I know Peace$ tone weird anyway.
    And they were probably stored in different bags than the Morgans I suspect.
    Congratulations as I know you're pretty excited.

On a side note, that first one has that look of a Binion with that green and red on the neck area.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Of the three you posted, I like the reverse of the third the best. That kind of color is very rare on Peace dollars.
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Maybe you could bring them to the Anaheim Show some time. image

Excellent Coins. Every one!
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome! image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295

<< <i>On a side note, that first one has that look of a Binion with that green and red on the neck area. >>

Without a doubt, that's a Binion coin.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    sweetness!!

Those are HepKitty approved!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

• << <i>Congratulations as I know you're pretty excited. >>

Excited is actually an understatement. image And Thanks! All in all -- I was just at the right place at the right time.

<< <i>Without a doubt, that's a Binion coin. >>

I'm not sure, I know its got the typical colors, but it isn't holdered as a Binion. Does anyone know if NGC slabbed any Binions without putting the coin into the Binion slab? It's an older slab -- NGC 7 -- according to Conder's book. (1987 -- July 2001) When were the Binions slabbed?

<< <i>Maybe you could bring them to the Anaheim Show some time? >>

I'll bring them in March. See ya there.

TPN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file