Home Sports Talk
Options

Bonds is an ignorant fool

1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
From an ESPN article ...

Bonds believes he's being scrutinized more since he's closing in on Ruth's record.

"Because Babe Ruth is one of the greatest baseball players ever, and Babe Ruth ain't black, either," he said. "I'm black. Blacks, we go through a little more. ... I'm not a racist though, but I live in the real world. I'm fine with that."

What a stooge he is.

collecting various PSA and SGC cards

Comments

• Options
    What a clown.
  • Options
    CardsFanCardsFan Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭
    Playing the race card. He seems to do this alot.
  • Options
    Anyone hear his press conference today? I heard part of it but I'd like to know more of what he said.
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know he is black! image

Where the hell have I been? image
    Wondo

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    who cares, he was on roids, everything he ever did will always be questioned. He could hit 500 more home runs, he will never be the
    greatest!

JS
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    I WATCHED IT He handled himself well i thought. I am not a bonds fan but he gave it to the media. i respect him more now.
  • Options
    I had respect for Bonds BEFORE this Steroids situation was brought out by the grand jury. Giambi did the right thing, Bonds just made it worse on himself with his I didnt know crap.

I hope Bonds does NOT break the record, last year at this time I wanted him to. Keep on walkin him...
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Stalin I disagree with you. He is the Greatest, the all time greatest butt-nugget to ever live. Overpaid fool!image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I WATCHED IT He handled himself well i thought. I am not a bonds fan but he gave it to the media. i respect him more now. >>

You respect him because he didn't answer a single question about him 'unknowingly' taking steroids?

The man has lied, cheated, and stole his way to 703 HRs...the man will NEVER been seen as the greatest of anything, let alone the best HR hitter, even if/when he does break the record.

He 'gave it' to the media? He was a baby up there, afraid to be a man when he should step up and say he did roids, he's sorry. Bonds will never do any of this, even though everyone else KNOWS he has done roids.

Bonds is more of a joke than Canseco...Canseco (while with an agenda) came out and said yes I did roids...Bonds is a pathetic, little, speck of dirt.
  • Options
    AXTELL WHERES YOUR PROOF?? PEOPLE ARE WAITING?WHERE IS YOUR PROOF MANTLE MARIS AARON ETC.. DIDNT TAKE THEM??

READ ARNOLD'S BOOK ROIDS HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE 1940! SO GIVE ME PROOF??? IM WAITING ON WHO DID AND WHO DID NOT?

AGAIN NOT A BONDS FAN! BUT IF YOU CAN SWEAR THAT NO ONE IN THE 50'S OR 60'S NEVER TOOK THEM THEN ILL SHUT UP! I WANT PROOF!
  • Options
    Did you see any of these players bulking up like Bonds did 37 years old+?

Did you see any of these players hitting 73 HRs in a season?

Did you see any of these players starting as hit-for-average hitter, then late in his career turn into a pure power hitter?

Did you see any of these players' hate sizes increase a full size after age 30?

The era from 1993-who knows when is going to be known as the steroid era...and it's funny, players who hit home runs never interested me....I'd rather watch Ichiro any day of the week than any home run hitter.
  • Options
    AXTELL IF YOUR REFERING TO BONDS HE HAS 7 MVP'S SINCE DATING BACK TO 1991 I THINK. YOU THINK HE WAS JUICING THEN? MCGWIRE HIT 49 HRS HIS ROOKIE YEAR WAS HE JUICING?

DID YOU SEE MARIS GO FROM 35 HR'S TO 61?? BRADY ANDERSON 18 TO 50? MARIS SEEMS LIKE ANDERSON TO ME. ROIDS WERE AROUND BACK THEN BELIEVE IT OR NOT! IM NOT SAYING MARIS TOOK THEM BUT MYSTERY WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!

AND IF BONDS IS ABOUT TO TEST FOR THEM! HE LOOKS PRETTY DAMN BIG STILL!
  • Options

<< <i>AXTELL IF YOUR REFERING TO BONDS HE HAS 7 MVP'S SINCE DATING BACK TO 1991 I THINK. YOU THINK HE WAS JUICING THEN? MCGWIRE HIT 49 HRS HIS ROOKIE YEAR WAS HE JUICING?

DID YOU SEE MARIS GO FROM 35 HR'S TO 61?? BRADY ANDERSON 18 TO 50? MARIS SEEMS LIKE ANDERSON TO ME. ROIDS WERE AROUND BACK THEN BELIEVE IT OR NOT! IM NOT SAYING MARIS TOOK THEM BUT MYSTERY WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!

AND IF BONDS IS ABOUT TO TEST FOR THEM! HE LOOKS PRETTY DAMN BIG STILL! >>

Bonds has ADMITTED to juicing...that to me automatically disqualifies him from any sort of all-time records with me.

Yes, I'd likely bet Brady took roids that year, there really is no other explaination for his explosion.

Maris going up 22 HRs at the peak of his career doesn't seem that unbelievable as brady 18 to 50.