Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So Long Beach is over and Cameron says he aced the WSG!

All Hail Cammy, king of the graders!!!
It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

Comments

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>All Hail Cammy, king of the graders!!! >>

I heard David Hall was going to get another $50 from him at the next LB since he fell woefully short once again. image
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭
    I watched him grade some coins at LB- he's a grading wizardimage
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmmm - I took it last thing Saturday. I doubt anybody aced it ... even though it was mostly Saints, Morgans and Peace dollars.
  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    I bet they all got bodybagged.image

-Daniel
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • Options
    You know, it would be nice if he aced it and got hired as a grader. We would really miss his informitive posts! image

NOT!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmmm - I took it last thing Saturday. I doubt anybody aced it ... even though it was mostly Saints, Morgans and Peace dollars. >>

I agree.

I never said I aced it. I think it was a bad grouping of coins and not a wide selection of different types like last year.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it was a bad grouping of coins and not a wide selection of different types like last year.

Cameron Kiefer >>

Preemptive rationalization.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it was a bad grouping of coins and not a wide selection of different types like last year.

Cameron Kiefer >>

Preemptive rationalization.

Russ, NCNE >>

Coming from a guy who bashes me in every grading thread yet doesn't take the test himself. Put up or shut up Russ.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    Aced it? He didn't place last year.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options

<< <i>Aced it? He didn't place last year. >>

And I never said I aced it this year either.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options

<< <i>Coming from a guy who bashes me in every grading thread yet doesn't take the test himself. Put up or shut up Russ.

Cameron Kiefer >>

That time of the month, I see. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭
    Tsk Tsk.....now now, boys; don't fight.image
    I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I would have liked a crack at a Saint-heavy assortment...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>All Hail Cammy, king of the graders!!! >>

Cameron you sure are boastful. I will take the under at a score of 40

image >>

You sure are...... I never said what Marty is claiming I said and last year I did better then 40%.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You sure are...... I never said what Marty is claiming I said and last year I did better then 40%.

If I recall, it was a solid 42.5 image Camoron Keifer >>

• Options
    <Cameron you sure are boastful. I will take the under at a score of 40>

I'll take the over...
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    Looks like Russ is yanking your chain or is just in a mean mood. Good luck Cameron. I'll tell you my score when I take the test in Baltimore.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    Well Cameron, looks like the bashing clan has set you up for a Gang Bang again. They make up something you didn't say and then take turns dumping on you for it.

Nice to know we have such amiable types here. Get your rest children, there's school tomorrow.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heck I am just pulling his chain as well. I am sure he will end up in the top quartile. >>

I am too, but if he doesn't place I can't wait to see the picture with the big L on Cammy's forehead!!!

• Options

Edit: blah you can't see the picture, it's canned spam.

-Daniel
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

-Horace
  • Options
    So how well did you do Marty, since you want to see someone else lose so bad, did you even have the guts to TRY???
  • Options
    Are the test slabs the same design as last year?
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a side question, can anyone ever grade a large number of ICG graded slabs without going cross-eyed?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Well, I didnt miss on a single coin...................................because,

I didnt take the test. Its always better to be though an idiot, then

go ahead and prove it to everyone.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    I believe Cameron said he aced a paternity test not the WSG test.
  • Options

<< <i>So how well did you do Marty, since you want to see someone else lose so bad, did you even have the guts to TRY??? >>

Marty proves his prowess everytime his grades are posted!
  • Options

<< <i>So how well did you do Marty, since you want to see someone else lose so bad, did you even have the guts to TRY??? >>

Oh hell no, I can't grade coins and never have claimed to be able to do so! Just look at my submissions they suck! That's why I have the honor of having the MR AU58 License plate on my car!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Ben

not true at all, not even close as a comparison. it's one thing to look at hundreds of coins in your specialty area, pick the best and submit them for grading.............entirely another to look at "unknowns" and grade them vs. the already holdered grade. while Cameron may be annoying, HisMadNess holds his own in that area at times and had the chance to step up to the plate in Florida, yet he was a no-show. fair is fair.

al h.image
  • Options
    Sorry, just because you step up to the plate and take some sort of grading test does not make you a great grader. Look at Cam's score from last year. It speaks for itself!
  • Options
    Cameron was under a lot of pressure on this one, there were a lot of perks riding on him placing. (I just wish I would find the thread where he says he would win!). There were a lot of board members that were going to take care of the winner! (I for one was going to fly out to CA and buy the boy a steak dinner, but if he didn't win he had to take a picture of himself with a big L on his forehead!).

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to Cameron for taking the test.
    I would take the test, but my ego doesn't need that kind of reality check.image
  • Options
    I don't know about all the he said, they said stuff and maybe Cameron does have a little bit of ribbing coming his way but I think it takes a little bit of gumption just to put one's abilities on the line. image
    Jeff

Semper ubi sub ubi
  • Options

<< <i>Are the test slabs the same design as last year? >>

Yes, blue label, no barcode with just a small number in the middle of the label.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202

<< <i>Kudos to Cameron for taking the test. >>

I agree. Better to have done it no matter what the outcome then to have not taken it and sit back and throw stones!!!
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    What about the rest of the people who took the test? I doubt that Cam was the only one from here to take the test.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

I will take the under at a score of 40

I would take the over on that. I'd likely take the over if the line was set at 50! He may be an easy target, but he can grade a bit. Go Cammy!

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could mistakenly call every coin a counterfeit or AT and still score 40! image
  • Options
    Let's see. Cammie scored a 52.5 last year. I predict that he will better that by around 13 points and score in the mid 60's.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Let's see. Cammie scored a 42.5 last year. I predict that he will better that by around 13 points and score in the mid 50's.

Russ, NCNE >>

What's the criteria of the contest?
    3 Jonesy Dammit Girls...CLW POTD!!! 10/9/05 image
  • Options

<< <i>Cammie scored a 42.5 last year. >>

I scored 52.5 last year.

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    burn

-Daniel

-Aristotle

-Horace

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file